Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Will you guys be appreciably better in '06

Let me preface this by saying that I don't pay enough attention to OU to know so that is why I'm asking.

I've read a number of posts since our game against you that have said you didn't think that OU return to dominant form until '07. Is that true?

The Big 12 is taking major heat nationally because several of its premier programs (primarily you) are not having season's commenserate with their potential.

Will you be back to being OU in '06?

Hook'em

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Will you guys be appreciably better in '06

Quote Originally Posted by TJKDone
    Let me preface this by saying that I don't pay enough attention to OU to know so that is why I'm asking.

I've read a number of posts since our game against you that have said you didn't think that OU return to dominant form until '07. Is that true?

The Big 12 is taking major heat nationally because several of its premier programs (primarily you) are not having season's commenserate with their potential.

Hook'em

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Okieflyer's Avatar
    vCash

Yes!

And we will be back.
    When Texas or OU aren't good, the Big Twelve sucks!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blues1's Avatar
    vCash

Hook'em

My guitar is still in tune......

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    At the registration page taking my new name Readyfor9
    vCash

Hook'em

Who says we are not "having season's commenserate with their potential?" We are on a rebuilding year, and everyone knew it going in that we were overrated. Many of us hoped we were wrong but that doesn't make it any less true.

If anyone has not lived up to thier potential over the last 6 years, it's Texas. You have choked every year, and can't seem to get it done even with your 5 repeat recruiting national championships. Go out and prove me wrong, but I think you losers are going to fall on your face the same way you have for the last 30+ years.

OU never went anywhere, we are just reloading. Poke your head out so we can unload on you embarassments again.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

ReadyFor8...hope we do prove you wrong.

IMO, while you may have played to your current players potential, OU shouldn't struggle talent wise in the way that they have this year even with some key injuries. This season's results aren't up to OU's considerable bar. I read that there were MAJOR attrition issues in one of your recruiting classes (like 10-12 guys have left) and that has really hurt your depth and ability to weather injuries more gracefully. If that is true that is the same type of impact a program feels when put on a stiff probation with scholarship limitations.

I would much rather have you not beating us but winning 10 or 11 games and being in a BCS bowl. That is just the way I roll.

Hook'em

vCash

Does being in the MNC hunt ring a bell ?
    Oh i forgot ur a an wouldnt Know about that .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

When our defense starts knockin the crap out of people like the old days, and we block, we'll be back

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Brent needs defensive help... offense coming along, but yes, I think we'll be back soon...

At the registration page taking my new name Readyfor9
    vCash

ReadyFor8...hope we do prove you wrong.

IMO, while you may have played to your current players potential, OU shouldn't struggle talent wise in the way that they have this year even with some key injuries. This season's results aren't up to OU's considerable bar. I read that there were MAJOR attrition issues in one of your recruiting classes (like 10-12 guys have left) and that has really hurt your depth and ability to weather injuries more gracefully. If that is true that is the same type of impact a program feels when put on a stiff probation with scholarship limitations.

I would much rather have you not beating us but winning 10 or 11 games and being in a BCS bowl. That is just the way I roll.

Hook'em
    I would much rather you get off our message board, but we don't always get the things we want. This is the way things are when you have had 6 year seniors at key positions.

This is the first year you have even come close to living up to the expectations of the rest of the BigXII. Don't preach at us because we lost 3 games, and had one stolen.

We are young, you will be back in the woodshed soon enough. I promise.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Funny how the Big XII is considered to be "down" when OU isn't up to par with recent success.

I guess that should tell you something.

Appreciably better?

If kicking your team's *** all over the Cotton Bowl next October qualifies as appreciably better, then yes, we'll be appreciably better.

Not to sure Brent needs help....defense seemed to be coming along just fine toward the end of the year, but I mean I will make further judgement on this after how they play after the Bowl.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

i'm going to go with no until someone proves to me we have an offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    Does being in the MNC hunt ring a bell ?
    Oh i forgot ur a an wouldnt Know about that .
    Hate to break it to you but aren't the in the MNC hunt right now?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TripleOption14's Avatar
    vCash

The game tonight should be a pretty good indication of what next year holds. (somewhat) I really think that 07 will be better but 08 is the year to be the old OU again. the secondary is gonna be a HUGE concern.
    Hard work will defeat talent everytime talent doesn't work hard!!

vCash

Don't worry, we'll take care of business again next October, then you'll feel all is right with the world once more.

Even the talking heads knew this was a rebuilding year for OU, and stated this was Mack's best chance this decade to beat us. Next year, it will all be stabilized again, so don't worry too much.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Triple...the secondary can be hidden somewhat (see OU '04). What about the D & O lines?

Hook'em

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

Triple...the secondary can be hidden somewhat (see OU '04). What about the D & O lines?

Hook'em

D line will be good next season. O line....Who knows, I guess we will have to see

SoonerFans.com Elite Member instigator's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75
    Heh