Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

If we get a defense

We'll win it all this year. We can't play bad defense though. Our offense is really good IMO. Probably the best Sampson has had overall.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: If we get a defense

We're barely beating crap teams and getting demolished by the only good teams we've played against. It's going to be a disapointing year.

vCash

If we play defense like this I agree. But we won't play defense like that. We aren't a very good defense right now. If we shoot like we did tonight against Oral Roberts we'll win that one by 20+ and we'll beat Bama by 15 or so.

Our defense just can't play this bad.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

you're a dreamer Nick.. Seems you used to have some good thoughts. What happened?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

I must've missed the part where anyone but Taj Gray shot very well at all.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

vCash

I think the problem on offense that first half was we weren't passing it well. But our offense did enough. We just didn't play any defense at all.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

object of basketball is to score more points than the other team, Kelvin sure makes John Cheney proud.

vCash

We've got a better offense now then we have most times under Sampson this early. But the defense is flat out bad right now. Kelvin will make sure that changes. That's for damn sure.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

See my post on the WVU game thread about how our season goes every year. We'll pull it together next month, then lose in in February for like 2 weeks, then find it again and get a good Big XII Tournament seed, then lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

In the words of the late Tupac, "That's just the way it is".
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

vCash

I think we've lost 2 times under Sampson in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney. We usually go real deep in the NCAA Tourney(Sweet 16, Elite 8, or F4) or we lose in the first round.
    Last edited by NickZeppelin; 12/22/2005 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    you're a dreamer Nick.. Seems you used to have some good thoughts. What happened?
    nick wouldn't know a good thought if it slapped him upside the head.

vCash

Our offense sucks.

We score points on raw talent alone and nothing else. Set plays? Cuts? Screens? Forget about it.

Just my opinion.

vCash

I don't disagree to much about the offense. It wasn't great. But it was good enough. I think it'll get better.

If you don't play defense your offense won't win games alone. Kelvin tried to find a lineup that worked on D. None really did. We didn't play good as a team on defense.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

I think Nick has a good point. We arent playing well offensvily right now, but we could be if our gaurds would step up their game. With all of our talent we should be playing 10x better. It will be fixed. Trust me.

We should also be playing alot better defense too. Kelvin will pull it together, don't worry guys. It is still very early. We were just really flat tonight.

We should also remember that there are alot of players on this team who are new to the program. Let's give them a little time. The season is far from over.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

We have some good INDIVIDUAL defensive players (Godbold, Gray, Bookout, TE, Carter), but we aren't good collectively. UT's going through the same problems. They all breed inconsistency. This means that we have good athletes, but they have yet to fully gel. I had this game as a loss before the season because I felt it was a trap and we didn't match up very well (like 'Nova). WVU is an example of a team who is made up of seniors who have stayed together and developed a effective system with an good coach.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

In the tourney we'll lose in whatever round happens to be against a team that can run a decent zone defense.