vCash

Tribute to Vincent Young

There are many things for which Vince Young should be lauded. His one-man-teamishness, his perfect performance in the Rose Bowl, his uncanny resemblance to Radio. Praiseworthy, all.

But I come here to make note of VY's one singular achievement, his bright shining moment, his flash of inspiration. Of course, I refer to the invention by Mr. Vince Young of the now ubiquitous Head Panty.

Sure, maybe a guy or two donned a Head Panty pre-VY. Sure, maybe VY didn't exactly invent the Head Panty. But, did Patrick Ewing invent the T-shirt? Did the Fab Five invent baggy shorts? Did Pistol Pete invent floppy socks? No! But that is their legacy!

VY's unrelenting and unswerving dedication to the Head Panty has caused a thousand skull caps to bloom, in colors hetetofore unimaginable to your average bovine. So, here's to you, Mr. Vincent Young, Head Panty popularizer!

We're grateful, however, that your other trademark, see-through pants, never caught on.
    "The word 'felony' doesn't scare me." - Eddie Sutton, The Sunday Oklahoman, May 9, 2004.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Tribute to Vincent Young

Son, you've got a panty on yer head.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sounds like the next Bud Lite commercial. You should send it in.

(Music) "Mr. Head Panty Popular-izer"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I like it. I've had same thoughts, but maybe TFRW ought to share in the accomplishment. EVERY time he had his helmet off, he was wearing a head panty.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, but he had his head in his hands, crying, too much for anyone to notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.