Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Landthief 1972's Avatar
    vCash

Maisel's 2005 All-Bowl Team

1 Sooner on it.

Chris Messner. Seriously.

Talk amongst yourselves.
    Certainly, without a doubt, this is my signature, and I wrote it in a great way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Maisel's 2005 All-Bowl Team

Messner? Are you serious? Granted I didn't exactly watch the OL intently, but from seeing past games that just seems odd. Maybe I should buy some free time and make a film study of some past games.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Messner did pretty well if my memory serves me. Who else would you put on the list? I'd add Chet and maybe Thibs, but with the other great DEs around this year, can you blame anyone for forgetting about ours?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

C.J. Ah You should be on there. He had two sacks
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

Clint should be on there too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Messner? wow......i don't know what else to say but wow......wow...................................... ....................................wow
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

You actually read Maisel's stuff. Throw him onto the giant heap of steaming mass that makes up sports writers. The media (AP) took great pride in OU's loss last year because it made their coronation of USC in 04 look valid. Same bunch that couldn't stick their heads far enough up Carroll and his Trojans collective a** and declared them the greatest team in the history of mankind. They don't look so smart now, do they? Most of the sports writers never played any type of sport and see the same replays we all do. And this makes them more enlightened? What a joke.

lol...No Condoms or Domers on the team

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RooseveltRoughRider
    lol...No Condoms or Domers on the team
    Maybe Ivan missed Lendale White gashing through "Those Which We No Longer Speak of on Tuesdays" for 3 scores. He was 19 seconds away from being the big story coast-to-coast....media elites

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    Maybe Ivan missed Lendale White gashing through "Those Which We No Longer Speak of on Tuesdays" for 3 scores. He was 19 seconds away from being the big story coast-to-coast....media elites
    Tell me about it. Without Lendale White that game coulda got outta hand. I guess the WV guy impressed him more. The WV guy was carving Georgia a new ***..and the Memphis guy...I never saw him. That was one of the games I had to skip. Was he good?? Peterson was pretty damn resilient against the Quacks. He didnt have many yards, but his determination was key to the victory in my opinion.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Was Messner in changre of blocking that AA tackle for Oregon? That could be the reason.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    Was Messner in changre of blocking that AA tackle for Oregon? That could be the reason.

?? thought he (Ngata) might've been Chester's man??? or Chaisson??
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

vCash

No Runnels? Is there a better FB in the nation?
    My kids rock the flock!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 caphorns's Avatar
    vCash

RRR and Octavian - Why would anyone include Lendell White's performance when he was given a chance and failed miserably to seal the game on 4th and 2? Dude is an awesome player but it was not an "All Bowl" performance especially compared to 2 dudes that ran for 200+ yards in their respective bowl games.

I'm glad to see a list without Domers and Condoms. If you take out the special teams players (those look pretty arbitrary), the only teams with more than one position player on the list are Texas, Ohio State and LSU. To me, those are the 3 teams with the most impressive wins on the bowl season, so the list seems fairly well thought out.

As for Messner, he was the player "singled out by [your new OC] Kevin Wilson". The compliment paid was that your OL gave up 0 sacks against a D that had averaged 2.8 sacks per year. The blurb states that Messner gave up only 1 sack on the season (in the opener against TCU). I hadn't heard much about him, but that seems impressive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    No Runnels? Is there a better FB in the nation?
    Maisel did not have a specific category for FBs. 2 200+ yard tailbacks were named as his RBs (which is fairly typical of these lists).

Brewmaster

vCash

Yeah, they usually ignore the FB for an extra RB or WR.

Somewhere Jerome Bettis is laughing.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Landthief 1972's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by caphorns
    RRR and Octavian - Why would anyone include Lendell White's performance when he was given a chance and failed miserably to seal the game on 4th and 2? Dude is an awesome player but it was not an "All Bowl" performance especially compared to 2 dudes that ran for 200+ yards in their respective bowl games.

I'm glad to see a list without Domers and Condoms. If you take out the special teams players (those look pretty arbitrary), the only teams with more than one position player on the list are Texas, Ohio State and LSU. To me, those are the 3 teams with the most impressive wins on the bowl season, so the list seems fairly well thought out.

As for Messner, he was the player "singled out by [your new OC] Kevin Wilson". The compliment paid was that your OL gave up 0 sacks against a D that had averaged 2.8 sacks per year. The blurb states that Messner gave up only 1 sack on the season (in the opener against TCU). I hadn't heard much about him, but that seems impressive.
    It just seems odd that the only kudos we get is in a position that most Sooners feel was sub-par compared to the past 6 years.
    Certainly, without a doubt, this is my signature, and I wrote it in a great way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by caphorns
    Running for 200+ yards in the Tire Bowl is not the same as scoring 3 TDs in the NCG and barely coming up short on a 4th and 2 against a solid UT DLine....the same DLine he ripped for, as noted several times, 3 TDs and over 100+ in the National Title Game. If that 4th and 5 goes SUC's way...this would seem a ridiculous argument b/c White would've won the Rose Bowl MVP and all of us would be forced to look at/listen to Lendale White media suck sessions for quite some time

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    Running for 200+ yards in the Tire Bowl is not the same as scoring 3 TDs in the NCG and barely coming up short on a 4th and 2 against a solid UT DLine....the same DLine he ripped for, as noted several times, 3 TDs and over 100+ in the National Title Game. If that 4th and 5 goes SUC's way...this would seem a ridiculous argument b/c White would've won the Rose Bowl MVP and all of us would be forced to look at/listen to Lendale White media suck sessions for quite some time
    White's a great back and I can agree about the Tire Bowl. But recognize that you can't chose a guy for your All Bowl team who's biggest highlight was hitting the turf a yard short. It just is. Do you honestly think Reggie Bush would have come up a yard short? I wonder. I know for certain Vince wouldn't come up a yard short.

And lets face it - the kid from Memphis is a pretty compelling story. He's run for a crapload of yards for a completely subpar team. Reminds me more of LaDanian Tomlinson than Reggie Bush does.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

messner almost got a touchdown as well. not bad for a former high school QB...