Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

13 year old girls

My daughter turned 13 yesterday. I think about things that I did when I was 13 and I get worried. I was a pretty good kid, and she is too. She plays sports, makes good grades, has lots of friends. I try to keep her out of trouble.

I let her have a XANGA account on the condition that I know the password and have full access to it. I checked yesterday and she had her cell phone number on her page. NOT LIKING THAT.

And some of her friends, sheeesh. One of them has 2 xanga accounts. One screen name is pretty benign, but the other one is "u know you want it 69" What kind of screen name is that for a 12 year old? Should I call her mother and tell her about it? If my daughter had that, I'd want to know, you know?

Also...what is the obsession for these little well-to-do white girls in suburbia with "gangsta" signs? they all do hand signs in their pictures. Do they really know what it means? It bothers me.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 13 year old girls

Stanley1-nip
    one day

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

Call.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

IBTSJ

EDIT: too slow
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Also...what is the obsession for these little well-to-do white girls in suburbia with "gangsta" signs? they all do hand signs in their pictures. Do they really know what it means? It bothers me.
    Unless its the #1 sign or the upside down horn sign and done in October, I would not like that.

I dont think you should tell the mom about her daughters user name. Thats her problem, but I would not allow my daughter to have any contact with a girl like that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Well, there's only so much you can do before they start complaining that you're ruining/running their lives. Scare tactics worked with me, but I was a sissy. Kids these days aren't scared until something actually happens. Which is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    My daughter turned 13 yesterday. I think about things that I did when I was 13 and I get worried. I was a pretty good kid, and she is too. She plays sports, makes good grades, has lots of friends. I try to keep her out of trouble.

I let her have a XANGA account on the condition that I know the password and have full access to it. I checked yesterday and she had her cell phone number on her page. NOT LIKING THAT.

And some of her friends, sheeesh. One of them has 2 xanga accounts. One screen name is pretty benign, but the other one is "u know you want it 69" What kind of screen name is that for a 12 year old? Should I call her mother and tell her about it? If my daughter had that, I'd want to know, you know?

Try an 11 year old with a Xanga account. My daughters best friend. So her Dad and I were talking about blogs, and he tells me she has one. My daughter used to IM her, so I went to Xanga and searched her IM user name. Sure enough it is the same.

It is like reading a diary, and she talks about what her and my daughter talk about. The blogs are riddled with F this and F that. Also she said some kid was acting "high" at recess. I didn't even know little DC knew about that stuff. It made me very sad. I called the girls parents, and they said it is a double edge sword and I agree. You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    Unless its the #1 sign or the upside down horn sign and done in October, I would not like that.

I dont think you should tell the mom about her daughters user name. Thats her problem, but I would think twice about allowing my daughter to have any contact with a girl like that.

it's a girl in her class at school. can't really avoid her, although she doesn't hang out with her much. this is the same girl who, while playing with one of the other girl's glucose meter came up with a blood sugar of over 300. no matter what you eat, your glucose would never be that high unless you are a diabetic. I called her mom about that and she was rather blase about getting the kid's blood sugar checked. So you're right, i wont' say anything to her.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

Predator bait she is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DCSooner
    Try an 11 year old with a Xanga account. My daughters best friend. So her Dad and I were talking about blogs, and he tells me she has one. My daughter used to IM her, so I went to Xanga and searched her IM user name. Sure enough it is the same.

It is like reading a diary, and she talks about what her and my daughter talk about. The blogs are riddled with F this and F that. Also she said some kid was acting "high" at recess. I didn't even know little DC knew about that stuff. It made me very sad. I called the girls parents, and they said it is a double edge sword and I agree. You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.

oh..mine KNOWS i'm reading her blog. she gave me the password. it was one of the conditions of letting her have it. she has very limited internet access after an incident over the summer at her dad's house. i always read over her shoulder when she's IM'ing someone too. when i'm not home, her brother does a good job of monitoring her.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Since your daughter knows you have looked at it, I see no problem with talking about the things you should and should not put on a blog for the world to see.

My niece is 16 and has a xanga. She is careful about things she puts on hers, but one of her friends has her first and last name, photos, birthday, school name, activities, etc. So basically, any perv who reads her blog will know exactly where to find her if he really wanted to.

I've talked to my niece about how not everyone on the internet is who they say they are and that she should esp. wonder about teenaged guys named DC who reside in Dallas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DCSooner
    You want to punish them, but at the same time, you don't want them to know you are reading their blog.
    If they didn't want anyone and everyone to read it, they shouldn't have a blog. Could be a good lesson that blogs aren't just for your friends to read. I'm not a parent though, so I really should just shut the hell up.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

vCash

SBSB, i told her last night that i saw her cell # on there and that I took it off. I also talked to her about her friend's screen name and said I didn't want her hanging around with someone like that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    If they didn't want anyone and everyone to read it, they shouldn't have a blog. Could be a good lesson that blogs aren't just for your friends to read. I'm not a parent though, so I really should just shut the hell up.
    Exactly. My grandma told my mom who told me: Never put into writing what you don't want the world to read."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef

no, you make a VERY good point. if it's on the internet, it's public access. the public includes parents.

vCash

oh..mine KNOWS i'm reading her blog. she gave me the password. it was one of the conditions of letting her have it. she has very limited internet access after an incident over the summer at her dad's house. i always read over her shoulder when she's IM'ing someone too. when i'm not home, her brother does a good job of monitoring her.
    and Beef,

The whole thing is, if they don't know you are reading it, they will act how they act when you aren't there. It is like being a fly on the wall. A valuable tool IMO.

vCash

SBSB, i told her last night that i saw her cell # on there and that I took it off. I also talked to her about her friend's screen name and said I didn't want her hanging around with someone like that.
    Maybe the girl just thought it was referring to the code you use to call someone back *69.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Born Sooner Bred
    Maybe the girl just thought it was referring to the code you use to call someone back *69.

yeah right.

vCash

there are some of those that can be limited to certain groups, like livejournal

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Born Sooner Bred
    She ain't no holla back girl.

I got nuthin'.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.