Thread: OU Attendance

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

OU Attendance

I wonder how close the "actual" attendance is between OU women and men? I do think OU's style of play does hurt attendance.

P.S. This is coming from a KS supporter.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU Attendance

It's better then it was in the late Tubbs years I bet.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

I'd wager a guess that the men average between 7-8,000 a game at the moment. The women so far have averaged between 4-5,000.

The numbers the University puts out for men's basketball attendance are grossly inflated.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sampson said in the paper today that the LNC "is a great place to watch a game", as it is more of a viewing venue than a bandbox, but it "has to be full to be loud".
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

I agree. There really isn't a bad seat. I think most people just like their couch a little better.

vCash

When I went to OU I went to the games--What is wrong is the LNC atmosphere. It doesnt feel like you are a part of the game, when the student section is 1/2 a block away from the court.

vCash

I see Sampson is hearing about Attendance- it is interesting to see his spin-

He will have to adjust and get more up tempo- I hope he does... I want to believe we can beat good teams.... we need to prepare for the Tourney- in game adjustments - wrenches,seat of pants basketball, in game adjustments wins games in the tourney. We have some talent and by the end of the year I hope he pulls a Denny Crum- but he needs to eventually get up tempo- especially with next years class- if we score 65-70 points a game next year- I/ll Puke in my mouth..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUstud
    Sampson said in the paper today that the LNC "is a great place to watch a game", as it is more of a viewing venue than a bandbox, but it "has to be full to be loud".
    As a student I was lucky to get the seats near the band and feel like I was participating. People in the upper section watch, they don't participate. it's like having a slightly better seat than your couch. It's still a little dark up there, far away, and even a lot of the people with better seats aren't that loud, so it doesn't exactly spread to the upper level.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IronSooner
    As a student I was lucky to get the seats near the band and feel like I was participating. People in the upper section watch, they don't participate. it's like having a slightly better seat than your couch. It's still a little dark up there, far away, and even a lot of the people with better seats aren't that loud, so it doesn't exactly spread to the upper level.
    I caught the "watch" too. Pretty good arena to lounge and watch, doesn't do much to pump you up.
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Quote Originally Posted by OUstud
    I wonder how many games Sampson has watched from the stands at LNC.

vCash

Good, loud crowd today, in my opinion. Should be really good against Saxet.

but they killed top dawg

Sooner Spectator Editor Jay C. Upchurch's Avatar
    vCash

They didn't kill Top Dawg. They retired him to a stud farm. He's living it up doggie style (no pun intended).