Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Screenshot, anyone? Help a brotha out!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm In Norman
    Wow. Any more of those?

Uh oh.....

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

I wish we had a clear shot of that before he stretched out so we could see if he was down.

Of course regardless, we shouldn't have let ourselves be put in that position.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Actually, if you look towards the top portion of the screen, you'll see the stick is actually about half a foot beyond where the yellow line is.

Which meant that they gave him a good 7 to 8 inches on the spot.

This is beginning to REALLY **** me off.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

I wish we had a clear shot of that before he stretched out so we could see if he was down.

Of course regardless, we shouldn't have let ourselves be put in that position.
    To a degree, I'll agree.

If our offense had come alive in the 2nd and third quarters, then it doesn't come down to this.

But OTOH, Tech had a 10 point lead in the 4th that we overcame for what should have been a win. So I'd be hard pressed to say the Red Raiders deserved to win this one as well.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Anybody have a screen shot of the TD where the guy ran out of bounds, then came back in and caught it and they called it a TD?

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    Actually, if you look towards the top portion of the screen, you'll see the stick is actually about half a foot beyond where the yellow line is.

Which meant that they gave him a good 7 to 8 inches on the spot.

This is beginning to REALLY **** me off.
    I'm embarrassed to ask this but ... is that the "official" stick? Don't they only depend on one of the sticks for the official 1st down mark? I've noticed that many a time the sticks aren't at the same place on both sides and I don't know which one is official.

And I'm not saying we didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying that it shouldn't come down to that. We shouldn't have allowed them to drive down the field when the game was on the line. Bad calls happen, but youhave to overcome them.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull
    Anybody have a screen shot of the TD where the guy ran out of bounds, then came back in and caught it and they called it a TD?

the_ouskull
    i have no screen shot, but I tivo-ed it and there is absolutely no question he was a good 2 or 3 yards out of bounds.

vCash

Moral of the story is...

Make sure the game doesn't come down to one or two calls if you possibly can.

Because if you don't, the refs may very well screw you in the end.

Like today.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 scotplum's Avatar
    vCash

I'm embarrassed to ask this but ... is that the "official" stick? Don't they only depend on one of the sticks for the official 1st down mark? I've noticed that many a time the sticks aren't at the same place on both sides and I don't know which one is official.

And I'm not saying we didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying that it shouldn't come down to that. We shouldn't have allowed them to drive down the field when the game was on the line. Bad calls happen, but youhave to overcome them.
    The stick that has the actual chains is the official measure. I couldn't tell you if that is the one or not. Tech made the first down "officially" by less than an inch.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull

the_ouskull
    Honestly, I can't find it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    i have no screen shot, but I tivo-ed it and there is absolutely no question he was a good 2 or 3 yards out of bounds.
    He was out of bounds, no doubt. But the question is whether or not the rule in college is the same is the NFL in that an offensive player cannot go out of bounds and be the first to touch the ball when he returns inbounds. Apparently, same thing happened in the OSU - Michigan game and there was no penalty there either.

The official at the game said that Olomua was forced out off bounds..since he was forced out the play stands. Had he ran out of bounds untrouched the pass would have been ruled incomplete.

While you guys are digging up screenshots.. does anyone have the shreenshot of the blatent OL holding on AD's late touchdown?

Didn't think so...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    ...screw you in the end.
    That's a pretty good description of what happened.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleWeed Timmy
    The official at the game said that Olomua was forced out off bounds..since he was forced out the play stands. Had he ran out of bounds untrouched the pass would have been ruled incomplete.

While you guys are digging up screenshots.. does anyone have the shreenshot of the blatent OL holding on AD's late touchdown?

Didn't think so...
    You're making up a lot of new words.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

OK Timmah. I'll type slowly so you can grasp this.

I have no idea if what you're saying is true. However, your team got away with a lot of uncalled holding too. And none of this even closely compares to the gimmes you had in the last minute.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Oh yeah - it was on the replay.

What if he was pushed out? I think he was pushed out.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

The ref wasn't looking.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Didn't think so...
    No, but I can make one of the false start that somehow went against the defense if you want.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

Didn't think so...
    Im assuming youre talking about Runnels's block, which looked a bit shady when I first saw it. On repeated viewings, he was in front of the player and his arm got caught a bit under the Tech player's arms once AD was 5 yards past them. A questionable holding call at best. I dont think you want to get into a dispute over holding calls with all the missed holding calls on Dvoracek all game

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

offensive line holds happen on nearly every play. I certainly saw your fat boy OL monster holding a couple of times, including once on a replay when the announcers were praising his play and he was clearly grabbing jersey on the OU DL.

Tech fans know in their heart that they were given a gift today.