Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

DAYUM!

so a friend of Iggy's goes to Rice, which has shut down, and she was going to drive up to norman and stay at his place through sunday. She left earlier and was headed this way, but she turned around and is going to spend the night with her family near Houston and possibly evacuate with them tomorrow. Apparently in two hours she went about 15 miles.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

It's reportedly taking 10 hours just to get from Houston to Huntsville.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

how far apart are they? (I don't know texas)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ou4me's Avatar
    vCash

According to mapquest 70.58 miles. 10 hrs???

Administrator
    vCash

No kidding, get out if you can...this is massive.

Penquin, be safe my friend...I'll be praying for you that have to remain in Houston. Beano, I'll say a little prayer that you don't drive your wife to kill you in the car.

Seriously, please be careful all...we want you to all be around come next week.

Good luck!

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

More likely Iggy's female friend from Rice heard that you shoot large-caliber guns and decided that staying somewhere else was the better part of valor.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    More likely Iggy's female friend from Rice heard that you shoot large-caliber guns and decided that staying somewhere else was the better part of valor.
    LOL

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

My wife's relatives down in H-Town better get the f*** outta there, now!! One of her cousins was supposed to be here tonight, but opted to wait until payday because she wasn't sure if she had enough gas money to make it up here.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinSoonerRed
    Tell them the Disaster Recovery guy needs to take the back up tapes to high ground!
    Heck, half of our network guys are on a plane to NY to our "hotsite". I still don't know what I'm going to be doing there all day but taking notes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Have fun guys...I'm off to work. For all those that are in Houston... May God be with us as we spit in the eye of Rita!!!!!

BOOMER SOONER to all of you!

vCash

People are actually pushing their cars on the freeways this morning. They still keep up with traffic and don't use any gas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

seems like it would be a lot faster to head west, or southwest first, then take a northern route.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    seems like it would be a lot faster to head west, or southwest first, then take a northern route.
    Yeah, my Dad and the fam live in Memorial and are thinking of going towards SA then onward. I told him to head to El Paso.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Ah, El Paso city.....by the Rio Grandaheeee
    I taste terrific.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

oh come on, it's not every day you get to interject a little Marty Robbins into a thread.
    I taste terrific.

vCash

your avie is very hypnotic.......................................... .................................................. ..........................

vCash

holy crap... they are gonna make 45 all northbound from Houston to Buffalo, TX.... thats about 140 miles north!

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I would have taken whatever it is up to Collie Station and north from there.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Be safe Beano, Penguin, 12 and any other Houston-area folks I may have missed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Radio said this morning the drive from Houston to Dallas is taking about 24 hours right now. Also said that 45 will be "north bound" only as of 9am today.

PG, tell Iggy's friend there is a place for her in Dallas. Much shorter drive.