Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Beer

On old favorite.

FanInAma has been bringing Fat Tire to the tailgates and that stuff is pretty good. I had somebody pick me up some Fat Tire this weekend when they were in Texas and he said he liked it but not good enough to drink it regularly (which is pretty easy to say because I don't think you can get it in Oklahoma). Anyway, what do you guys think of Fat Tire and what are your favorites?

I'm thinking that Guinness is still my favorite (Guinness on draught is yummy), with Fat Tire being my next favorite. I generally only drink microbrews after those 2. I just don't like beer in a can or a bottle that much. Coach's has a dark beer that is pretty good, but I don't go to coach's anymore.

Re: Beer

Have you tried any of the Anchor beers?

I love the whole line of Anchor beers with Steam being my fave.

New Belgium has a wheat beer that is pretty good.

Sam Adams has some seasonal beers out now. At Sam's (or was it costco) they have a variety 12 pack that comes out this time each year... The Winter Brew is very good.

I like Guinness, but it's pricey (as is Anchor)... There are domestics that I like as much and don't cost as much. It's good stuff, though.

If you can ever find Sam Adams Octoberfest GET IT! I didn't get any this year because it was october and the label is orange, so I passed... I'm going to try to find it, though, now that it's November.

In my opinion, Fat Tire is the same as Shiner Bock and Shiner is cheaper.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member saucysoonergal's Avatar
    vCash

Scotch Buy!

OK, From a saucy palate, I like:
    Becks; Harp; and that Dundee's Honey stuff.

Awesoministrator

vCash

I plan on buying some Fat Tire in Colorado this weekend. Mmm.

I'll be on the lookout for Same Adams Octoberfest.

Norm, next time I'm on my way up to the city, I'll let you know and if you want me to bring you some Fat Tire, its a done deal.

I like Fat Tire but I only drink it every now and then. Shiner Bock makes some good beers....and believe it or not, Ziegenbock (only available in Texas) is pretty damn good (made by AB)

vCash

I was drinking fat tire for a while, but for me it has this after taste that doesn't work for me.

I agree with you on Guiness, though I prefer a black and tan or half and half when available.

About a month ago I was in Milwaukee on business and was drinking what they call a black and blue - Guiness and Blue Moon - which I think was Belgian and a little lighter than Bass or Harp. Much more separation but still pretty tasty.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit
    I was drinking fat tire for a while, but for me it has this after taste that doesn't work for me.

I agree with you on Guiness, though I prefer a black and tan or half and half when available.

About a month ago I was in Milwaukee on business and was drinking what they call a black and blue - Guiness and Blue Moon - which I think was Belgian and a little lighter than Bass or Harp. Much more separation but still pretty tasty.

At VZDs they have something I think is called Black and Red - Guiness and Killean Red. I've never tried it though.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    In my opinion, Fat Tire is the same as Shiner Bock and Shiner is cheaper.
    I've never had a Shiner Bock. It's always seemed too trendy.

I really need to start drinking more beer. There is a pretty good liquor store near me on alameda that has a bunch of different beers. I guess since I have better luck with microbrews I have trouble trying to branch out into different bottled beers.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nerm
    At VZDs they have something I think is called Black and Red - Guiness and Killean Red. I've never tried it though.
    Well, by golly, sounds like it's worth the time and energy to me. I'm gonna be back up that way for Thanksgiving, I may just have to stop in and try one.

Bass = Good Stuff

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerfanJK
    Norm, next time I'm on my way up to the city, I'll let you know and if you want me to bring you some Fat Tire, its a done deal.
    I might have to take you up on that. I like the stuff pretty good.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 scotplum's Avatar
    vCash

Mmm, Fat Tire. I love the stuff. I'm also a big fan of Guinness although like Howzit I'd prefer a black and tan or half and half if possible.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Norm In Norman
    I've never had a Shiner Bock. It's always seemed too trendy.

I really need to start drinking more beer. There is a pretty good liquor store near me on alameda that has a bunch of different beers. I guess since I have better luck with microbrews I have trouble trying to branch out into different bottled beers.
    Lucky for us, there is a microbrewery 4 miles from my house. Every Saturday at 1:00, you can take the 20 minute tour and get enough free beer that you need a designated driver.... They give you tokens that you can redeem to sample any of their beers. If you buy a mug or glass, they'll fill that sucker up for you... If you bought one in the past, bring it and they'll fill that sucker up for you.

Also, it's become fashionable among the grocery stores in the area to stock many many micro brews and imports. The Fiesta store a mile from our house must keep 50 - 70 beers in stock. Every week, they'll have something good on sale. I try new things by buying what's on sale.

And... My wife started liking to try different beers when I started doing the home brew. If she sees something interesting, she'll pick it up for us to try.

As much as I like to talk about and taste beer, I probably drink less than 3-4 beers a week.

We'll be up for the season, Norm... I'll put together you a care package.

This will be good. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm In Norman
    I might have to take you up on that. I like the stuff pretty good.
    Norm, if your headed up here in a couple of weeks, you can buy all the Fat Tire you want.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    We'll be up for the season, Norm... I'll put together you a care package.

This will be good. Trust me.

Can't wait.

When you go to Colorado Springs, you should buy some up there. Colorado has some great microbrews.

Not Coors.

http://www.rockterrace.com/colorado_brewtables.html

wish I had known this last week, I was in OKC this past weekend.....I'm coming up Christmas...if you dont have anything left from Beano's trip (or just want a motherlode stock), let me know and I'll bring you some.

Sooner Starter DrunkCajunSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Man, I am so disgusted by Guinness and I like almost all beer.

I am going to go back to Norman for a game and bring a keg or two of Dixie to the tailgate

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

BLASPHEMY! Is the taste too complicated for a drunk cajun?