Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Fire Brian Britt

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    Well, the Sudler is now meaningless anyway - they changed the rules so you can't win it twice. Which means eventually every band will have one.
    That is pretty dumb. I mean, what'd be the sense in saying "alright, there's your football national championship. Now you're ineligible because Baylor has to win one someday."
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

TTT

Maybe we can start a petition signed by all you former band members?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, that's what we want--let's give him a hit list
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

Is he that violent?

I'm concerned for all the current members of the Pride!

vCash

Wink Re: Fire Brian Britt

Is it that hard to learn a new show for OU/TX?

The only thing this Britt fellow knows about pride involves rainbows.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

this thread should be a sticky....and a petition should be taken to every home game and have it signed by all in attendance.

Yacht Rocker

vCash

OK, stop playing St Elmo's Fire. Stop. It does not get you fired up. At all. Please stop.

Should we find John Parr and have him look into it somehow?

Please. Roland made a cool arrangement and it was cool in the late 80's. Let it go, man. Let it go.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

who is this brian britt fella? is he the guy that thinks small numbers and good sound make for a great football marching band?
    sounds like an idiot to me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    who is this brian britt fella? is he the guy that thinks small numbers and good sound make for a great football marching band?
    sounds like an idiot to me.
    Actually, the band's gotten quite a bit bigger with him in charge. 310-320 as opposed to 280 or so.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

Sooner All-World
    vCash

oh really.. they just sound smaller. gotcha

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    oh really.. they just sound smaller. gotcha
    well turning the band over to the woodwinds from the brass will do that to it

Sooner All-World
    vCash

ya know there is a great joke in there but i won't go there.. don't wanna offend brit brian.. or whatever his name is

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Don't fire MR. Britt

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminy Crimson
    Is he that violent?

I'm concerned for all the current members of the Pride!
    He is not violent, you should not be concerned, nor should any petitions be started. With a few exceptions (aHEM!) the Pride alumni that met last year (hundreds!) are all happy with the band program. A greater majority of the current band members are having fun and are happy.

As for me, I'm having more fun this year, and it's not just cuz I'm a senior. It's cuz we're having more fun... and having more stand tunes.

A greater majority of band members, both current and old who have had him as a director will agree - he's been a great director and I wouldn't mind him leading another 5 years.

vCash

Re: Don't fire MR. Britt

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    A greater majority of band members, both current and old who have had him as a dictator will agree - he's been a great dictator and I wouldn't mind him leading another 5 years.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

go ahead and call him what you want, he calls himself an "old guy" ... but like you kept in my quote, we don't want him to leave and he can stay another 5 years if he wants.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I'm an old Pride member and I don't like him. He has his little Nazi's follow around wearing ties and jackets and all...How gay! Most Pride alums are so intoxicated with the thought of the good ole days, they couldn't think of criticizing anything that has some resemblance to happy memories. This is not the old Pride and I don't think it is all that good. It seems too much like work now a days...IMO
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    go ahead and call him what you want, he calls himself an "old guy" ... but like you kept in my quote, we don't want him to leave and he can stay another 5 years if he wants.
    We're just having a little fun over here.

[NapD]Gosh![/NapD]

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    I'm an old Pride member and I don't like him. He has his little Nazi's follow around wearing ties and jackets and all...How gay! Most Pride alums are so intoxicated with the thought of the good ole days, they couldn't think of criticizing anything that has some resemblance to happy memories. This is not the old Pride and I don't think it is all that good. It seems too much like work now a days...IMO
    A lot of my friends that are still in the pride are quite displeased and will not return next year.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

the cuz the greater majority of you band members are tools and yes men cuz you wanna be like him.... you are little nerdy band geeks unlike the members of the old PRIDE who were just good musicians that could play louder and prouder than you weak lipped sissies today..
    so, do your lips hurt from playing a trumpet or Brits meathorn during the weekdays?

Brewmaster

vCash

dude, that's a bit harsh. If badger is enjoying the Pride more power to her. I usually try to keep what criticisms I have for the Pride on the level of "in my own musical opinion - which I consider just as valid as the directors' opinions - I think they're emphasizing the wrong things in rehearsals." I'm not always successful, but a lot of my ire goes toward the AD more than the band staff. Although the way they treated PrideTrombone for voicing his opinion was very unprofessional of them.
    ... that's not food.