Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

This is an absolute embarassment.

This team plays with no god damn discipline whatsoever and doesn't even to seem like playing basketball.

We're flat-out ****ty.

I'm mystified, because I really thought coming in we had a very good team.

Un ****ing believable.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is an absolute embarassment.

So I don't even wanna watch?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Hot potato, hot potato

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

There's my typical overreaction at some pretty sloppy play. Didn't realize we had a couple of players out with injuries.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

This is an absolute embarassment.
    Nickzepp, is that you?

Oh waite, that's only in football.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Taj & Bookout are one of the best inside duos we've ever had...they play with skill and desire.

However, we don't have guards who can get them the ball consistently, and who aren't playing with any defensive intensity at all.

Of course, nobody else in the conference is worth a darn either, so the schedule will be VERY forgiving of our learning curve.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish
    Taj & Bookout are one of the best inside duos we've ever had...they play with skill and desire.

However, we don't have guards who can get them the ball consistently, and who aren't playing with any defensive intensity at all.

Of course, nobody else in the conference is worth a darn either, so the schedule will be VERY forgiving of our learning curve.
    agree. our guard play is terrible. our O has us catching the ball moving AWAY from the basket alot....i don't understand that. we often don't get the ball inside the free throw line until there are 10 seconds left on the shot clock. we don't "attack" on offense, we look confused a lot of the time.

we will lose some conference games on the road. this can still be a sweet 16 type team....but we look confused. the West Virginia game....we go up 11-2 or whatever. Beeline (however spelled) calls TO, and we got outscored by at least 17 the rest of the half. and Taj has 27 points with 11 minutes to play we cut it to 5 after being down 11 or 12 (crowd is kind of into it, for once)....he finishes with 29. WVU has no one who can guard him. we get some stops on D. and we are BLOWN out in the last 11 minutes.

Kelvin says in the DO it doesn't say Taj on the front on the uniforms--that's good and great, but maybe it should have.

and the officiating was terrible. there were a lot of "calls" that made no sense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Here is a picture of our offense moving without the ball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

well, that explains some of the out of bounds plays then. he's trying to get anyone to step up down the stretch. the problem is that these guys are very talented, they just play with absolutely no intensity. the biggest issue on the offensive end is the spacing. our forwards do absolutely nothing to get position on the low block. they seem to prefer to catch it 4 feet out from the block. this would be great if we ran a cutter through the lane, but we are basically a 3 out 2 in offense so all it does is destroy the spacing on the floor. it also cuts off almost all of our passing angles because its too far to throw a diagonal pass.

on defense, we have got to stop gambling so much at the point. they are just absolutely owning everett waiting for him to jump out of position giving his man a numbers advantage towards the paint. the other item i see is that carter seems to be the only guy that understands the concept of "blocking out". if someone gets in front of someone they just let them stand there for 16 tips in a row. dude, put a body on them after the tip attempt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Chucc must go.

Wait.
    “When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is about the end of any nation." --Adrian Rogers

vCash

for the record, except for our bad out of bounds plays, i don't think this is a coaching issue.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    well, that explains some of the out of bounds plays then. he's trying to get anyone to step up down the stretch. the problem is that these guys are very talented, they just play with absolutely no intensity. the biggest issue on the offensive end is the spacing. our forwards do absolutely nothing to get position on the low block. they seem to prefer to catch it 4 feet out from the block. this would be great if we ran a cutter through the lane, but we are basically a 3 out 2 in offense so all it does is destroy the spacing on the floor. it also cuts off almost all of our passing angles because its too far to throw a diagonal pass.

on defense, we have got to stop gambling so much at the point. they are just absolutely owning everett waiting for him to jump out of position giving his man a numbers advantage towards the paint. the other item i see is that carter seems to be the only guy that understands the concept of "blocking out". if someone gets in front of someone they just let them stand there for 16 tips in a row. dude, put a body on them after the tip attempt.
    yeah what he said, even though I don't know much about basketball x's and o's, from my general observer point of view jkm hit the nail on the head.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24

I couldn't agree more. Somebody get this team some real shoes- I'm sick of watching them run around in concrete blocks. Also, lets see if we can't start the play with more than 8 seconds on the shot clock.

Is it me or has this been a problem for years? I always feel that the other team's offense just seems to flow while ours is like watching a 15 year old learning how to drive a stick shift.
    "Always" and "never" are words that should always be used sparingly and never without forethought. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24

Sooner24 hit it on the head.

It's not too hard to guard somebody who's standing still.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

This team is playing like a NIT team right now and if they do not get some guard play that is where they are going to end up. Sampsons coaching has been below average at best. Against W.V. he is so stubborn about his man to man defense they shoot 13-14 inside 5 feet with 10 of those shots being layups. He finally makes an adjustment in the second half and goes to a zone and we get back in the game. I would rather have a team shoot threes and take my chances than give up layups all day. It has taken him to many games to get Godbold(A.K.A. nut stomp) off the court. He is horrible and Sampson should have been playing Carter and Griffin more. It reminds me of the Deitrick situation. He could have been the worst starter in Sampsons history. Jaison Williams brought a lot more than Deitrick, but sampson promised that guy a starting position because he redshirted the year before. Lets hope Godbold is on the bench to stay.

vCash

Gosh, I thought it was still December. We're not pretty and we were overhyped coming into the season, but we will get better.

"At first, then, exhibit the coyness of a maiden, until the enemy gives you an opening; afterwards emulate the rapidity of a running hare, and it will be too late for the enemy to oppose you."

This is typical Samson-ball. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape right now.
    "Charlie don't surf!"

vCash

that isn't entirely true. we normally have more passion on the defensive end than we have this year.

vCash

Aww, I dunno that anyone can quantify our "passion" on defense this season versus previous teams. It's not simply comparing the PA columns in the box score. I'm reserving judgment until February.

Anyway, I'm hurt you didn't acknowledge my Sun Tzu reference.
    "Charlie don't surf!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    This team plays with no god damn discipline whatsoever and doesn't even to seem like playing basketball.

We're flat-out ****ty.

I'm mystified, because I really thought coming in we had a very good team.

Un ****ing believable.
    A wise man once said "I hate basketball."