Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Tom Hicks

Dear Tom Hicks

do not be the biggest dumbass and #1 public enemy by letting Mike Modano play hockey somewhere other than here....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dear Tom Hicks

Also, nice prediction on the OU-Texas game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Also, nice prediction on the OU-Texas game.
    Heh, really went out on a limb there didn't he.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    do not be the biggest dumbass and #1 public enemy by letting Mike Modano play hockey somewhere other than here....
    I truly believe it will be VERY detremental to Dallas hockey if Modano leaves. They have always said they were gonna let him test the waters then see where they were. They better re-sign him.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    I truly believe it will be VERY detremental to Dallas hockey if Modano leaves. They have always said they were gonna let him test the waters then see where they were. They better re-sign him.
    In related news, Hatcher is available.

Edit: Whoops, never mind. He went to Philly.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Mike Modano,

Please do not be a dumbass and expect to get more than a 3-year deal worth any more than $3.5 million per season from the Stars after you put up only 14 goals and 30 assists for a grand total of 44 points in 2003. Oh yeah, you also posted a nice plus/minus of -21.

Please also realize that given the new rules changes, it could be argued that Sergei Zubov is more valuable than you are to the Stars. So please quit comparing yourself to him.

Bottom line, if he gets a 4 or 5 year deal worth $4 million to $5 million a year elsewhere, Hicks and Army have no choice but to say 'Thanks for the memories, Mike.'
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    Dear Mike Modano,

Please do not be a dumbass and expect to get more than a 3-year deal worth any more than $3.5 million per season from the Stars after you put up only 14 goals and 30 assists for a grand total of 44 points in 2003. Oh yeah, you also posted a nice plus/minus of -21.

Please also realize that given the new rules changes, it could be argued that Sergei Zubov is more valuable than you are to the Stars. So please quit comparing yourself to him.

Bottom line, if he gets a 4 or 5 year deal worth $4 million to $5 million a year elsewhere, Hicks and Army have no choice but to say 'Thanks for the memories, Mike.'
    Rumor is Modano is off to Boston..which is ironic since the Jacobs are only surpassed in being tightfisted by that drunk Bill Wirtz.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I still don't understand the new hockey CBA.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTrombone
    I still don't understand the new hockey CBA.
    Teams can spend no less than $21 Mil...no more than $39 Mil. No single player can make more than a certain percentage of the payroll (dollar value is I believe $7.6 Mil). Teams last week had the option of buying out contracts of players to get within cap limits. Basically if a team has more than 1 or 2 players making over $5 Mil they're going to have a bunch of journeymen/rookies, or the players themselves are going to be accepting more contracts in the $1.5-2.5 mil/per range. I personally expect a lot more players to be looking for 1-2 year deals instead of 3-5 year deals now. Oh, and any player whose contract was bought out, couldn't sign again with the team that bought them out for a year after the buyout.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

ahhh...the buyout thing was confusing me...it was almost like the hockey version of the Allan Houston rule...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    Rumor is Modano is off to Boston..which is ironic since the Jacobs are only surpassed in being tightfisted by that drunk Bill Wirtz.
    At least Jacobs allows his team's home games to be televised locally.

vCash

it's interesting to see the positions that some teams are in....Boston only has 2 players under contract (before any free agent signings that may happen today) so they've got a lot of cap room. Detroit has about 10 players signed right now for a cost of $22 Mil...so they're looking to spend no more than $14 mil to complete the roster so that they have a mil or two in reserve in case of injuries. Philly dumped about 12 mil in salary when they bought out Amonte and LeClair.

vCash

At least Jacobs allows his team's home games to be televised locally.
    hehe Blackhaws on PPV only is hilarious....the idiot would make more money if he had games broadcast on WGN and/or CSNC. Then again I hear the son isn't much better than the father...except for the drinking thing.

vCash

hehe Blackhaws on PPV only is hilarious....the idiot would make more money if he had games broadcast on WGN and/or CSNC. Then again I hear the son isn't much better than the father...except for the drinking thing.
    I could understand Wirtz' stance back in the early to mid 90's when the Blackhawks were a perennial playoff team and a Hawks ticket was among the hottest tickets in town.

Now, they're lucky if they draw 10,000 to a home game. So Wirtz isn't exactly raking it in at the gate to justify this idiotic policy.

If I ever win a multi-state lottery to the tune of $200 million, I may very well buy the Blackhawks and rid millions of suffering Blackhawks fans of the scurge that is Dollar Bill.

vCash

I could understand Wirtz' stance back in the early to mid 90's when the Blackhawks were a perennial playoff team and a Hawks ticket was among the hottest tickets in town.

Now, they're lucky if they draw 10,000 to a home game. So Wirtz isn't exactly raking it in at the gate to justify this idiotic policy.

If I ever win a multi-state lottery to the tune of $200 million, I may very well buy the Blackhawks and rid millions of suffering Blackhawks fans of the scurge that is Dollar Bill.
    even back then it wasn't that great of a business decision. Wirtz and the Jacobs are the same really....they won't spend money to create a winning product as long as people continue to fill the stands...problem is that winter in Chicago and Boston isn't all that great

vCash

Apparently, Tom Hicks got JK's memo.

you know, i understand the business end of this......the stats you flashed on modano last year......but to me, hockey's first priority is to win the fans back, and letting your #1 star player go for money after a long lockout over money, just really isnt the way to do that

i hope we do get him back because they'll need him to secure up the fanbase

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

I agree with JK; Modano IS the Stars, and to let him walk would be a public relations fiasco for the franchise and would probably preclude us from attending any more Stars games in the near future.

John

vCash

you know, i understand the business end of this......the stats you flashed on modano last year......but to me, hockey's first priority is to win the fans back, and letting your #1 star player go for money after a long lockout over money, just really isnt the way to do that

i hope we do get him back because they'll need him to secure up the fanbase
    Which is good, because to rely on Jason Arnott and Sergei Zubov to sell tickets would be a bad move.

Which is good, because to rely on Jason Arnott and Sergei Zubov to sell tickets would be a bad move.
    true, i'm a lil surprised they didnt go after Hatcher......i think Philly was smart to pick him up