Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big 12 - Conference Rep

Looks like the Big 12 has gotten it's rep out of a hole after the bowl season. I am guessing the best record of all the conferences. (or close) The Texas and Okla (unranked vs #6) wins over the Pac 10 were great. I suspected TT would get blown out by Bama but it went to the wire. Nebbish over Michigan is just unbelievable. Mo coming back against Steve Spurrier I loved . The losses were very close and the wins impressive.

Believe me it takes alot to shut the SEC fans up about their conference . It get's sickening. Great to see the Big 12 back where it belongs. Let's see if it reflects in next years rankings.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Big 12 - Conference Rep

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!! !!!!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

...and one of the Big XII bowl losses was to an 11-1 TCU team that beat us. In fact the only bowl team that lost that OU played was Texas Tech, the rest won their games (Tulsa, UCLA, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska) for the Big XII Colorado was the only loss that would have been a shock if they had won. A great bowl season for the conference and Sooner opponents. Who ended with winning the "mythical" bowl challenge cup or whatever it is called?

Now, how did SMU be the only team that beat TCU

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 49r's Avatar
    vCash

I couldn't find the conference bowl standings anywhere, so I compiled a list on my own. As far as I can tell this is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by 49r
    Conference......Wins....Losses..Percentage
    Big 12..............5..........3..........62.50%
    Pac 10.............3..........2..........60.00%
    ACC................4..........3..........57.14%
    CUSA..............3..........3..........50.00%
    SEC................3..........3..........50.00%
    MWC...............2..........2..........50.00%
    Independent.....1..........1..........50.00%
    MAC................1..........1..........50.00%
    Big 10..............3..........4..........42.86%
    Big East...........2..........3..........40.00%
    WAC...............1..........2..........33.33%
    Sunbelt...........0..........1............0.00%

Sorry if the formatting is all outta whack...

Isn't the ACC 5-3?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok
    Call it the OU/oSu pheonmenon.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I still think AU beats Wisc 9 of 10 as well as UGA beating WV the same amount.

South Carolina.... I dunno.

*crickets chirping*

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Just wait.. in August, we get to hear, "There is no dominant quarterback in the Big XII for the first time in conference history and as such, all offenses will struggle. Accordingly, the Big XII will not be a major player in the BCS bowls other than to send their out-matched conference champion."

Get ready for it.

It really has been an amazing run... a Big XII team in every BCS National championship game except one... in the past 6 years.

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I think the SEC just got spanked, with the exception of Miami being exposed for the fraud they are (thanks for that).
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

The winner of the RRS is my pick for the BCs championship game.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
    Just wait.. in August, we get to hear, "There is no dominant quarterback in the Big XII for the first time in conference history and as such, all offenses will struggle. Accordingly, the Big XII will not be a major player in the BCS bowls other than to send their out-matched conference champion."

Get ready for it.

It really has been an amazing run... a Big XII team in every BCS National championship game except one... in the past 6 years.
    Good observation. I think that is an accurate assumption though. There really will be no dominating QB but I expect Zac Taylor to step up and possibly become the premier QB in the conference.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

vCash

...and one of the Big XII bowl losses was to an 11-1 TCU team that beat us. In fact the only bowl team that lost that OU played was Texas Tech, the rest won their games (Tulsa, UCLA, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska) for the Big XII Colorado was the only loss that would have been a shock if they had won. A great bowl season for the conference and Sooner opponents. Who ended with winning the "mythical" bowl challenge cup or whatever it is called?

i think the TCU kicker missed like 5 FG's or something in the game

vCash

ok, he was 1 for 4

and the QB threw 3 picks

it's pretty amazing that they went on to win the rest of their games if the lost like that to SMU...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by shavedmarmoset
    There really will be no dominating QB but I expect Zac Taylor to step up and possibly become the premier QB in the conference.
    If Taylor spends more time upright than on his back he'll have a decent shot. Premier? I dunno about that...usually a QB needs a strong supporting cast of skill players to be premier (see Brad Smith). I think <crimson shades on> Bomar really has the best returning cast and therefor the best chance - IMO RB has the best shot at becoming the new flagbearer for BigXII QBs

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    If Taylor spends more time upright than on his back he'll have a decent shot. Premier? I dunno about that...usually a QB needs a strong supporting cast of skill players to be premier (see Brad Smith). I think <crimson shades on> Bomar really has the best returning cast and therefor the best chance - IMO RB has the best shot at becoming the new flagbearer for BigXII QBs
    Here are Zac's stats for the last three games, and I'm getting this from ESPN.com

TD - 7
    INT - 2
    Yds - 779
    Comp. Pct. - 59.0%

He has definitely been better in the last few games than in the rest of the year.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 49r
    I couldn't find the conference bowl standings anywhere, so I compiled a list on my own. As far as I can tell this is pretty accurate.
    I guess the Big XII must have won since you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. The way that they were pimping that bowl challenge cup before and during the bowl season you would think that there would be a reference to it somewhere

Trollin' for Crimson Spek Crimson and Orange's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RooseveltRoughRider
    The winner of the RRS is my pick for the BCs championship game.
    As it should be. And it's been that way 4 of the past 6 years.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 49r's Avatar
    vCash

I guess the Big XII must have won since you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. The way that they were pimping that bowl challenge cup before and during the bowl season you would think that there would be a reference to it somewhere
    Right, it was amazing how big of a deal they were making of it while the ACC was in the lead, and before the Big 10 and SEC started choking away game after game...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by shavedmarmoset
    Here are Zac's stats for the last three games, and I'm getting this from ESPN.com

TD - 7
    INT - 2
    Yds - 779
    Comp. Pct. - 59.0%

He has definitely been better in the last few games than in the rest of the year.
    Well, I disagree but we'll see. Still not sold on Air Lincoln.