Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I believe.

I believe that I am offended that Jed said nothing about my ribz.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed
    I believe that nearly every major NBA star will be making a stop in OKC this season. So even if the Hornets stink like they did last year, I believe that I'll get to see regular season performances by Shaq, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Carmello Anthony, Kobe, AI, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, Yao Ming, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd and about a hundred other names you'd recognize if I bothered to type them out.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Dude, how did you leave the best player in the NBA, Amare Stoudemire, off that list?

You're about to learn you some NBA this year.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

I believe seeing NBA players at Valley of the Dolls should be good entertainment as well.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I believe that Mavericks fans will comprise 70% of the crowd at the Ford Center on New Year's Eve.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

I believe that the OKC Hornets will have a MUCH HIGHER attendance avg. than last year (14,221)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

So our state tax dollars are guaranteed for this NBA team if it loses $, but the city of OKC gets to split the profits if it makes $? WTF is wrong with this picture?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

I believe you're right. I also believe that with ticket prices not too far removed from the Blazers', we'll be just fine for crappy games too.
    Yeah, the prices are great and I imagine we'll do okay for most of the crappy games. I imagine the people in charge will do promotional things for some of those crappier games just to put butts in the seats.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

I believe lots of people in T-town (and Wichita, and Amarillo, and all over the state of OK) will come to OKC for games, further helping attendance.
    After Rita wipes out Houston, maybe Tulsa can get the Rockets and we can have a serious NBA Turnpike rivalry.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

This is strictly a one season and sayonara thing. OKC could never support a team for the long term, mainly because the NBA sucks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    So our state tax dollars are guaranteed for this NBA team if it loses $, but the city of OKC gets to split the profits if it makes $? WTF is wrong with this picture?
    Tulsa is PWN3D!

We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

vCash

This is strictly a one season and sayonara thing. OKC could never support a team for the long term, mainly because the NBA sucks.
    I disagree... OKC will be able to provide a larger crowd than New Orleans has, or could in the future... they will make money.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    I disagree... OKC will be able to provide a larger crowd than New Orleans has, or could in the future... they will make money.
    Sure for one partial season, then the novelty wears off and the customers realize how pathetic and boring the NBA's product actually is, and go away.

vCash

I still don't think that OKC has the corp $ to keep a team long term.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Sure for one partial season, then the novelty wears off and the customers realize how pathetic and boring the NBA's product actually is, and go away.
    have you thought that some people like basketball? When I lived in OK, I thought that h.s. basketball was bigger than h.s. football, but I may have been wrong (personally, I hate basketball also)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    have you thought that some people like basketball? When I lived in OK, I thought that h.s. basketball was bigger than h.s. football, but I may have been wrong (personally, I hate basketball also)
    I like basketball, but I, and many others, don't like the NBA, that's my point.

vCash

College basketball marginally > NBA
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

I like basketball, but I, and many others, don't like the NBA, that's my point.
    ahh.... I see your point.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

I believe the camera adds 10 lbs to Jed.
    I taste terrific.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO
    Tulsa is PWN3D!

We got the 66'ers, so suck it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE
    I believe the camera adds 10 lbs to Jed.
    I believe I missed seeing him on TV