Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Angry Official Dallas Stars thread

and, after much consideration, much debate, Mike Modano is back. He is a force to be reckoned with on the power play once again. He is doing everything right. And I am only dissapointed that Jussi is not on his line right now.

vCash

Re: Official Dallas Stars thread

Almost forgot...

the hot chick sitting next to me last night made me bleed.

When Jussi scored on the shootout, her hand nailed my face and her fingernails took out a chunk of skin on the forehead.

All was forgiven when I noticed her hotness again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Strange game the other night.

Dallas goes up 3-0 in the first only to see Florida tie it back up in the second.

Then the Stars get a boat load of power plays in the third and do nothing with them...

Until they score with 15 seconds left in the game to win handing the Panthers their 10th straight loss.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

that was strange... Boucher missing was a problem.

Good to see he will be back soon.

vCash

Awesome win against the Leaf on Sat. night!

vCash

okay, its time to get your head ready for the playoffs, and ready to bring Lord Stanleys Cup to Dallas.

quick hits:

- Zubov took a cheap shot last night, and limped off the ice, and did not return. We will certainly see retaliation for this on Fri. night when we face the ducks again. BUT, I hope that Zubov is okay, since there has not been any word from the Stars about his injury.

- Guerin will probably be back next week, but who has noticed? Stu Barnes has been a great addition to the 2nd line. If I was Tippett I wouldn't mess with it. But Guerin is making $7M to score goals, so he will be pressured to put him back on that line.

- Tippett and crew were extended through '08, good move by Armstrong and Hicks

- Modano is getting hot at the greatest time. 72 points, 24 +/- leads the team. And Arnott is hitting his stride at the right time also (69 points)

And is this where I can make fun of the Maple Leafs for their HORRIBLE off-season moves that put them OUT of the playoffs?

can we get past detroit?

hell can we get past the Kings?

vCash

LA is done. Roenick broke his ankle, and the whole team gave up on their coach, so they have a new one now.

Detroit = spurs IMO, just kinda cruising along, not really giving a flip. They may or may not be able to turn it on in the playoffs. I don't think they will get past nashville if they face them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    - Zubov took a cheap shot last night, and limped off the ice, and did not return. We will certainly see retaliation for this on Fri. night when we face the ducks again. BUT, I hope that Zubov is okay, since there has not been any word from the Stars about his injury.
    Was this the one where he got a stick to the face in front of a ref with no whistle? that ****ed me off.

Also, I think Arnott playing hot is a key for us in the playoffs.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    Was this the one where he got a stick to the face in front of a ref with no whistle? that ****ed me off.

Also, I think Arnott playing hot is a key for us in the playoffs.
    yep that play. I emailed Heika, and he said Zubov was ok. Shouldn't miss any games.

RIGHT NOW, we would play Anaheim in the 1st round, but I bet that changes to Edmonton or Vancouver by the end of the season.

And Mitchell is the best trade deadline move of ANY team, IMO.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    yep that play. I emailed Heika, and he said Zubov was ok. Shouldn't miss any games.

RIGHT NOW, we would play Anaheim in the 1st round, but I bet that changes to Edmonton or Vancouver by the end of the season.

And Mitchell is the best trade deadline move of ANY team, IMO.
    Predators getting Brendan Witt was the best move
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

I'm going to my first reagular season game on April 15th. Can't wait. Been watching on TV all these years, and never made it.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    I'm going to my first reagular season game on April 15th. Can't wait. Been watching on TV all these years, and never made it.
    slacker

then again I haven't been to a game since 96
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

In the hills and trees west of Tulseytown.
    vCash

Moving Modano to the point on the power play has worked wonders in the last few weeks. I also have to wonder if he's a little fired up after the Olympics flop and is pushing to prove he's still the force to be reckoned with like he was in '99.

Ought to be interesting for the last three weeks - most of the games are in the division, especially vs. Anaheim, LA and Phoenix.

The teams that scare me in the playoffs are Anaheim (playing well), Edmonton (I still have nightmares about Ryan Smyth's series winner in 1997) and San Jose (add Thornton for an instant winner.)

I still can't believe it's almost time to start counting your wins in fours again.

Williesan
    OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL - THE HOME OF CHAMPIONS!
    BIG XII CHAMPIONS: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000
    (We could claim more, but we're not 'Bama!)

vCash

Giguere still ****es me off. The NHL needs to crack down on the jerseys that are 6 sizes to BIG for a goalie. He is still trying to pull that crap.

Sooner Benchwarmer WisconsinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

11/4/2005 by mrowl "BTW, Dave Tippet won't see another Stars home game after tonight..."

Since you threatened a hit on Tippet mrowl the Stars have really picked it up. Congrats.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinSooner
    11/4/2005 by mrowl "BTW, Dave Tippet won't see another Stars home game after tonight..."

Since you threatened a hit on Tippet mrowl the Stars have really picked it up. Congrats.
    thank god I was wrong. Tippett realized he better light them up, and it worked.

mrowl said last season he'd never watch another ranger game, or something like that

vCash

Talking Re: Official Dallas Stars thread

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    mrowl said last season he'd never watch another ranger game, or something like that
    call me when the walking golf shirt has been fired...
    http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=691

I am back!

vCash

I'm gonna be switching avatars lioke crazy between the mavs and stars coming late april.