Thread: Predictions!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Predictions!

Where will OU finish in the regular season Big 12 rankings, and how far will they advance in the NCAA Basketball tournament?
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Predictions!

I'll take 1st crack. Co-Big 12 Champs...OU, Texas, and Tech all 12-4. Big 12 Finals in the Tourney, loss to Texas. Get #2 seed in the NCAA tourney. National Champs. I truly believe this is the year KS gets it done.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonervegas
    I'll take 1st crack. Co-Big 12 Champs...OU, Texas, and Tech all 12-4. Big 12 Finals in the Tourney, loss to Texas. Get #2 seed in the NCAA tourney. National Champs. I truly believe this is the year KS gets it done.
    I agree with everything but losing to UT in the tourney finals and getting the NC.I think we can win the Big 12 outright but I am thinking a Sweet 16,Elite Eight finsh is likelier than the NC(hope I'm wrong).
    My reasoning on us winning the Big 12 is simple,we did it last year and have experience and talent returning.
    The other edge I would give us oddly enough is in recruiting.UT and osu in particular had great recruiting classes but they are made up of STARS,very seldom can you when with 5 stars in BB because there is only 1 ball.Kelvin on the other hand IMHO recruited parts to a whole ,in other words a team.That is my opinion for what its worth.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonervegas

I'm sorry but with Kansas losing Wayne Simien, Keith Langford and Aaron Miles I just don't see it as their year. Too many minutes of PT to replace to get it done this year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24
    I'm sorry but with Kansas losing Wayne Simien, Keith Langford and Aaron Miles I just don't see it as their year. Too many minutes of PT to replace to get it done this year.
    KS = Kelvin Sampson
    Frau Bleuker! <whinney>

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerborn03
    KS = Kelvin Sampson

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Start off without our early season struggles (Samford and Binghamton<Washington and Duke), beat Villanova, then lose a couple of inexplicable Big XII games (at Texas A&M and at Texas Tech). I think we sweep Aggy and the Whorns, finally win at KU, and wrap up our second consecutive Big XII regular season title, win the tournament, number 1 seed, and win the national championship, with lottery picks Terrell Everett and Taj Gray leading the way.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This is our year.

National Championship, Baby!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerJAM
    very seldom can you when with 5 stars in BB because there is only 1 ball.
    Yeah, UNC didn't have any big recruits on their team. Felton, May, McCants, and (Marvin) Williams were all 5-star recruits when they came out of high school.

That, and the logic doesn't make sense when Texas isn't bringing in any new big recruits. They haven't had problems with egos and being selfish with these guys in the past.

vCash

Oh yeah, and I think OU finishes #2 in the conference and makes it to the Sweet 16...possibly Elite 8. One of the two.