Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

2000 florida st. vs. 2005 USC

i know the media wants to act like texas just beat the '85 bears, but if you remove the hype and look at the two teams, OU's win was against a much better team.

check past results -- http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1a.htm

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: 2000 florida st. vs. 2005 USC

2005 USC would have planted that FSU team. They wouldn't have shut down their offense like OU did, but they would have won by 2+ TD's easily. This is a pretty sad post.

vCash

this USC offense is hands-down one of the best ever. but they didn't have near the defense they've had for the last 3 years. their reputation has been carried over from year to year, but they came very close to losing a couple of times.

i really believe if you sift through the media hype, this win was against a very very good, not great team.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklahomaRed's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OregonSooner
    this USC offense is hands-down one of the best ever. but they didn't have near the defense they've had for the last 3 years. their reputation has been carried over from year to year, but they came very close to losing a couple of times.

i really believe if you sift through the media hype, this win was against a very very good, not great team.

You are correct. I said the same thing. By NCAA stats, their deffense when we played them last year was rated #2 in the country. Their deffense when texass played them was rated #45.

I'd say that's a pretty big difference.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
    2005 USC would have planted that FSU team. They wouldn't have shut down their offense like OU did, but they would have won by 2+ TD's easily. This is a pretty sad post.
    face the facts

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85sooners
    face the facts
    yes the indisputable "facts" that the Sooners in 2000 definitely beat an FSU team that was clearly better than a USC 2005 team with 34 straight wins and 2 Heisman trophy winners.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

yes the indisputable "facts" that the Sooners in 2000 definitely beat an FSU team that was clearly better than a USC 2005 team with 34 straight wins and 2 Heisman trophy winners.
    I give it up to the Vexas Yonghorns. It was the greatest single player effort I've ever seen. I'm not gonna say that the 2000 FSU team was better than the 2005 suc team either. But even a Vexas Yonghorn fan has to admit that last years suc team was far better than this years. You don't loose those defensive starters and fall from the #2 rated defense to the # 47 rated defense and say your just as good as you were the previous year unless your an absolute retarded fool. F The Vexass Yonghorns.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Hey, if Vincy does well in the pros, good for him. He was very fortunate the way he moved and took hits through the years that he didn't end up like Jason White. Believe me, staying healthy made all the difference between UT winning and UT seeing another 65-13 game... and I don't mean in their favor.
    Face it Sooner fans, the whorns flat-out........ outstaged us... Their offense was about the same as OU 2004, good running game and phenominal passing stats, but a strong, well-organized UT defense owned the 2005 BIG 12 and the SUC kids.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

What's to say we won't outstage them next year??? The war must go on!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

tell him about it

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    Hey, if Vincy does well in the pros, good for him. He was very fortunate the way he moved and took hits through the years that he didn't end up like Jason White. Believe me, staying healthy made all the difference between UT winning and UT seeing another 65-13 game... and I don't mean in their favor.
    Face it Sooner fans, the whorns flat-out........ outstaged us... Their offense was about the same as OU 2004, good running game and phenominal passing stats, but a strong, well-organized UT defense owned the 2005 BIG 12 and the SUC kids.

Problem you don't realize is they faced a much weaker 'SC defense than we did.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Thumbs down Re: 2000 florida st. vs. 2005 USC

You're on the wrong board. Our opinions shouldn't count to you guys. Stop wasting your/our time.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

This post and the past BCS NC games should tell all college FB fans one thing......defense will win you championships more often than a great offense......in 04, USC had a great D as did OU, the differnece was that USC could cover the pass, which we couldn't, and they wrapped up on their tackles......Now, OU didn't do themselves any favors by truning the ball over left and right, but even if Jason and AD had played good games and bradley doesn't go after that punt, we still lose by 2 + TDs.....
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

2000 fsu is not better than 2005 usc but 2000 OU > 2005 usc.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron
    2000 fsu is not better than 2005 usc but 2000 OU > 2005 usc.

That would be a hellofa game....
    Final score
    OU 14 (2 safeties)
    SuC 10

I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know. Will "Goose" McMinnis play in this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

vCash

SUC is the greatest team/dynasty ever. There is no way you can compare the events in the 2000 Orange Bowl to the 2005 Rose Bowl because the whorns just got lucky with an extremely (nearly retarded ) mediocre football team.

In 2000 OU beat an over-confident FSU team with a one of the Best Defensively Coached Teams to be in a MNC game...IMO.

vCash

no, this team had won 12 in a row. the program had won 34 in a row, not this team. that FSU team had a great defense, this USC didn't. big difference.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Consumate Showman
    That would be a hellofa game....
    Final score
    OU 14 (2 safeties)
    SuC 10

BS! FSU had a great defense. 2000 OU would score all over this shatty suc defense.

Edmond, Oklahoma -- the greatest city in Oklahoma
    vCash

OK. The 2005 team didn't have 34 straight wins. The 2005 team had 12 straight wins.

And the FSU team had 1 trophy winner.

I'd give a slight edge to this USC team, but think FSU's defense would have been more difficult for Texas to stop compared to USC.

Either way,

Texas shall forever suck.