Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

Seriously.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

Your new avie?
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: This is more nervewracking than waiting around for kickoff of the Orange Bowl

Just be glad your not below sea level.

dude, get out of there.........you arent staying are you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

Did you see the traffic? It was like the Friday before Labor Day, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and Super Bowl gameday traffic combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I wish my Dad and family weren't staying!
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    Did you see the traffic? It was like the Friday before Labor Day, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and Super Bowl gameday traffic combined.
    I thought it was like that every day in Houston.

No joke, we walked down to I-10 around 7 and it was worse than I had ever seen it.

If we leave at all, we'll wait until tomorrow night/Friday morning

I think "nerve racking" is two words.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Run, Beano. RUN!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    No joke, we walked down to I-10 around 7 and it was worse than I had ever seen it.
    If we leave at all, we'll wait until tomorrow night/Friday morning
    You're lucky...I'm here for the duration. Our DR person is on vacation in Scotland right now, and I just got stuck with all of her duties. So my wife may be forced to sit through the storm by herself here at the house when I'm stuck at the office.

vCash

Get out of town, George. Seriously. It isn't worth hanging around.

You can sleep in my soon-to-be flooded garage for free. For $10, you can have the loft.

vCash

I'm with ya jr., except my wife is going to Lake Conroe to stay with friends. I only live 2 miles from my office so I will be able to walk home after the storm if I need to.

Based on the latest model I saw, College Station looks like it might get hit harder than Houston.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Beano, come join us refugees in NW OKC, we have planty of room and can scrounge a few more mattresses from the kinfolk. We can toast marshmallows in the fireplace and swap hurricane stories.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    Based on the latest model I saw, College Station looks like it might get hit harder than Houston.
    My experience is that meteorologists know more about weather patterns than models.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jrsooner
    You're lucky...I'm here for the duration. Our DR person is on vacation in Scotland right now, and I just got stuck with all of her duties. So my wife may be forced to sit through the storm by herself here at the house when I'm stuck at the office.
    Yep. I gotta work Friday evening, also. I am 98% sure that I'm going to be stuck there indefinitely. I'm not going to be able to leave until I'm relieved by the next shift (or any shift that will show up). Who knows when that will be? I'm going to bring a change of clothes, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodrant, etc.

I just hope windows don't start blowing out at the office!
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

Heh.

Our plan tomorrow is finish boarding up and siphon out the gas from the second car into containers so we can make a break for it later tomorrow if need be.

Don't worry about us, we won't do anything stupid. Except drive around the country side with a bunch of explosive liquid with us inside the car.

Yep. I gotta work Friday evening, also. I am 98% sure that I'm going to be stuck there indefinitely. I'm not going to be able to leave until I'm relieved by the next shift (or any shift that will show up). Who knows when that will be? I'm going to bring a change of clothes, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodrant, etc.

I just hope windows don't start blowing out at the office!
    For some reason, i thought all meterologists worked inside of concrete bunkers. I'm surprised they put windows in those things.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Remember not to drink and drive Beano.