Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

Be safe, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

Soon, Omaha will be the most populous city in the US.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Me thinks some of these people should head west. Hurricanes don't go west once they hit land. Albuquerque should be lookin' pretty sweet about now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Soon, Omaha will be the most populous city in the US.
    Gambling, Creighton basketball and the College World Series. IN!
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Radio said this morning the drive from Houston to Dallas is taking about 24 hours right now. Also said that 45 will be "north bound" only as of 9am today.

PG, tell Iggy's friend there is a place for her in Dallas. Much shorter drive.
    they just had a girl on the news via cell phone who had traveled 8 miles in 6.5 hours on the road outta there.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

My Sister in Law lives in an old crappy apartment in downtown Houston. She was going to leave early this morning, but decided she didn't want to deal with the traffic. My wife wants her to get out, like, NOW.

I sure hope opening those extra lanes helps out.

no idea what part of H town Beano lives in, but one of the girls here at work said that her parents, who live in Clearlake (south of town) left around midnite last nite, and are just to the Woodlands this morning.....
    thats probably around 60 miles total....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    no idea what part of H town Beano lives in, but one of the girls here at work said that her parents, who live in Clearlake (south of town) left around midnite last nite, and are just to the Woodlands this morning.....
    thats probably around 60 miles total....
    Beano lives in NW Houston. I would hope/think he is heading West.

Quote Originally Posted by DCSooner
    Beano lives in NW Houston. I would hope/think he is heading West.
    well i would have taken 290 towards austin....but from what i've been told, once you pick a route, you cant get off and go a different direction....they arent letting any of the people on 45 switch over to 10, and vice versa

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Well, my wife's aunts and uncles in Houston have decided to ride it out.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Woohoo!!! After talking for about 30 minutes with VPs from work on the phone, they said I could work from home. Doesn't take a genius to figure out I'd still be in the car waiting to get to work.

We're still going to ride it out down here, but the good news (for us) is it's turning more toward Beaumont (bad news for them).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Exactly JK, it is a mess. My wife and son are still in Liberty, which is now projected to see the eye pass over! It is about 45 miles north of Galveston. She is leaving early afternoon for Dallas and later Durant, Ok. Y'all keep them in your prayers please!
    "You learn so much from a loss like this," Ash said. "You learn what it takes to play at the level Oklahoma plays."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner n houston
    Exactly JK, it is a mess. My wife and son are still in Liberty, which is now projected to see the eye pass over! It is about 45 miles north of Galveston. She is leaving early afternoon for Dallas and later Durant, Ok. Y'all keep them in your prayers please!
    Definately will! Even though I'm not JK.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Pushing their cars?! Man, that is CRAY-ZAY!

Of course, during my last experience in Houston...it took about 6 hours to drive from north Houston to south Houston...so none of this is too surprising to me.

Ya know what else is crazy? Houston is as close to Atlanta as it is to El Paso and El Paso is as close to LA (I think...something like that) as it is to Houston.

Anyway, good luck to all the Houstoners...both the ones staying and the ones leaving.

the latest track has the storm coming across in the beaumont port arthur area...which is 90 miles east.....and they say that it may only be a Cat 3 when it comes across

hopefully everybody is able to return home safely as soon as possible

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by skycat
    My Sister in Law lives in an old crappy apartment in downtown Houston. She was going to leave early this morning, but decided she didn't want to deal with the traffic. My wife wants her to get out, like, NOW.

I sure hope opening those extra lanes helps out.
    Wait, you're a lesbian?!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps
    Wait, you're a lesbian?!
    You didn't have a shot anyway.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

It looks like all Houston might get is some rain and a stiff breeze. But, it's too soon to let our guard down.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Ugh.....I know alot of really nice people in the Beaumont area. Hopefully they are all alright.

vCash

I've got a couple of friends from Rice who are now staying with me until it's safe to go back.

Hope all of ya'll down there stay safe!