Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: I believe.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar Soonerov
    I believe BRJ almost knocked Kevin Bookout on his a55 last night.
    Can I have $10 on Bookout please?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

I believe I am sad the home season is over.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Born Sooner Bred
    I believe I am sad the home season is over.
    Won't they be in OKC from now on?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

At least next season. But I believe they will be our team no matter what Stern says.

Brewmaster

vCash

Ah b'leeve...

... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Won't they be in OKC from now on?
    Yes, but that's not the point. We have to wait until preseason for some good ol' Hornets bball. Time to study up on the NBA draft or sumpthin...

I believe it was nice to see a healthy contingent of South Ovarians at "THE HIVE" yesterday.

Brewmaster

vCash

Oh, and you would NOT believe how easy it is to find pics of SoonerBoarder on the inerweb.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

I believe you folks in Loud City can all kiss my ***.

Yacht Rocker

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    Oh, and you would NOT believe how easy it is to find pics of SoonerBoarder on the inerweb.
    So, if someone asks you to post them, you will get them done?

vCash

i believe some chick took my picture for some magazine when i was at the game the other night. i also believe monica and i were seen on the "big screen" dancing.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I believe that's called "Buzzvision."
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hurricane'bone's Avatar
    vCash

In today's duh moment:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who led all first-year players in points, assists, steals and other categories, will be named the NBA's Rookie of the Year.

Chris Paul
    Point Guard
    NO/Oklahoma City Hornets

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
    78 16.1 5.1 7.8 .430 .847

A person within the league told The Associated Press of Paul's award Monday on condition of anonymity because the official announcement was scheduled for Wednesday. Paul is scheduled to be in New Orleans that day for a team-related function.

Paul was drafted as the No. 4 overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft, and he quickly emerged as one of the Hornets' best players. Among rookies, he ranked first in points (16.1), assists (7.8), steals (2.2), double-doubles (21), minutes played (36.4) and triple doubles (2).

"I couldn't have asked for a better rookie season," Paul said after the Hornets' season ended in mid-April.

With Paul running the show, the Hornets improved from 18 wins last season to 38 this season and stayed in the playoff chase until the final week of the season. He joined Brevin Knight (1997-98) as the only NBA rookies ever to lead the league in steals, with 175.

The selection was hardly a surprise. Paul, who left Wake Forest after his sophomore season, won all six Rookie of the Month honors in the Western Conference and was the only unanimous selection to the NBA's All-Rookie Team last week. Others selected to that team by league head coaches were Toronto's Charlie Villanueva, Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut, Utah's Deron Williams and New York's Channing Frye.

In an interview with The Associated Press before word of Paul's selection came out, team owner George Shinn spoke about his rookie star without being prompted.

"I learned a long time ago that the difference in a good player and a great player is character, and Chris Paul is character right from the soles of his feet to the top of his head," Shinn said.

Paul will try out for the U.S. national team this summer and plans to hold basketball camps back home in North Carolina and in Oklahoma City. He also announced plans Monday for a "Winston-Salem Weekend" in North Carolina this September to benefit his charitable foundation, the CP3 Foundation.

"Winning the award wouldn't have been possible without my teammates," Paul told The Times-Picayune of New Orleans in a story posted on its Web site Monday. "Guys like David West and Speedy Claxton made things easier for me. I just tried to play the same way every game."
    oh and:

Shinn Says New Orlean's Lack Of Progress "Depressing"

vCash

I believe I will be at the Hive on Wednesday 'round noon.

I also believe the #12 and #15 picks will be nice contributors for the near future.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Even before Katrina hit in August, the Hornets averaged a league-low 14,221 fans in 2004-05 as the team went 18-64. When the team made the playoffs the year before, the Hornets average attendance was 14,332.

"If you look at our gross before and now our gross here from the arena standpoint is almost double what it was in New Orleans. As a matter of fact, it is double," Shinn said.

"From a pure business model, if I was just a cold-hearted businessman the decision would be pretty easy but I've got to make the decision based on my head and my heart. I really do. I think it's very important to use good judgment. And if the state's willing to protect us, make sure we don't get hit hard, I'll ride it out."

However, Shinn said he doesn't think that Louisiana should offer to write the Hornets a check to ensure their financial success.

"I don't think they should do that because to me there are more important things to get done than having a basketball team. I think they've got to get the families back first and then worry about a basketball team," Shinn said. "That's my opinion, but I'm not one of the politicians in Louisiana."
    The italics are mine, but if you read between the lines it is exactly what I've been saying; they are positioning this thing so that from a PR standpoint they can throw up their hands and say "well, we tried, but it just doesn't make sense right now."

I believe the Hornets aren't going anywhere.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

In other words, he's going to say, "we definitely want to come back, but we have to have economic guarantees that we don't go bankrupt for doing the right thing." The city and state can't afford to give money to an NBA team to stay, and NBA owners won't subsidize a million each per year for the foreseeable future, either. If the city or state did try to give money to the Hornets to stay, there would be a national outcry.

I seriously don't see any scenarios whereby they return to NOLA in the next five years. I believe that when the NBA returns to the Crescent City, it will be a team OTHER than the Hornets.
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hurricane'bone's Avatar
    vCash

I believe I wish I didn't have to buy a new computer so I could have bought a mini-season plan like I was planning.

vCash

I also believe there are certain people who are employed by the Hornets organization who have, lets just say a healthy amount of income, who want to make an investment and are downright giddy as to the ameneties of said investment in our fair state. I believe a larger investment is needed in NOLA for a return of comparable ameneties.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I believe George Shinn is screwed.
    Well, crap.

vCash

I believe the phrase 'poop or get off the pot' has come into play for Mr. Shinn

Administrator
    vCash

I believe I just had a Jed sighting.