Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Devils and Horns

A rare #1 vs. #2 early season matchup. I can remember two (UNLV-Arkansas in '91 and Kentucky-UMass in '96) that foreshadowed major runs in March. I'm interested to see if Texas' guardplay can improve. The frontcourt matchups should be a knock down drag out. Given its in East Rutherford and Reddick is back for what seems to be his seventh eigth year, I'll give the edge to the Devils.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Devils and Horns

who cares about texas teams?

vCash

obviously no one on this site

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    A rare #1 vs. #2 early season matchup. I can remember two (UNLV-Arkansas in '91 and Kentucky-UMass in '96) that foreshadowed major runs in March. I'm interested to see if Texas' guardplay can improve. The frontcourt matchups should be a knock down drag out. Given its in East Rutherford and Reddick is back for what seems to be his seventh eigth year, I'll give the edge to the Devils.
    When broken down, I think Texas has the overall advantage in this game.

That said, Texas' guardplay has obviously struggled and so has the ball handling. We're going to see Duke press a LOT tomorrow and that could kill Texas.

This is going to be a great game.

vCash

Really ATX? I'm suprised that you'd think Tejas will pull it out It just seems that ER is like Duke's home away from Cameron and they seem to get all the calls when they play up there. That and they usually put the best talent on the floor. It should be a good game, either way I like primetime early season matchups. This matchup will benefit both teams come March.

vCash

Really ATX? I'm suprised that you'd think Tejas will pull it out It just seems that ER is like Duke's home away from Cameron and they seem to get all the calls when they play up there. That and they usually put the best talent on the floor. It should be a good game, either way I like primetime early season matchups. This matchup will benefit both teams come March.
    That's definitely another worry in the refs and home crowd.

But I think that Texas has more talent than Duke has healthy right now. Duke is going 6 deep. The good news for Texas is that they won't be able to press like crazy all game long with that lack of depth.

The way I think of it, Duke is basically starting two freshmen who have been pretty ineffective so far this season. McRoberts shouldn't be too much of a factor in the game so that leaves basically Shelden Williams up against Aldridge and Buckman. I think Aldridge and Williams are pretty much equal right now...so you have to give the frontcourt advantage to Texas.

Duke is playing extremely small right now with three guys on the court who are 6'1, 6'2, 6'4. The 6'4 is Redick. Who's going to guard P.J. Tucker? Dockery? BIG time mismatch here. Big advantage Texas.

Backcourt is where Duke has the advantage. Texas has had some pretty poor perimeter D the last couple of years and Redick could really burn them badly. But Gibson is obviously a better PG than Paulus is right now. Duke with the advantage here.

Texas is going to have to play their best game of the season, but I would have to say that I'm fairly confident about this game. IMO, the team has improved quite a bit (especially Daniel Gibson) ever since the Guardian's Classic.

Of course, I could just be a homer and Duke could beat us by 20 tomorrow.

vCash

How do you see the Buckman-Sheldon matchup playing out?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTXHorn
    McRoberts shouldn't be too much of a factor in the game so that leaves basically Shelden Williams up against Aldridge and Buckman. I think Aldridge and Williams are pretty much equal right now...so you have to give the frontcourt advantage to Texas.
    gotcha

vCash

How do you see the Buckman-Sheldon matchup playing out?
    Double-teams. I didn't catch the Duke/Indiana game, but I would assume Texas will be doing whatever Indiana did to shut down Williams.

Offensively, Buckman needs to finish inside tomorrow. He's missed way too many close shots this year.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

i just now found this... i thought you'd find it funny:

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Texas doesn't have anyone who can guard S. Williams one-one--but, like most of Barnes teams they do have a lot of bodies/fouls to give to throw at you in the post. should be a good game.

i read on another board that UT will be wearing all-black unis.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    Yep. And they're going to suck. At least it's probably only for one game.

Go Nike!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    Nike and their 'pro revolution' silliness. I know we're a 'member institution' or something like that, so whether or not we have a gray ou uniform or something oddball like that is yet to be seen.

vCash

i wouldn't be too thrilled if OU did it. especially, since OU and UT are teams very much identified with a particular color--seems more than some others.

i'd rather see my team wear THAT color on the national stage. Tech's all blacks look like they were designed by Himmler or Speer....they have a real Nazi look to them with the red trim and white GIGANTIC lettering. ick.

CU's all blacks are OK, though.

obviously no one on this site
    Hell, Id be happy if anyone cared about Sooner Hoops on this site.

Its sad that we have one of the top teams in the country, and more people would like to talk about Barnett getting fired, or why Vince Young said something stupid about the Heisman.
    From the rainy rainy gulf coast of florida.

vCash

Aldridge looking good. at 18:48 Redick leans his knee into UT player on teh sideline, UT player trips and loses ball out of bounds. no foul.

quick points by Duke. 10-6

vCash

Horns need to hang in there to close out the half, or it could get ugly. How you sf horns liking this "neutral court"?

vCash

Josh McRoberts throws it "down" with "authority".

good player, weak dunk.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

is texas that bad... or is duke that good. seems to me that duke is pretty awesome.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

vCash

Wow, this turned into a complete *** whupin by Duke.

Must be the uni's.