Kelvin is a classy guy

I just wanted to come on here and tell you guys what a class act of a basketball coach you have in Kelvin Sampson. My brother is a student at Baylor (I am a class of '02 alum) and is in the Army Reserves. He was called up in April and is now in the Middle East. He called me from there the other day and told me about how he had a "day off" at his camp, and him and some other guys went to another camp to watch a basketball game that was being played between teams from two other U.S. camps in Kuwait. He also told me that each of the 8 teams (each of the 8 U.S. camps has a team) is being coached by a college coach or television analyst. He said that he got to meet, take pictures with, and talk basketball with Jay Bilas, Tom Izzo, and KELVIN SAMPSON. He said that he enjoyed talking with Sampson the most, and said that Kelvin was very complimentary toward him, seeing as how he saw my brother was wearing a Baylor Basketball t-shirt. They even talked about Baylor coach Scott Drew and his good recruiting classes over the last couple of seasons. My brother said he couldn't have come away more impressed with a coach, and in hearing that, I feel the same way. You guys have a quality guy leading your program. I am now an Oklahoma Basketball fan....when Baylor isn't playing them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Kelvin is a classy guy

Thanks for that.......great post!

He certainly is!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

True dat
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Does he mean Calvin Simpson

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

Kelvin is an awesome guy. I think we have a good chance to bring home a NC in the next 5 years the way our recruiting has been going.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKaye321
    I just wanted to come on here and tell you guys what a class act of a basketball coach you have in Kelvin Sampson. My brother is a student at Baylor (I am a class of '02 alum) and is in the Army Reserves. He was called up in April and is now in the Middle East. He called me from there the other day and told me about how he had a "day off" at his camp, and him and some other guys went to another camp to watch a basketball game that was being played between teams from two other U.S. camps in Kuwait. He also told me that each of the 8 teams (each of the 8 U.S. camps has a team) is being coached by a college coach or television analyst. He said that he got to meet, take pictures with, and talk basketball with Jay Bilas, Tom Izzo, and KELVIN SAMPSON. He said that he enjoyed talking with Sampson the most, and said that Kelvin was very complimentary toward him, seeing as how he saw my brother was wearing a Baylor Basketball t-shirt. They even talked about Baylor coach Scott Drew and his good recruiting classes over the last couple of seasons. My brother said he couldn't have come away more impressed with a coach, and in hearing that, I feel the same way. You guys have a quality guy leading your program. I am now an Oklahoma Basketball fan....when Baylor isn't playing them.

Tell your brother we love and absolutely appreciate what he's doing for us over there. Tell him to come home safely! I know he's over there making Baylor and this country proud!

God Bless him!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 scotplum's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    Tell your brother we love and absolutely appreciate what he's doing for us over there. Tell him to come home safely! I know he's over there making Baylor and this country proud!

God Bless him!
    I echo SicEm's sentiments. Thanks again for sharing!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers

my post count betrays me leavingthezoo's Avatar
    somewhere between normal and insane. NINSANE!
    vCash

great post! welcome to the board adam.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

As critical as I have been of Kelvin's coaching ability in the tourney I would definitely agree there is no way anyone could question his character! He was on the sports animal before he went on that trip and bragged over and over again how it would mean more to those going than to those already over there. He's a good guy.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I appreciate the post. Imagine if he got the athletes that duke and unc get every year. OU would be unstoppable.

The 06 class is good he should build on that
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

I hate it mid-season when OU loses a couple and the freaking idiotic know-nothings start hollering for Kelvin's job. Gosh.

vCash

Great post, tell your brother that everyone over here really appreciates what he is doing and give it up to his courage and that we would not be the country we are without him.
    Thank you from all of us!!!

Also, kelvin is the best coach that OU will ever have. anyone else that is as good a coach would have left OU with it being so football based. We are extremly lucky to have kelvin stay here when we dont start basketball season until january. He loves oklahoma and he loves OU and we should all thank our lucky stars that we have him.

plus when we win the NC #1 this year, everyone else will relize this.
    What are the only two words in the english dictionary that are better together than free beer?

TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

I think the Kelvin haters go away for good this year. Kelvin is going to bring home National Title #1 to Norman.