Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Has anybody talked about the curtains on the tunnel?

That was weak. Do you think they'll fashion some sort of tunnel to get them from the locker toom to the sidelines at Kyle Field?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Has anybody talked about the curtains on the tunnel?

Since we finally lost to whorns for the first time this century, maybe Joe C. could whine a little to see what the Cotton Bowl will do for us. The "feel sorry for Mack" theme went overboard with the ramp screens. Sadly, this just adds fuel to the "move the game" movement since they are gradually taking away what makes this game great.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

I've got apic, I'll try to upload tomorrow...
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Herr Scholz's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe we should switch sides next year so our fans can dump cokes and spit on the Sooner team. You might be singing a different tune about the tunnel then. Just sayin'.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

It was gay and weak. I'm hoping some of the fans were still able to hurl their soda's over the top...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Scholz
    Maybe we should switch sides next year so our fans can dump cokes and spit on the Sooner team. You might be singing a different tune about the tunnel then. Just sayin'.
    Oh, I didn't know about the soda. That changes everything.

Hey, I know. Maybe we can put a curtain up in the stands on the 50 yard line too. And one behind the OU side of the Texas bench and the Texas side of the OU bench. How about curtains around each OU fan in the Texas side and each Texas fan in the OU side too?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I call bull**** on that one. I have been at the last 5 games and unlike most of you sorry-assed Texass fans I stayed until both teams left the field....even this year. I never once saw anyone pour a coke on a Texas player or spit on them.

I did see your gay-assed mascot walk around the entire OU section antagonizing Sooner fans with a sign about Stoops. Now if he had been taken out I wouldn't have been too displeased about that. BTW, why did security allow that but then feel the need to put the curtains up?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

that was so cheap. They even covered the fence on the south side of the tunnel so you can't see the locker rooms.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma
    I never once saw anyone pour a coke on a Texas player or spit on them.
    Well, our players say it happens every single year. No offense but I think they have a better vantage point than you.

Awesoministrator

vCash

It's funny that no one from Texas complained about the stadium seating arrangement until this year.

We get the tunnel, you get the filled-in end zone.

We've been doing this since, what? -- 1929?

vCash

The mascot was carrying a sign that said "Poop on Stoops." Apparently they had a contest at Austin Municipal Kindergarten to see who could come up with the catchiest sign. The sign was just slightly less classy than the pelvic thrusts the "Texas Fight" chest paint students were doing to their song.

One of the students who does the Oklahoma flag also told me that they were told not to pester any of the Texas players or they would be ejected from the game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

My HS coach coached at OSU for Pat and Bob Simmons and when they were at Michigan he said he went out before pregame and noticed a chickenwire cage above OSU's entrance to the field and thought WTF. Later when the team came out he said the Michigan fans were throwing nachos and hot dogs at them and damn near every aggy had nacho cheese on their uniform.

That didn't answer your question did it?
    one day

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg
    One of the students who does the Oklahoma flag also told me that they were told not to pester any of the Texas players or they would be ejected from the game.
    HAHAHAHAHA.

I hope Texas players aren't really intimidated by our flag team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller
    My HS coach coached at OSU for Pat and Bob Simmons and when they were at Michigan he said he went out before pregame and noticed a chickenwire cage above OSU's entrance to the field and thought WTF. Later when the team came out he said the Michigan fans were throwing nachos and hot dogs at them and damn near every aggy had nacho cheese on their uniform.

That didn't answer your question did it?
    Did the nacho cheese spell "Oklahoma State"? Cuz if so, that's just their colors.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    HAHAHAHAHA.

I hope Texas players aren't really intimidated by our flag team.
    Some of the meanest students I've ever met were in that service fraternity that does the flag.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Well, our players say it happens every single year. No offense but I think they have a better vantage point than you.
    Now, Herr my friend, we all know how texans tend to stretch the truth.
    posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    We get the tunnel, you get the filled-in end zone.
    No, actually, there's a small section in our endzone that you guys get every year to make up for your loss of seats where the tunnel is. That's to make sure the exact number of fans from each team are there.

And just because you guys have had an unfair advantage with the tunnel for decades doesn't mean it's fair and should stay that way. I believe Royal conceded the tunnel in the 70s if I'm not mistaken.

vCash

The guard member carrying the Texas flag was explicitly told not to do anything funny because Brian Britt received a message directly from David Boren voicing a concern over the matter.

Total. ****ing. Bull****.

vCash

No, actually, there's a small section in our endzone that you guys get every year to make up for your loss of seats where the tunnel is. That's to make sure the exact number of fans from each team are there.
    They'd add more to the noise making of the OU section if they were on our side though. I doubt they do a lot to distract Texas when Texas is in that end of the stadium. They could add to our efforts if they were in our end. Yes, I know, it's a minor detail, but there's no denying that it's more of an advantage to have all of your fans in your section than to have some of your fans in the other team's section. That's why some schools split up the opposing fans into small sections throughout the stadium instead of one or two large sections.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tanjou
    The guard member carrying the Texas flag was explicitly told not to do anything funny because Brian Britt received a message directly from David Boren voicing a concern over the matter.

Total. ****ing. Bull****.
    You mean like in the past when they hold the Texas flag to their pole?