Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Snrfn4ever08's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops Big XII Championship Game Opponent?

So, now that we've kinda had our review of all the Big XII teams during the media days, I still have one question left. Who will be OU's next victim in the Big XII Championship Game? I think for the first time in my life, I believe that all 6 Big XII North teams have a chance at winning the division. I think the north seriously has to be the worst division in college football. No team seems to want to step up and take the division. Somehow, I don't understand why Colorado is the preseason favorite to win the North. Tell me what Colorado has that the other North teams don't. I think the North this year may be the closest thing possible in college football to a perfectly even playing field. My personal favorite is Iowa State. I thought Iowa State deserved to be in the CCG last year, and just couldn't believe that after everything they did to try to get there, they blew they're last game against Mizzou. If I had to pick a worst team in the North, I think I would have to pick Kansas State. Just look at how bad they were last year, and this season, they'll be without Darren Sproles. From what I hear Kansas is supposed to have a good defense and Nebraska is supposed to have an improved offense thanks to new quarterback Zac Taylor. I think Mizzou could win the division if Brad Smith decided to step it up a little bit more this year. This topic baffles me because I don't see how any division in college football could be this bad. Any opinions?
    "That's the same Barry Switzer who won three national titles (and a scary 83.7 percent of his games) at OU and, whether you like it or not, has more Super Bowl victories than Marty Schottenheimer, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Andy Reid, Jeff Fisher and Lovie Smith -- combined." -Michael Silver, SI.com

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Big XII Championship Game Opponent?

I just can't bring myself to pick ISU. I am going to be a little different say that Callahan is actually going to do a good job this year, so I'll pick Nebraska. You are right though.....none of the 6 would SHOCK me.

Big 12 Championship Game: OU vs. Nebraska

It is about time.

Brewmaster

vCash

I think it'll be Kansas.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    I think it'll be Kansas.
    ditto

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Coach Mangino, Sooners former O-cordinator will lead the north this year. Kansas is my pick as well.

vCash

K-State or NU. KU & ISU are chokers.
    My kids rock the flock!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerDood's Avatar
    vCash

I would say Kansas, but they have a killer south schedule. @ Texas, @ Tech, OU @ KC. Kansas will probably be the best team, but won't make it. Mizzou and Iowa State play Baylor, so either of them.
    Last edited by SoonerDood; 7/23/2005 at 03:37 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Mizzou or rape state.
    posse member

vCash

It's now or never for Missouri and Brad Smith. Should they falter, Iowa State might pick up the slack.
    "Change is inevitable -- except from a vending machine!"

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Kansas vs OU twice in Kansas City this year. Same outcomes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 101sooner's Avatar
    vCash

KSU or CU.

If not them, then KU, ISU, MU and NU in that order.

vCash

It's like trying to pick the winner of a peewee football league...

If I had money I'd probably place it on Mizzou

Why pick Kansas when they will likely lose all 3 south games. Thats only allowing them to lose 1 north game to make it. CU last year went 4-4 and made it. Look for the team with the easiest south schedule to make it. Hmmmm, so who plays Baylor?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfn4ever08
    Somehow, I don't understand why Colorado is the preseason favorite to win the North. Tell me what Colorado has that the other North teams don't.
    well they have some pretty good linebackers and joel klatt is an adequate qb.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

vCash

Stoops Re: Big XII Championship Game Opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by shavedmarmoset
    well they have some pretty good linebackers and joel klatt is an adequate qb.
    I think there's a team with a better qb. That's K-State. They're QB played much better against us than Joel Klatt did, and for the linebackers, I think Kansas has them beat, so, in the end, I don't think either one of these things turns out to be an advantage for Colorado. I really don't think it does any good to try to hand an advantage to any team, seeing that everything between the North teams seems to balance out.
    "That's the same Barry Switzer who won three national titles (and a scary 83.7 percent of his games) at OU and, whether you like it or not, has more Super Bowl victories than Marty Schottenheimer, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Andy Reid, Jeff Fisher and Lovie Smith -- combined." -Michael Silver, SI.com

vCash

I really wish that the TWO BEST TEAMS in the conference were rewarded instead of having to pick a victim from the north each year now. The five best teams in the conference are from the south anyway.

I'd love to see OU-UT again for all the marbles.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Stoops Re: Big XII Championship Game Opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    I really wish that the TWO BEST TEAMS in the conference were rewarded instead of having to pick a victim from the north each year now. The five best teams in the conference are from the south anyway.

I'd love to see OU-UT again for all the marbles.
    I'm with you man. It's not the same as it is with pro sports where you have good teams in every division. As we all know, there are no good teams in the Big XII North. Shoot, maybe we should just eliminate the North altogether. We'd still have enough decent teams to be a BCS conference. It wouldn't be any different than it is now, either way, a South team makes the trip to the BCS bowl almost every year and almost definitely this year.

vCash

CU seems to be the usual suspects... Brad Smith is a senior now, right?

i'd think it's between them and NU, they picked up a lot of talent

Sooner All-World
    vCash

They are gonna go back to being a single division conference within the next couple years i bet. And they will either do away with the champ game is there is a playoff system or take the teams with the best records for the conference championsip game.

I think

vCash

i'm not too thrilled about playing a team twice in one season

i'm nervous enough about playing Texass once a year

goodness, can you imagine trying to get tickets to a OU/Texas rematch in December?