Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

IHS Daily Basketball Preview- Terrell Everett

OVERALL:
    KS called him the MVP of the team that won the Big XII regular season last year. He's considered one of the best overall guards in the country, and is likely the most versatile guard in the country. One of the hardest match-ups on a versatile Sooner team.

STRENGTHS:
    1. Versatility: This seems like a broken record in describing this team, but Everett is just that. He can play all three perimeter positions. He can handle like a point, shoot like a 2, and drive like a 3. His statistics on assists and shooting prove this.
    2. Ball Handling: Unlike a lot of bigger guards, he can handle the ball better than some smaller guards. His assist/turnover ratio shows this.
    3. Length: His long arms allow for KS to play an even more aggressive M2M, or be 'long in the zone.' Watch for Everett to get even more steals this season.

WEAKNESSES:
    1. Defensive Position: As admitted by KS, he needs to improve this. A good example is the second half of the Duke game last year. In the first half, he shut down J.J. Redick by simple athleticism. In the second half, he seemed to drift and lost his position, and Redick, basically, won that game by himself in the 2nd half.
    2. Don't Force the Issue: See above game. In the second half, he took too many shots and felt as if he had to win the game himself. He must remember that has even more playmakers around him this year, and he shouldn't press to force plays.
    3. Continue to Improve 3-Point Shooting: He shot 36% last year, which is a good amount. I would like to see his percentage in the last half of the Big XII schedule. He was overshooting his threes early and to the mid point in the Big XII season. He almost didn't miss in the last part of the year last year. He needs to keep this up (along with Mike Neal's production and Nate Carter) in order to give room for Taj and Kevin to operate.

Former Sooner Comparison: Terrence Mullins
    NBA Comparison: Gary Payton

Tomorrow: David Godbold
    3. ;
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

Re: IHS Daily Basketball Preview- Terrell Everett

Good work. Thanks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

t-love? personally, i think your comparison should be corey brewer as a junior. they had very similar games.

vCash

Corey Brewer was my other choice for him, but I tried to compare size and game both.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

vCash

brewer's junior year game was get to the paint, pump fake and go to the line. he also had those long spider arms that would snag offensive rebounds. everett does have t-love's hang time and propensity to change his shot 46 times in the air before releasing it.

vCash

True point, I remember that now about T-Love. Cory Brewer might be a better comparison. A lot of these guys this year are unlike players in the past. That's why I made the comparison to generate discussion about the history of OU BBALL and gain perepective of just how good this team is....God, those Billy teams had some great nicknames:

Stacy "Sky" King
    Harvey "the General" Grant
    Dave "Sieg" Sieger
    Ricky "Amazing" Grace
    Darren "Mookie" Blaylock
    Terrence "T-Love" Mullins
    Mike "Helicopter" Bell

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm still trying to remember what Andre "The Creator" Wiley ever created.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

i thought he was hootie

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Hootie=Evan Wiley.

Andre played for Billy in 88 and 89.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Good analysis.My Sooner comparision would be John Mccullogh who like Everett could do everything drive,shoot,dish,rebound,and play tough D.Mullins was mure of a jumpshooter,weak on drive and ballhandling and typical of Tubbs players ,played little to no D.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Don't remember John McCullough.