SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I would've never dreamed...

That Courtney Paris could be so good, exceeding all expectations, and yet our team struggle so much.

Why the stink can we all of a sudden not hit an outside shot? We're getting killed by MSU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I would've never dreamed...

I was just logging on to post similarly--this is the first game I've gotten to watch of them, and Courtney is an absolute monster. Plays very hard. Team isn't quitting, but going to have to make a run to get back in. 65-53 with 5:14 left in the game.
    “When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is about the end of any nation." --Adrian Rogers

vCash

Don't feel too bad about getting killed by MSU. Keep in mind they played for the National Championship last year...we creamed them but still.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

No help from the guards.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

I haven't seen them play yet, but everything I read points to poor backcourt play. We have a stellar backcourt coming in next year, and Tennessee's starting PG may be transferring to OU and would eligible for the second half of next season. If this happens...LOOK OUT!
    Last edited by boomersooner28; 12/22/2005 at 10:44 AM.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Like my Nebraska co-worker said, it's like the rest of the team is waiting for Courtney to do something and not making things happen on their own.

Well that, and Courtney needs to practice FTs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Well that, and Courtney needs to practice FTs.
    No kidding! She was awesome last night but she just catches it, dribbles once, and heaves it up there, just hoping it goes in. Made the loudest "Clang!" noise.

She is amazing though. Can't wait to watch her get even better.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Junior Guard Erin Higgins
    On team’s shooting:
    “We don’t make baskets when we need to and when Courtney is not in the game. We need to spend a lot more time shooting and working on shooting in these situations. We’re going to need to get this thing figured out over the Christmas break.”

On missed shots:
    “Shooting poor goes hand-in-hand with the rest of the game. When we shoot the ball poorly it affects everything, defense, and loose balls. We need to be tough enough mentally to get a quality open shot. And when were in a slump we need to be able to get a stop.”
    i think this is part of the problem. shooting comes and goes, hustle and defense shouldn't have an off night. leah rush has got to step it up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

I hate redshirting basketball kids but if there was ever a great candidate it would be Ashley Paris. Courtney is a little bigger than Ashley but is light years ahead of her in footwork, strength and vision. We had way too many opportunities to go ahead early in the game where we couldn't make a layup.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Courtney can't win a game all by herself............ Everyone else need to step up, especially the guard

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Your center has 21 rebounds, and your team gets out-rebounded???

Higgins and Rush should have been charged full price for front row seats, as they were spectating, not playing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

It's tough for a team to gel this quickly after completely shifting their style of play. There's a really delicate balance between when you should be getting the ball down low and when your guards should take control, and our PGs are just hideous at managing the game. How often did they set up a play? Compare that to the number of times they immediately made a bad pass.

That, right there, is why we lost. CP was amazing, I've never seen a player dominate like that. The kid for MSU was great, but I've never seen anything like CP.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Okieflyer's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
    No help from the guards.

You got that right. Maybe we need ugly dike looking guards.

Thumbs up Re: I would've never dreamed...

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28
    I haven't seen them play yet, but everything I read points to poor backcourt play. We have a stellar backcourt coming in next year, and Tennessee's starting PG may be transferring to OU and would eligible for the second half of next season. If this happens...LOOK OUT!
    1. The Tennessee PG may be transferring here. She's still not sure (as of Wednesday) and still had to come meet with Sherri and the team, but then again her stepdad made it sound like she was pretty sure this is where she wants to be

2. She'll have to sit out a year if she does transfer. She'll be able to play in the fall (when this year's awesome class gets in!) and will have about 2 and 1/2 years left.

The Brittany/Kendra combo has done a nice job, but we need a more consistent scoring guard who can dish out the assists or drive to the basket or hit a mid-range jumper, etc. I can't wait to add her to this team!! I LOVE the girls we have right now, and I hate that some of them will gradually be pushed out by the incoming players, but we are going to be SO GOOD in the coming years!!