Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooner 'Fans'

Sooner 'Fans'

You shouldn't be a fan of OU's unless you are currently enrolled there or you have a degree from there.

Root for your alma mater not mine. It's probably some JuCo or High School but that's fine. Be proud or yourself but don't try to be a Sooner if you do not have a diploma from OU.

Honestly, I can somewhat tolerate you non-OU-diploma-bearing-folks as long as you don't get a tattoo of the OU logo or the Sooner Schooner or anything else affiliated with my University.

Cheer for the Connors State Cowboys, the Duncan Demons, the OCCC Whatevers. Just not the Sooners.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sooner 'Fans'

Huh!?!?!

Is this a joke?

Nope. I'm just sick of all of these bandwagon fans. 99% of them have never stepped foot in a classroom at OU and couldn't tell you the difference between Sarkey's and Dale Hall Tower.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Dude, you've lost your mind.

nothing good is going to come fom this.
    I taste terrific.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Sarkeys = roof leaks

Dale Hall = Played with John Oates.

HairyNorm

I'm tempted to agree with Scoot.

If we could get rid of some of the trash, that would leave tickets for those of us that actually hold degrees.

Or at the very least, graduates should get a preference over the rif-raf.

See, JM is obviously qualified to be a fan.

He could have said, one leans, the other drops bricks on your head.

vCash

Does Sarkeys still leak?

vCash

I'm sorry but if we had just OU Alums or OU students as fans we wouldn't fill the stadium every week. If you go by that logic you can't be a fan of any pro team because you don't have the right to be a fan of em.

HairyNorm

I bet we'd still sell it out each and every home game.

I know several that are on waiting lists with me.

You half right Nick. I'm not a fan of any pro teams.

If we could get rid of the tattoo'd folks that have tickets graduates like me could get in. The stadium would be filled up, even in down years. Because alumni have ties to the University. The others do not.

most OU "fans" probably don't even know what a Sooner IS

vCash

I bet atleast 70% of the posters on this board haven't gone to OU. You have the right to be a fan of who you want. You can't say you're not a fan of someone just because of where you went to college. I know OSU die hards currently going to school in Norman and OU die hards going to school in Stillwater.

OK, highschool kids are the exception, Nick.

vCash

I do kinda get tired of people who haven't lived in Norman, who haven't walked that campus, who don't know what the inside of Dale Hall smells like coming around here acting like they know what it means to be a Sooner. Cause in reality, they don't.

vCash

Wow! Just wow!

Okay, I grew up in Norman while my dad was getting his masters from OU in the early 70's. For some reason, one of my earliest memories involves Joe Wiley. Actually lived across from the duck pond for a couple of years, before moving off campus. Both of my sisters, a brother-in-law, & son-in-law (former Top Dawg) have degrees from OU. I've attended many OU games throughout the years and still do, even though I live out of state.

Where do I turn in my fan status?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerScooter
    You shouldn't be a fan of OU's unless you are currently enrolled there or you have a degree from there.

Root for your alma mater not mine. It's probably some JuCo or High School but that's fine. Be proud or yourself but don't try to be a Sooner if you do not have a diploma from OU.

Honestly, I can somewhat tolerate you non-OU-diploma-bearing-folks as long as you don't get a tattoo of the OU logo or the Sooner Schooner or anything else affiliated with my University.

Cheer for the Connors State Cowboys, the Duncan Demons, the OCCC Whatevers. Just not the Sooners.

just to let you know, not to embarrass you but you get a degree in college not a diploma. You don't get a report card every 9 weeks either.

carry on your hatin

seriously. apparently what it means to be a Sooner is to support a team only when they're winning and enjoy the glory without experiencing the john blake, gibbs, and *************** years. jump on and be a sooner as long as we beat texas but make sure your tattoo is concealable when we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PAW
    Wow! Just wow!

Okay, I grew up in Norman while my dad was getting his masters from OU in the early 70's. For some reason, one of my earliest memories involves Joe Wiley. Actually lived across from the duck pond for a couple of years, before moving off campus. Both of my sisters, a brother-in-law, & son-in-law (former Top Dawg) have degrees from OU. I've attended many OU games throughout the years and still do, even though I live out of state.

Where do I turn in my fan status?
    when you actually buck up and enroll.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

oh and SoonerScooter to carry it a little further unless you played major college football you can't be a fan of it.