Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 56 BIGFOOT SIGHTINGS IN OKLAHOMA

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    We'd have hair, poop or something wouldn't we?
    "The short answer: Yes, there is quite a bit of physical evidence. Tracks, hairs, scat, and tree damage are all "physical evidence." People tend to misuse this phrase when they really mean "physical remains."

Evidence vs. Remains

The assertion that there is absolutely no physical evidence is absolutely false. There is more physical evidence than most people realize. Physical evidence is found every month in various areas across the country. Distinct tracks that do not match other animal tracks, hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence."

The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan. A rare species with a long lifespan will leave very little physical remains, collectively, for humans to find. The probability of humans actually finding and collecting and identifying those remains before they are completely reabsorbed into the biomass complicates the "physical remains as evidence" equation dramatically."

I've read some pretty fascinating stuff about how hair sample dna's show they're of a primate species but unidentifiable. etc.

But look to the experts to argue this case.

I'm just a novice.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Didn't they find some course, weird hairs that had DNA that they couldn't identify?

Or did I make that up?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeSoonerGirl
    What if Bigfoots bury their dead in deep, deep holes kinda like cats bury turds?
    Don't you think we'd have stepped in one by now, missy?

Didn't they find some course, weird hairs that had DNA that they couldn't identify?
    That was our good friend, Hairy.

Friggin' chicks, man.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pieces Hit
    "The short answer: Yes, there is quite a bit of physical evidence. Tracks, hairs, scat, and tree damage are all "physical evidence." People tend to misuse this phrase when they really mean "physical remains."

Evidence vs. Remains

The assertion that there is absolutely no physical evidence is absolutely false. There is more physical evidence than most people realize. Physical evidence is found every month in various areas across the country. Distinct tracks that do not match other animal tracks, hairs that match each other but no known wild animals, and large scats that could not be made by any known species, are all "physical evidence."

The presence or absence of "physical remains" is a wholly different matter. "Physical remains" means body parts, or fossils of body parts. Though mammals may leave tracks, scats and hairs behind, they do not leave body parts behind very often. Body parts of mammals are only available when they die. Thus availability of physical remains is initially determined by population size and lifespan. A rare species with a long lifespan will leave very little physical remains, collectively, for humans to find. The probability of humans actually finding and collecting and identifying those remains before they are completely reabsorbed into the biomass complicates the "physical remains as evidence" equation dramatically."

I've read some pretty fascinating stuff about how hair sample dna's show they're of a primate species but unidentifiable. etc.

But look to the experts to argue this case.

I'm just a novice.
    well that's what I was getting at.

Still not sold but hey, more power to the furry bastards if they're out there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Or did I make that up?
    sorry about that, but we had some fun didn't we?

good times, juicy...good times.
    I taste terrific.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE
    sorry about that, but we had some fun didn't we?

good times, juicy...good times.
    I hope you were able to get all that stuff out of your hair.

'Cause I couldn't get it out of mine...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

we pay a price for everything we do.....c’est la vie
    I taste terrific.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    So, you didn't go back to collect your stuff and/or check for footprints and whatnot?
    Yep, you might have found the old cow you shot laying there dead.
    If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad; if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - John F. Kennedy