Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Otters

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Otters

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeSoonerGirl
    They're funny as hell, Norm. Kinda like raccoons that swim...
    Oh you had to go mention coons huh? I had 8 of them (couple of adults with half-grown babies) night before last scurrying their wicked little asses up the hill in front of my house. I managed to kill 3 of them before they got into the woods. If you've got a garden, coons are the debil. I've tried triple hot wires, different fences, etc. but they always manage to figure it out. I set my traps and I hope to catch the rest of the larcenous little bastages by this weekend. Man, I hate me a coon.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

I started feeding one about a month ago in the back of our property.

Big, big mistake.

Huge.

HUGE MISTAKE.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Man, I hate me a coon.
    I didn't like SoonerWill either after I found out.
    I taste terrific.

vCash

They're funny as hell, Norm. Kinda like raccoons that swim...
    swimming racoons, that's just crazy talk.
    I taste terrific.

Administrator
    vCash

I started feeding one about a month ago in the back of our property.

Big, big mistake.

Huge.

HUGE MISTAKE.
    Yeah, they're so cute.................when they're belly up with their evil little tongue hanging out.

Quick story:

Our very first Colorado elk hunt (well with the group I go with now anyhow) was 8 years ago this coming fall. My brother knew a guy who had a cabin up by Granby/Grand Lake, and he offered it to us. No bathroom (there was an outhouse about 100 feet out back).

The cabin has a screened porch that was brand new. We put all our gear and ice chests, etc. on the porch. The very first night, being very good hunters, we drank our weight in beer and Jack. Anyhow, it's about 3 am, and homey has to pee. As I'm getting up, I hear all kinds of scraping noises coming from the porch. I go out there, but can't really see anything in the dark. So, I open the screen door and start peeing. It's like 8 degrees, so I'm in a pretty big hurry.

About midway through, there's this huge CRASH! right behind me. I jump about 3 feet, **** all over my feet, legs, hand, and the floor. I run inside and grab a flashlight and my .357. I turn it on, and this coon, the size of a freaking german shepherd, has knocked the top ice chest off the stack, opened it, and was stuffing his fat face on cabbage rolls, chicken/brocolli/curry casserole, and zuchini bread. Eggs were broke all over the floor, he had cookies, bread, and buns all scattered everywhere, and he's just sitting there looking at me as he chows down on a weeks worth of hunting grub.

I'm thinking "do I shoot the little ****er in here, or get him outside first?" Since I didn't know the guy who owned the cabin I decided to get him outside. He wouldn't go. He had no fear whatsoever. So, I looked the little varmint dead in the eye and said "goodnight you little ****" and drilled him betwixt his beady little eyes.

Have you ever shot a .357 in a semi-closed area? My freaking ears rung for 2 weeks. The funny thing was that nobody else woke up. The next morning, I thought I head dreamt it, so I go out there and sure enough, all our food is ruined and there's a big, dead coon laying there with curry, brocolli, and crumbs all over his face. We moved a firewood rack a foot or so over to cover the damage to the floor of the porch.

It was the only animal 4 of us bagged that season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Oh you had to go mention coons huh? I had 8 of them (couple of adults with half-grown babies) night before last scurrying their wicked little asses up the hill in front of my house. I managed to kill 3 of them before they got into the woods. If you've got a garden, coons are the debil. I've tried triple hot wires, different fences, etc. but they always manage to figure it out. I set my traps and I hope to catch the rest of the larcenous little bastages by this weekend. Man, I hate me a coon.
    I had 3 (1 momma 2 kids) on my porch the other night.....wasn't fast enough with my shotgun.......next day our rooster was found dead by my wife.....whatever it was dug under the fence in the pen and got him.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IB4OU2
    I had 3 (1 momma 2 kids) on my porch the other night.....wasn't fast enough with my shotgun.......next day our rooster was found dead by my wife.....whatever it was dug under the fence in the pen and got him.....
    Sorry to hear about your ****, IB4.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

I threw some leftover corn on the cob out there for it about three weeks ago. It was so cute to watch him sit there and eat it with his cute little human-like hands.

So then I fed him some cat food. He sure did like that, too.

Now that bastard's getting in my plum trees to eat the plums, he's squeezing himself inside the cat door to get into the garage where I keep the cat food, he's scratching at the door that goes into the house because he smells other food - it's crazy.

He's also bringing family members with him now.

I messed up. Bad.

But he was so cute...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Sorry to hear about your ****, IB4.
    'preciate your concern buddy............but I'm not sure if it was the coons or one the damn foxes that run around here.....wev'e got bobcats too....

vCash

I threw some leftover corn on the cob out there for it about three weeks ago. It was so cute to watch him sit there and eat it with his cute little human-like hands.

Now that bastard's getting in my plum trees to eat the plums, he's squeezing himself inside the cat door to get into the garage where I keep the cat food, he's scratching at the door that goes into the house because he smells other food - it's crazy.

I messed up. Bad.

But he was so cute...
    Call Dean......he'll help......you can get him taxidermied and he'll be cute forever.....

vCash

anti-freeze.....
    I taste terrific.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE
    anti-freeze.....
    too cruel.....killem' quick....

Administrator
    vCash

I messed up. Bad.

But he was so cute...
    I'd be happy to loan you a trap. It's one of those "humane traps" that catches them real nice. And a .22 fits perfectly between the wire squares. You just press it up against their head, and it sounds like a mafia hit. pffft. No more coon. Then, you dump his carcass on whatever neighbor's lawn you hate the most.

vCash

anti freeze dammit.
    I taste terrific.

Administrator
    vCash

No anti-freeze. Why waste perfectly good coolant on a damned coon?

My neighbor (who has a 10-acre watermelon patch) knocks a hole in the end of an egg, injects some poison (he won't tell me what, but I think it's strychnine cause it kills em' dead, right now) and seals the eggs with candle wax. He lays them all around his melon patch. Every morning he's carrying off crows, possums, and skunks. But the coons are just too smart. For whatever reason, they know better. I wonder if seeing a bunch of dead crows/skunks/possums might just tip em' off.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE
    anti freeze dammit.
    Dangit! to cruel, trapem' then shoot em' or just shoot em....

vCash

Damn raccoons.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Beavers are cute too.

vCash

screw cruel. Why waste shotgun pellets on them, just beat them with a seal club.
    I taste terrific.

vCash

I think Norm misunderstood. They really said utters are a hooter.