Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

With Vince gone, Bomar is #1 ?

With Vince grabbing the money, that must make Bomar the premier Big 12 QB? Further, that must make OU the odds on favorite to take the Big 12 title also.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: With Vince gone, Bomar is #1 ?

You are correct sir. The closest returning QB in the Big XII next year is the Kid from Neb. and he's a Senior now.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I think it's hilarious how people think bomar sucks. They havn't noticed that he has improved a BUNCH the whole season. Now Josh Heupel being our QB coach I assume he is going to be outstanding next season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 westcoast_sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I like our chances in the RRS better than with VY still in Austin, but we have to retool our OL, and Bomar will have to grow up a little more.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast_sooner
    ... and Bomar will have to grow up a little more.
    and stop allowing himself to get clobbered when he throws those roll-out passes. the kid's tough, but he's gonna get whacked one of these days.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fadada1
    and stop allowing himself to get clobbered when he throws those roll-out passes. the kid's tough, but he's gonna get whacked one of these days.
    Oh he's been whacked o'plenty already. I like the fact that Josh is already telling Rhett he takes too many hits. I'd look for Rhett to improve drastically w/smarter decisions in both these areas: not trying to force passes into double or triple coverage and not getting hammered every play. Also it sounds like the coaches are going to let Joey H. compete w/Rhett for the starting job which is nothing new to Rhett and should contribute to his and Joey's improvement.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

if the premise is true, it's mostly a comment on the state of the conference at QB....and graduation and such. Texas Aggy will tell you that McGee is the second coming of Thomas Lott in the option (though we did make him look that).

Bomar is a good QB, and made some plays and great throws to win games....but if you look at 3rd down conversions he's a long way from the guys we've had before. not saying he won't get there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm curious to see if we roll him out more often. He looked plenty comfortable with that in the bowl game and I think it gives him a chance to avoid getting whacked quite so much.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Going to be hard to beat out the Tech kid, Harrell for all-conference though.

You can just plug in qb's there and throw for 3000 yards, and this kid is going to be the best Leach has had yet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

McGee is pretty good, we wanted either him or Bomar.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Bomar loves gettin' wacked...my favorite is still the hit he took in the UCLA game where he got pile drove like in professioal wrestling...
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Sooner Benchwarmer Ban One Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU-HSV
    Oh he's been whacked o'plenty already. I like the fact that Josh is already telling Rhett he takes too many hits. I'd look for Rhett to improve drastically w/smarter decisions in both these areas: not trying to force passes into double or triple coverage and not getting hammered every play. Also it sounds like the coaches are going to let Joey H. compete w/Rhett for the starting job which is nothing new to Rhett and should contribute to his and Joey's improvement.
    Joey H. could use some improvement, the last couple of years with Detroit have been attrocious. However, I assumed he had exhausted his eligibility....

Sorry, bad joke.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    McGee is pretty good, we wanted either him or Bomar.
    Agreed. Plus, he's going to have the Jerome Bettis V2.0 there. Going to be fun to watch those guys option it up.

Wazzup, gdc.

vCash

Bomar is #2 behind Bell.

Kidding.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ban One Sooner
    Joey H. could use some improvement, the last couple of years with Detroit have been attrocious. However, I assumed he had exhausted his eligibility....

Sorry, bad joke.
    Heh..I was gonna say that's not the Joey H. I was talking about!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Bret Meyer, Zac Taylor, and Shawn Bell all had better numbers then Rhett did. Bell's numbers are probably about the same as Rhett except that Bell only threw 6 INTs and 2 more TDs then Rhett threw.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NickZeppelin
    Bret Meyer, Zac Taylor, and Shawn Bell all had better numbers then Rhett did. Bell's numbers are probably about the same as Rhett except that Bell only threw 6 INTs and 2 more TDs then Rhett threw.
    And what is the most glaringly obvious fact about those 3 in comparison to Bomar, Nick?
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Bret and Taylor both have a lot more TDs then Bomar. Only Bell threw less then 10 INTs. But all 3 threw 10 INTs. Meyer and Taylor have more yards then Bomar had. None of the 3 teams had that good of an offensive line. ISU's Meyer had the most experienced talent around him probably.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    And what is the most glaringly obvious fact about those 3 in comparison to Bomar, Nick?
    trick question

nothing is obvious to Nick.

vCash

Bret Meyer is ahead of Bomar. But he's the only one right now.