vCash

Anyone actually see the spit?

Sean Taylor got ejected from the Redskins' game, yet I still haven't seen a clip showing him actually spitting. Not that I want to see it, but I am just curious how that ref knew right away to eject Taylor. Did the ref see it, or did he just take Pittman's word for it?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Anyone actually see the spit?

i think keith hernandez did it.... from the grassy knoll.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

vCash

I need to see your diagram
    Do it for the Polar bears.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

well the ref was like 2 steps away and called it immediately, but you couldn't hear the announcement because the place was going nuts over the personal foul part being called.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

I'm betting the ref got hit by the spit residue. The wad undoubtedly hit the Tampa guy, but the little speckles must have got on the refs face.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

He did jerk his head back a bit right before getting slapped by Pittman. I'm guessing that's when the spit occurred. Plus, he didn't seem to be arguing the penalty rather vociferously.

And like Scott said, Mike Carey was rushing in and was only a few feet away when the transgression apparently took place.

The camera angle simply wasn't close enough to show any conclusive evidence. Therefore, you've got to stick with the call on the field.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Once a U-thug always a U-thug.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8