New Bracketology

Big 12 w/ 3 teams in:
    Texas, 2 seed
    Iowa State, 7 seed
    Nebraska, 12 seed

KSU & KU on Last 4 Out
    OSU on Next 4 Out

No mention of OU.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

Brewmaster

vCash

Re: New Bracketology

We might be close to being 3-0 in conference, but we're also 2 points away from being 0-3 in conference against sucky teams.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    We might be close to being 3-0 in conference, but we're also 2 points away from being 0-3 in conference against sucky teams.

so.........the glass is half empty?

Brewmaster

vCash

I'm just saying you can't really blame the bracketology guys. we look like we're just as close to falling apart as we are to pulling it back together.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

If the season ended today, it would be hard to have us in with basically zero quality wins, even with no terrible losses (Mizzou is pretty decent, esp. after beating KU). The conference season still has 13 games left though, and the team really has nowhere to go but up right now

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NUSooner
    If the season ended today, it would be hard to have us in with basically zero quality wins, even with no terrible losses (Mizzou is pretty decent, esp. after beating KU). The conference season still has 13 games left though, and the team really has nowhere to go but up right now
    The no quality wins thing is the main thing against OU right now, especially with Alabama sucking. As bad as the Big 12 is, it's going to be hard to come across a quality win in conference. Texas is really the only team with any quality OOC wins in the Big 12. That said, a winning conference record should still get OU in.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTXHorn
    a winning conference record should still get OU in.

yeah, i was afraid of that........

Sooner Starter
    vCash

www.big12-fans.com has an article up about potentially getting only three bids.

Edmond, Oklahoma -- the greatest city in Oklahoma
    vCash

I'm sorry, I think we are playing like crap right now, but Joe Lunardi thinks the team rated by everyone else in the media and coaches as the #24 team in the country doesn't deserve to be in a field of 64(65) teams?

That's just stupid.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We have a loosing record in conference, we have zero quality wins- based on making a decision today- we do not deserve to be in...

We can either win the Tourney or get hot and win 22 games or so and sneak in.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

I think bracketology assumes an end to the regular season based upon what's happened thus far. Basically, Lunardi doesn't believe we will be #24 in the country at the end of the season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTXHorn
    The no quality wins thing is the main thing against OU right now, especially with Alabama sucking. As bad as the Big 12 is, it's going to be hard to come across a quality win in conference. Texas is really the only team with any quality OOC wins in the Big 12. That said, a winning conference record should still get OU in.
    It's NT so STFU. You're not supposed to mention that place and you need to change your username for Tuesdays.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    It's NT so STFU. You're not supposed to mention that place and you need to change your username for Tuesdays.
    Ban me.

There were a couple of threads on the football board today about Texas. Ban them too.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

How can he have OSU on the next four out, if they aren't in his bracket?

Is "last four out" like the top 4 out of the tourney, and then "next four out" is the 5-8 team by his estimation that didn't make his bracket? I interpreted "next four out" to mean these are the next four I'm moving out if they don't show me something.
    Last edited by ouradu; 1/18/2006 at 10:28 AM.

Brewmaster

vCash

I think "last four out" means the 4 teams that would get in the tournament if there were 69 teams instead of 65. they're the basketball equivalent of "also receiving votes". And I think "next four out" are #5-8 of "also receiving votes".
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MojoRisen
    We have a loosing record in conference, we have zero quality wins- based on making a decision today- we do not deserve to be in...

We can either win the Tourney or get hot and win 22 games or so and sneak in.
    We are 10-4 right now, if we get to 22 wins, 10 more conf wins and 2 in the tourney (12-4 the rest of the way) I don't know that we would be sneaking in. If we finish 9-7 in conf and win 1 conf tourney game and make it then we would be sneaking in.

I figure after the TT game on Sat we are either back in the field or we are way out of it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think any Big 12 team will be safe with a 9-7 conference record. 10-6 might not be enough, depending on RPI and quality wins.

Right now there's one good team (Texas) one bad team (Baylor) and ten teams that are more or less even. It's going to be a wild year to see you ends up in the upper third of the conference.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog
    We are 10-4 right now, if we get to 22 wins, 10 more conf wins and 2 in the tourney (12-4 the rest of the way) I don't know that we would be sneaking in. If we finish 9-7 in conf and win 1 conf tourney game and make it then we would be sneaking in.

I figure after the TT game on Sat we are either back in the field or we are way out of it.
    Put it in persepctive- 20-8 is not a for sure deal- depending on who we beat in conference- but likely a 7 seed- unless we win the big 12 tourney and get jacked up to a 3/4 seed.

Regardless - we all know it is luck of the draw- when we made our run- I felt we should have won/could win every game up until the elite 8.

MUST BEAT TT- at all cost...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by skycat
    I don't think any Big 12 team will be safe with a 9-7 conference record. 10-6 might not be enough, depending on RPI and quality wins.

Right now there's one good team (Texas) one bad team (Baylor) and ten teams that are more or less even. It's going to be a wild year to see you ends up in the upper third of the conference.
    I agree 9-7 is a sticky propostion. That would put us in virtually the same position as 2 years ago, needing help to make to make the tourney. Probably we would just miss out. I was addressing sneaking in mostly. If we got to 22 wins, we wouldn't be sneaking in. We we would be entering the tourney on an impressive run.

I think 10-6 gets us in though. We would have to go 9-4 the rest of the way including 2 games with the Whorns, and road games @OSU, @KU and @ Colo (who looks pretty good right now). I'll be honest, I would take 10-6 right now.