Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch Mustain

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Mitch Mustain

A 5 star quarterback on Rivals from Arkansas, he has a list of about 10 schools that he is interested in. Does anyone know anything more specific about him (official visits, camps, etc..)??
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm not a big lover of diversity..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Brasky7's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mitch Mustain

His Profile from Scout...

probably the same stuff you got from Rivals...
    It's better than a kick in the crotch...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Word around these parts is that he's narrowed it down to Arkansas and Texas, with a slight lean towards Texas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I've heard he's down to Arkansas, Texas, and Michigan. Hard to believe he'd go to Austin to be coached by Greg Davis though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag
    I've heard he's down to Arkansas, Texas, and Michigan. Hard to believe he'd go to Austin to be coached by Greg Davis though.
    Then again, he could be coached by Houston Dale Nutt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

I didn't even know he was leaving Megadeth.

vCash

Some rumor boards are telling us the whorns are off Mustain's list. Jeff Ketchum mentioned this during a radio interview in Austin Friday. No link.

Rumors around T-TOWN was he is leaning about 65% pig suckers, and 35% whorned heffers.

vCash

Mustain is also part of this ballyhooed senior class Springdale has, with no state titles on their resume mind you. They have five highly-touted recruits (including Mustain) and two have already committed. An offensive lineman committed to Notre Dame and their tight end recently committed to Florida. There's also two receivers in that mix. Springdale is right up the road from Fayetteville and Arkansas couldn't lock all five guys up. If they lose Mustain, Houston Dale Nutt might as well ask Nolan Richardson for an assistant's job with the Panama national team.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Herr Scholz's Avatar
    vCash

Ketchum said that Texas is out of it and that his new lean is Notre Dame, not Arkiesaw. Said Mustain mentioned that at the QB camp in California.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

I hear a lot down here about him on a sports station I listen to out of Little Rock, last week all I heard was Michigan, Texass, and Arkansas. I'll let you guys know what I hear this week about him. Some radio dj idiots out of NW Arkansas were making stupid comments that went something like this last week "..he needs to think long and hard about turning down Arkansas because his family still lives here." (almost like a threat). Those morons don't have a clue..if this kid is as good as he's made out to be..he can play at a much higher quality D-1 school than Arkansas..and people from this home state of his should shut up and be proud of him no matter where he decides, and respect his decision to not play for a mediocre hog team, with Nutt calling his plays. (They should only be pissed if he goes to texass of course).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Rivals updated his choices.... He is "Medium" on Miami, Arkansas, and Notre Dame. "Low" on Florida, Texas, and Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm not a big lover of diversity..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    Used to be draggin a knee in the Ozarks, now just draggin my a$$
    vCash

I think Chuck Barrett said on his show last week that Mustain had been quoted as saying he was down to 3 teams. If he woke up three monings in a row with the same team at the top of his list, he'd go ahead and commit to that team.

I guess that's what you'd call undecided.
    THIS SPACE IS FOR RENT

vCash

If he goes to Notre Dame, I can't wait to hear what Beano Cook has to say about his Heisman chances.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU-HSV
    I hear a lot down here about him on a sports station I listen to out of Little Rock, last week all I heard was Michigan, Texass, and Arkansas. I'll let you guys know what I hear this week about him. Some radio dj idiots out of NW Arkansas were making stupid comments that went something like this last week "..he needs to think long and hard about turning down Arkansas because his family still lives here." (almost like a threat). Those morons don't have a clue..if this kid is as good as he's made out to be..he can play at a much higher quality D-1 school than Arkansas..and people from this home state of his should shut up and be proud of him no matter where he decides, and respect his decision to not play for a mediocre hog team, with Nutt calling his plays. (They should only be pissed if he goes to texass of course).
    I think if Nutt is still the coach at Arkansas by signing day, Mustain's not going there. Life without Matt Jones is not going to be easy for HDN, especially if the other QB's he has on his roster don't pan out. If that's the case, then it'll be a long year in Hog-ville and there could be wholesale changes being made.
    A few years ago, the Hogs landed Gary Brashears, like Mustain a highly touted QB from Arkansas that turned down several big-time schools (like Michigan) to stay home. And Brashears flamed out big time. He also got into a tiff with the coaching staff about his lack of conditioning. He ended up transferring to Tulsa but didn't stick there either. More of a head-case than anything.
    That's why I don't put a whole lot of stock in recruiting. Sure, you have some guys that are the real deal coming out of high school (like Adrian Peterson) but more often than not, I've seen cases where the big-time high school players fizzle when they go to the next level.
    About Hog fans being mad when one of the home-staters goes somewhere else, I have two words for you to back up that agreement: Keith Jackson. Hog fans to this day are still ticked off that Jackson (from Little Rock) went to OU, even though he's now the color commentator for the Razorback radio broadcasts and his son is a defensive lineman at the U of A.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutThe'O'
    .......About Hog fans being mad when one of the home-staters goes somewhere else, I have two words for you to back up that agreement: Keith Jackson. Hog fans to this day are still ticked off that Jackson (from Little Rock) went to OU, even though he's now the color commentator for the Razorback radio broadcasts and his son is a defensive lineman at the U of A.
    I agree w/all your ideas on this. And yeah I knew there were some hard feelings still around the state about K. Jackson. But they need to realize these homestate kids want and need to do what's best for them..and the kids themselves are the only ones who can decide that one.

vCash

From what I've read, Nutt is trying to guilt Mustain into coming to Arkiesaw by dangling his buddies in front of him. Basically, he's offering scholarships to a couple of his teammates (that wouldn't be getting them otherwise) if Mustain goes there. If he doesn't, neither do the buddies. They really want this kid.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Plus, he can whale on his guitar!

METAL HORNS!!!
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    Plus, he can whale on his guitar!

METAL HORNS!!!
    Well, he was a founding member of Metallica. There's always that.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

AND got kicked out for being to big of a drunk. That's kind of impressive.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)