Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

WNIT First Round: OU vs Milwaukee-Wisconsin

Man these Paris girls are huge! OU ahead by 30 with 8 minutes left.

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Re: WNIT First Round: OU vs Milwaukee-Wisconsin

OU - 89
    MLW - 57
    Final

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

some thoughts...

Courtney looked unstoppable and got out to a great start. She picked up two fouls early and sat a little bit but there was no stopping her for the most part. She just looked so natural out there playing. She broke the record for most points in a first game by a freshman previously held by Erin Higgins. I think she had 24 points, but could have gotten 40.

Ashley was very fluid and showed some great stuff at times. I think she will progress alot during the year and come on strong when we get into Big 12 play. I'm not sure their center completed any baskets other than the free throw line while Courtney or Ashley was defending her. They each both had a couple of nice blocks too.

Leah played very well and I think will mold into her new position. She is definitely a big leader of the team right now and she showed it. She had a good outside stroke going but didn't seem to take many shots.

Both Kendra Moore and Britney Brown played the point well but each got into a little foul trouble.

Erin Higgins and Chelsi Welch looked good... I think Chelsi is going to return to her old form from freshman year before she tore her ACL.

The surprise player of the night was Laura Andrews, scoring 11 points.

Beky Preston reminds me of Longar on the floor. She got into some foul trouble in limited minutes.

Overall we shot very well from 3 point range and rebounded well. There were a few things that need some work. UW-Milwaukee had about as many blocks as we did. When we have the ball in the paint we weren't always powering to the basket. Ashley got blocked once by a girl much smaller than her. But it's hard to believe she's just a freshman. As the season progresses she will get better and better. We also appeared kind of sluggish against the 2-3 zone at times.

There was a pretty decent crowd there. I'd guess about 3500 or so. Alot of the players from the men's team were there signing a few autographs. The football team was in the stands for most of the first half as well.

The opposing coach was an ogre. She got one T and probably deserved another.

vCash

Oh and Milwaukee had a girl on their team named Turquoise.

They also used the extended 3 pt line.

vCash

You mean you guys didn't lose to EA Sports and the Houston Jaguars like the Texas women did?

vCash

Eh... the Houston Jaguars beat a stacked UConn team a couple years ago in an exhibition when Diani Taurasi was a junior and the Huskies went on to win their 2nd national championship in a row.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruuuuuufus
    Eh... the Houston Jaguars beat a stacked UConn team a couple years ago in an exhibition when Diani Taurasi was a junior and the Huskies went on to win their 2nd national championship in a row.
    Guess it's not all that bad then. I had/have no clue who the heck the Houston Jaguars are.

vCash

I think they also have two seperate Houston Jaguars teams because the other night Baylor beat them like 115-50something.