Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

back from the game

ok, my impressions of the OU/smu game

1 - Moody Coliseum is REALLY small - there was a massive hillbilly invasion, as the Sooners outnumbered the pony fans, although we were fairly quiet.....kinda weird to outnumber the home team fans, and weirder still to not hear Boomer Sooner during a game

2 - we are a street ball team......there is absolutely no leadership.....late in the game with like a minute left, we go down to shoot some free throws and the coaches are having to tell the team they need to huddle up before the shot.....thats not good

3 - i really like austin johnson when he dribbles and passes, he's very smooth....i dont like him so much when he shoots the 3......he barely got it to the rim....inside 15 feet, great, outside, not so great

4 - i dont care for when Everett is at the point, he's rather sloppy and careless with the ball and was just extremely lackadaisical (sp?).....see my previous comment about "streetball"

5 - bob barry looked dead from where i was sitting but i saw his mouth moving so i know he wasnt

6 - nate carter really doesnt impress me much....i do like neal though, and i really wish we could see Griffin get a bunch more minutes

7 - defensively we are pretty damn good.....

8 - offensively, no rhythm whatsoever, no flow to the game, the new guys standing around alot

9 - i met 1TC at halftime, and he says "stanley and the others are supposed to be here but i dont know where they are sitting"......he tells me there's an empty seat next to him, so i agree to sit with my new buddy....we walk up and there is CVS and Stanley sitting RIGHT BEHIND where 1TC's seat was, 2 rows back.......funny

10 - if we dont find some game soon, conference play will be brutal, we arent as good as our ranking

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: back from the game

i don't think we are a streetball team, in "streetball" or any pickup game you usually have too many people attacking the basket 1 on 3 or whatever. we usually pass the ball around the perimeter and get deeper than the free throw line with about 9 seconds left on the shot clock.

having been to the WVU game, this years basketball Sooners have a lot to show me that we are good on D.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

In my preseason outlook, there were several improves that this team must make, and most haven't. The only person who seems like he is playing with consistent energy is Taj. I knew that the WVU game was NOT going to be a good match-up. I had a feeling that 'Bama was going to be a tough match-up, and that at SMU was going to be tough, but a win. However, I do see that this team is sleepwalking through games. I wonder what they are waiting for. The defense is good on the interior and mid-range, but not on the perimeter (which is surprising due to the amount of length that's on the perimeter). That's why I felt that the two Big East teams would not be good match-ups. No one in the Big XII, including UT, has that sort of perimeter firepower. To me, it's a matter of shooting and movement. I don't mean this sarcastically, but when this team hits a three, my jaw drops. If this team learns to defend the 3, and shoot the 3, they will be real good. If not, they will have a deceiving record going into the NCAAs, and they will be beaten by a team who is senior-laden and can shoot (see WVU, IU, 'Nova, Utah,etc.).
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    ok, my impressions of the OU/smu game

1 - Moody Coliseum is REALLY small - there was a massive hillbilly invasion, as the Sooners outnumbered the pony fans, although we were fairly quiet.....kinda weird to outnumber the home team fans, and weirder still to not hear Boomer Sooner during a game

2 - we are a street ball team......there is absolutely no leadership.....late in the game with like a minute left, we go down to shoot some free throws and the coaches are having to tell the team they need to huddle up before the shot.....thats not good

3 - i really like austin johnson when he dribbles and passes, he's very smooth....i dont like him so much when he shoots the 3......he barely got it to the rim....inside 15 feet, great, outside, not so great

4 - i dont care for when Everett is at the point, he's rather sloppy and careless with the ball and was just extremely lackadaisical (sp?).....see my previous comment about "streetball"

5 - bob barry looked dead from where i was sitting but i saw his mouth moving so i know he wasnt

6 - nate carter really doesnt impress me much....i do like neal though, and i really wish we could see Griffin get a bunch more minutes

7 - defensively we are pretty damn good.....

8 - offensively, no rhythm whatsoever, no flow to the game, the new guys standing around alot

9 - i met 1TC at halftime, and he says "stanley and the others are supposed to be here but i dont know where they are sitting"......he tells me there's an empty seat next to him, so i agree to sit with my new buddy....we walk up and there is CVS and Stanley sitting RIGHT BEHIND where 1TC's seat was, 2 rows back.......funny

10 - if we dont find some game soon, conference play will be brutal, we arent as good as our ranking

1 - I liked Moody. It was old school. Reminded me a lot of Allen FH and G/I Arena pre expansion. Even had an old time scoreboard.

2 - I think a good streetball team would beat us right now.

3 - AJ couldn't even find a wide open Taj and took a five second count and this is after the coaches are reminding him he can run the baseline coming out of a time out. His feet were rooted to the ground.

4 - As far a Everett goes he had more fouls then points. Enough said.

5 - Mr Ed couldn't really talk but his lips moved so that doesn't mean a thing.

6 - I agree.

7 - Defensively we are pretty darn okay. I think SMU made us look way better then we played.

8 - See my picture in this thread of our offense standing around.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58280

9 - Saw a lot of Sooner fans but no one I knew other then the ones I went with.

10 - AMEN!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Atleast we played good defense for an entire game.

let me clarify my streetball team comment.....they look like 5 individuals out there.......not much teamwork at all

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Worst.
    Game.
    Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

let me clarify my streetball team comment.....they look like 5 individuals out there.......not much teamwork at all
    i knew what you meant, i was just being snarky.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Very small. The strobe light thing was very annoying. Anyone else see this? Four flashing lights like for a camera in the four corners of the arena.

Game was horrid. 50-47. I can't believe we got to 50. But, we got the W and got out of there.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Hung half a hundred, baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    Very small. The strobe light thing was very annoying. Anyone else see this? Four flashing lights like for a camera in the four corners of the arena.

Game was horrid. 50-47. I can't believe we got to 50. But, we got the W and got out of there.
    the last time i was in moody, was in 81 when my high school had the grad ceremony there.....1800 graduates all on the floor.....it looked bigger back then

now i know why there'll never be a game on tv from that place!

if highland park is so "well to do".....spend some of that money widening mockingbird road dammit.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Will there be more points scored in the Rose Bowl?
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Yep, that sounds like the Kelvin offense we all know and love.

vCash

the last time i was in moody, was in 81 when my high school had the grad ceremony there.....1800 graduates all on the floor.....it looked bigger back then
    Heh. My H.S. graduation was the last time I was in there. Hasn't changed a bit. Not quite '81, but still a long-*** time ago.

now i know why there'll never be a game on tv from that place!

if highland park is so "well to do".....spend some of that money widening mockingbird road dammit.....
    I was going to warn you about that. I seriously doubt the property owners will let the city cut into their million dollar properties.
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

i've been down mockingbird, i just always forget its 2 lanes, with traffic lights every 20 feet

its a pick your poison type deal when you're going to that part of town, i took the tollroad because i knew going over to 75 would really slow me down

parking was fun last nite....

vCash

i've been down mockingbird, i just always forget its 2 lanes, with traffic lights every 20 feet
    And there's always someone turning left at every street. Fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    And there's always someone turning left at every street. Fun stuff!

YES!!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

I've never sat through a college basketball game as bad as the one last night.

Kelvin's offenses are getting worse. A LOT worse.

vCash

Why do we only run plays to the post after timeouts?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    Why do we only run plays to the post after timeouts?
    Because none of our guards can score consistantly.