Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

**2005-06 MLB Offseason Hot Stove**

Based on the suggestion from 04 earlier, here's a new thread to discuss moves, lack of moves, and rumors about moves during the baseball offseason. So far on the major front...

Matsui back with Yankees

Manny wants to be traded (again)

Mets deal Cameron to Padres for Nady (pending physical)

Yankees rumored to be interested in Brian Giles and Johnny Damon.

Suppossedly the Rangers may part with Kevin Mench and/or Soriano (I'd doubt the latter part) if they sign Rafael Furcal.

Twins allegedly looking at bringing in either Jim Thome or Mike Piazza if not both...and possibly trading Torii Hunter, with the Yankees being the primary suitor there.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Re: **2005-06 MLB Offseason Hot Stove**

AJ Burnett to Jays, 5 year deal? Jays will be tough with him added to the starters they have.

vCash

Jays are also suppossedly in a bidding war for BJ Ryan also.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    Jays are also suppossedly in a bidding war for BJ Ryan also.
    Man, I thought he was going to be a Yankee.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Based on the suggestion from 04 earlier, here's a new thread to discuss moves, lack of moves, and rumors about moves during the baseball offseason. So far on the major front...

Matsui back with Yankees

Manny wants to be traded (again)

Mets deal Cameron to Padres for Nady (pending physical)

Yankees rumored to be interested in Brian Giles and Johnny Damon.

Suppossedly the Rangers may part with Kevin Mench and/or Soriano (I'd doubt the latter part) if they sign Rafael Furcal.

Twins allegedly looking at bringing in either Jim Thome or Mike Piazza if not both...and possibly trading Torii Hunter, with the Yankees being the primary suitor there.
    I can't see the Rangers signing Furcal. Lot of baseball insiders have him pegged to go to the Cubs. I can see Soriano or Mench being traded.
    I also think the Reds are going to break up the outfield of Adam Dunn, Junior and Wily Mo Pena. One of those guys are going to be shipped somewhere.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Jon Daniels was on with Norm on the Ticket this morning. He said the feeling he gets from Burnett's people is that he's really impressed with Toronto in part because of pitching coach Brad Arnsberg.

Who, BTW, saved Nolan Ryan's 300th win.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

New/Updated stuff on 11/18.

Burnett to Jays considered almost a done deal with a 5/$50 offer. Baltimore, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Boston and St. Louis are still in the running right now though.

Sawx have made an offer to Johnny Damon.

Orioles and Mets both rumored to be heavily interested in Carlos Delgado

Sawx suppossedly have David Wells on the table, and he wants to go back out west.

Carl Pavano suppossedly wants out of New York.

White Sox may deal Aaron Rowand for the right price to bring in rookie Brian Anderson..one Rowand rumor has him going to the Yankees in a 3 team deal that may or may not involve the Angels and Jerrod Washburn.

Arizona and the Mets interested in Padres free agent Ramon Hernandez.

Mets still interested in trading for Manny Ramierez, but may end up scrapping those plans as long as Boston is unsettled in the front office.

and what may be the most interesting development...Ichiro is reported to want out of Seattle.

Dangd o man drinkin beer with Hank, Bill, and Dale man!
    vCash

On the Cubs front:

Cubs traded John Leicester to the Rangers for the famous "Player to be Named Later" Some say that this trade is going to lead to something bigger between the Cubs and Rangers. Maybe Mench?

Yesterday the Cubs signed Scott Eyre from the San Francisco Giants. Scott was supposibly the most talented Set up man on the market this year. Not a bad year but probably the best he will ever have.

Most think that Furcal is going to be a Cub. If this happens look for the Cubs to trade Todd Walker to pick up an outfielder to replace Burnitz.

I know as a Cub fan that I don't look for much to happen with this team!

vCash

yeah so far Cubs are the only ones to be anywhere near Furcal's demands (10-11 mil per year, 5 years). Padres might be dealing an outfielder provided Cameron passes his physical despite the fact that it's very likely that they may lose Giles.

Dunn is reportedly available from the Reds...for a high price.

Twins might be the most interesting...for a cash strapped franchise...rumors of bringing in any of Piazza, Thome, Frank Thomas, or Garciaparra if not more than one of them just seem somewhat odd...but if rumors of Torii Hunter being on the market are true, then one of those four might be in Minnesota next season.

vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

Cameron is now officially a Padre after passing the physical on his previously shattered face.

vCash

That brings up something interesting then 04. With the trading for Cameron.....the Pad's GM seems to think that he can likely get Brian Giles to re-sign with the Padres, you think they'll do a package deal including Dave Roberts to Boston for David Wells (if available)?

vCash

That brings up something interesting then 04. With the trading for Cameron.....the Pad's GM seems to think that he can likely get Brian Giles to re-sign with the Padres, you think they'll do a package deal including Dave Roberts to Boston for David Wells (if available)?
    Gawd I hate Dave Roberts.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Gawd I love Dave Roberts.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

I really don't see this happening. If the rangers are going to trade any big name players, it would be for an Adam Eaton type pitcher, something that they really need. Last year, Texas was at the top of almost every offensive category, but the pitching just didn't get it done.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner04's Avatar
    vCash

I have no idea what Giles will do. It seems to change every day.

Wells badly wants to come back to San Diego, but I'm not sure what it's going to take to get him. Hopefully it'll be Dave Roberts with a solid AAA prospect. Much more than that, and I'll get worried.

vCash

Ok..today's update.

Manny's list of teams to be traded to comes down to the Angels and Mariners...(perhaps a deal involving Ichiro?)

Marlins aren't done...Mets are the leaders in the race for Carlos Delgado. Juan Pierre and Paul Lo Duca are also rumored to be on the block.

And for you Ranger fans...the team is suppossedly putting in offers with Matt Morris and Paul Byrd, and may still deal Hank Blalock, but to the pitching rich Twins for Kyle Lohse and Scott Baker.

Yankees are suppossedly waiting to see if Brian Giles is going to go back to San Diego in terms of deciding if they are going to pursue him.

vCash

Sounds like the Delgado to Mets is pretty much a done deal.

One season later, Carlos Delgado is headed to the New York Mets.

The Mets reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday to acquire Delgado and $7 million from the Florida Marlins for first baseman Mike Jacobs and pitcher Yusmeiro Petit, a baseball official familiar with the talks said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal was not final.

vCash

Looks like the Cubs are close to aquiring Bobby Howry who had been with the Cleveland Indians last year.

"Howry, like Eyre a former White Sox pitcher, was 7-4 with a 2.47 ERA in 79 games for the Indians, and had a 0.99 ERA in the second half. He allowed only four homers and 16 walks in 73 innings. The two relievers would replace the departed Mike Remlinger and LaTroy Hawkins in setting up closer Ryan Dempster."

0.99 ERA in the second half of the season is pretty sick. Look for him to be signed, hopefully, by the weekend. I think that Hendry has done a good job so far in solidifying the bullpen. To bring in Scott Eyre and now Howry....our bullpen should be set. Now we need to focus on a CF..RF..and SS.

vCash

ESPNews is reporting that the Phillies and White Sox are dealing. The Phillies will send Jim Thome to the White Sox for CF Rowand. We will see if this happens.