Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Jackson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Keith Jackson

I think that Keith Jackson was either changing his diaper during the last 4 minutes of the 4th, or he was calling Pete and asking WTF is going on.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: Keith Jackson

Was that Keith Jackson? I thought Bob Barry Sr. had entered the booth!

hats off to Dan Fouts for keeping him honest......i dont care for either as a broadcaster, but i thought Fouts did a good job of keeping things fair in that booth

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TMcGee86's Avatar
    vCash

I love how on that int in the endzone TFKJ is like "oh man, one foot more and it's a touchdown."

Fouts was like "Well that was a heck of an interception!"

You could almost hear Fouts frustration trying to keep it neutral.

How about that schedule now TFKJ? ND and SC dont look so hot.

(ug, i sort of i just took up for the whorns. I think i threw up a little in my mouth)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Can you imagine a broadcasting team of Jackson and Bob Barry Sr.?

I couldn't stop laughing right before kickoff when Keith let out a big ol' "Yippee!". The wife walked in from the other room and asked me if she heard that right.

And Fouts did do an admirable job of not only keeping it fair, but also attempting to keep the viewing audience as unconfused about what was actually happening as possible. Dude deserves a big raise if he has to put up with Jackson again next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag

I couldn't stop laughing right before kickoff when Keith let out a big ol' "Yippee!". The wife walked in from the other room and asked me if she heard that right.
    I'm still lost by his "... and a timeout is taken as the third quarter winds down." On screen shows "End of third quarter". So, someone took a timeout in between quarters, Keith?

i loved KJ's comments when Carroll went over and said something to the backup QB......as if Carroll is going to bench Leinhart in the second quarter, only down 4

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    I'm still lost by his "... and a timeout is taken as the third quarter winds down." On screen shows "End of third quarter". So, someone took a timeout in between quarters, Keith?

As I was driving in to work this morning, one of the sports radio dudes described it perfectly -- "He had a few lost old man driving in the left lane moments."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i loved KJ's comments when Carroll went over and said something to the backup QB......as if Carroll is going to bench Leinhart in the second quarter, only down 4

I forgot about that one. The only reason Leinart would have been benched last night was if he had gotten Theismanned.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    Classic. I kept waiting for Fouts to correct him, but he'd probably already left the both for a quick **** by then. ABC finally, mercifully, cut away.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    Keith did say Booty was told to warm up.
    They should have put in Paul Thompson.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Carroll was telling Booty to get ready because Leinart was getting pounded at the time.. I loved the look lienart had after hetting hit in the head on his scramble. Dude got knocked crosseyed again. either that or he was staring at Carrolls yoo-hoo.

vCash

Keith's blatant coastie homerism pushed me over the edge. I'd said before the game I'd pull for USC, but I found myself really wanting UT to pull it out, mainly because I wanted SC to lose and a UT victory and NC would be the unfortunate by-product!
    The SF.com Retard Remover...it makes the postards you have on ignore disappear completely:
    http://173.203.71.50/sfcom_retard_remover.user.js

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I will say this. Ole' When Leinart has time and steps into his passes he throws a hard, fast, pretty spiral.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hot Rod's Avatar
    vCash

I think my fav was the comment about Texas having all 3 timeouts with 2 sec left in the 1st half.
    Ahahahaha...I like it!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

It seems that the big networks tout the SC and ND so much it makes me sick. I am glad the B12 won beating the PAC 10 in both bowls over their 2 best teams.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

I am VERY HAPPY that Fox takes over next year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

KJ was sad when USC lost to Texas...
    and when Oregon lost to OU...
    and when Michigan lost to Nebraska.

Jerk.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I knew they would keep bringing up VY's knee down on the TD, but would never speak again about the clear interception that was somehow ruled incomplete.

How many times did we see the replay of the knee down on the TD, but a couple of plays later the interception was never spoken of or seen again.

IMHO, Texas scores even with the knee down, but that interception stops a drive.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag
    IMO, Keith Berman said it best,"Stumblin, Bumblin, Rumblin". Although I don't think he was talking about those two when he said it.