"I'm am not satisfied with this."

"I do not celebrate moral Whoppers."

"It was tremendous but it was not scrumptulescent."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Les dreams about us at night

Quote Originally Posted by kelloggOUballa
    LSU already sucked and they just got worse
    interesting, thought-provoking, and inspired take. good job.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops-Miles jabs provide cheap fun
    By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
    6/12/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Baseball can have its Hot Stove League for winter entertainment. Here in college football country, you can't beat the Stoops-Miles Debates for spring and summer fun.

Too bad some fans don't get it. They get their knickers in knots instead of enjoying the harmless jabs Bob Stoops and Les Miles lob at each other. They need to let the coaches' comments speed up an off season that lasts way too long.

Stoops doesn't take Miles' remarks anywhere near as seriously as his supporters. Oklahoma's coach demonstrated again last week that he relishes the opportunity to engage in a little verbal jousting with the former Oklahoma State coach, who is now working at Louisiana State.

As for Miles, he's mystified his latest quotes created an uproar with Sooner fans and some local media members.
    Miles told an LSU booster group he was cheering for the Tigers when they beat OU in the Sugar Bowl to win the 2003 national championship.

Where's the shock in that revelation? Name me an OSU coach who ever wanted his bitter in-state rival to win a national title in any sport. And vice-versa.

What really surprised Miles was the reaction to his comment about looking forward to playing Stoops and the Sooners again.Miles
    insisted in a telephone interview from the new $1 million home he purchased in Baton Rouge, La., that he didn't mean any disrespect to OU, its coach or fans.

"They need not be so concerned," Miles said. "I have great respect for those (OU) people. They are part of a great, historic football team.

"And I look forward to any time that we meet, because if that happens it's generally a compliment to both institutions."

Stoops fired back during an OU Caravan stop last Tuesday in Tulsa. He joked that Miles seems preoccupied with the Sooners, their coach and the championships they've won and the title games they've played in.

Well, yeah. There isn't a coach blowing a whistle and toting a clipboard who wouldn't want the opportunity to reach the pinnacle of his profession.

"For me not to look forward to facing the Sooners in a post- season game, wow, that would be foolish," Miles said. "Certainly I'd look forward to facing those guys again, and would do so very respectfully.

"Jiminy Christmas. I'd like to play them again in that exact same (national title) game. What an advantage for us all to repeat that game."

Why wait for a bowl game? And why wait until 2018, when an OU-LSU regular-season series is supposed to start?

OU athletic director Joe Castiglione needs to get on the horn with LSU AD Skip Bertman and suggest they start the series in 2006. After all, teams were left scrambling to add another game after the NCAA approved a 12th regular-season game starting next year.

Unfortunately, there are two problems with that grand plan.

The first being that most schools will add yet another cupcake nonconference team. And we'd hear the tired excuse that OU and LSU play in tough conferences, so they don't need another difficult opponent.

Big 12 coaches might not have that excuse much longer. Sources confirm league officials are considering a proposal that would require teams to schedule at least one nonleague game against a BCS school starting in 2006.

If that rule went into effect in 2005, six Big 12 schools wouldn't be in compliance: Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, OSU and Texas Tech.

The second roadblock is that LSU has already filled the 12th-game slot. The Tigers agreed to a 10-game, home-and-home series with Tulane.

A home-and-home series against an in-state rival that isn't considered in LSU's league? Goodness, what creative thinking.

Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson played a major role in getting LSU to agree to the series. If Dickson becomes OSU's next AD, as some have speculated, perhaps he'll ramrod a similar deal with Tulsa.

OSU vs. Tulsa home-and-home for 10 consecutive years? Talk about your pipe dreams.

But I digress. It's an OU-LSU series we need to happen ASAP, instead of hoping it materializes in a bowl. Even though LSU has added Tulane, the Tigers could drop someone else if they really want a part of Stoops and the Sooners.

"I've got to first see if I can get my way out of this SEC and get to a bowl," Miles said. "But wouldn't that bowl game (OU-LSU) make for great press?"

Would it ever. Until then, we'll have to survive on the Stoops-Miles Debates to get our spring and summer football fix.

If you can't have the real deal, the alternative is proving to be a real hoot for those of us whose knickers aren't all knotted up.

What a freakin knob. Does he really think anybody can't figure out he was trying to be cute with his initial statements?
    C'monnnn Lester, we all know you try your darndest to look like Billy Badass in your interviews.

heh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Brasky7's Avatar
    vCash

man, i wish i had as cool of a catchphrase as "Let 'Er Rip"...

[LSU AD]Hey Leslie, how would you feel about a guaranteed win versus Tulane?[LSU AD/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles/]

~

[Leslie's Fishing Buddy]Hey Leslie, I gotta fart, do ya mind?[Leslie's Fishing Buddy/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles/]

~

[Leslie's Wife]Hey Bitch, you'd better take down the flag, it's awful windy and you don't want it to get torn.[Leslie's Wife/]

[Miles]Let 'Er Rip...[Miles]

~

[Stillwater Pet Cemetery Worker]Leslie, you want i should dig up your former lover, i mean sheep?[Stillwater Pet Cemetery Worker/]

[Miles]Let 'Er RIP[Miles/]

It's better than a kick in the crotch...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Geekboy's Avatar
    vCash

Would you people just please knock it off?!?!?

Wait.....this is your forum. Nevermind.

Stunned Okie?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eauxkie Tiger
    "any sucker" includes "that team and that coach".
    Probation for the Les Miles era will only be a matter of time.

Oklahoma State Reported Minor Violations to NCAA
    Email this Story

Jun 12, 12:51 PM (ET)

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma State has reported several minor violations of NCAA rules in the past two years, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Among the violations, two football graduate assistants failed to enroll in enough courses at Oklahoma State and a school vice president improperly agreed to have an advertisement hung on a gym wall, according to a story in Sunday's editions of The Oklahoman.

Graduate assistants David Rausch and Chris McCurry violated an NCAA bylaw by not being enrolled in at least 50 percent of the institution's minimum hours during the 2003-04 school year, the newspaper reported. In response, a letter of admonishment was issued and corrective measures were taken to monitor graduate assistants' enrollment hours.

Oklahoma State vice president Michael Heintze agreed to purchase an institutional advertisement to be hung on the wall of the gymnasium of a Texas junior college. The ad was removed, and a compliance and rules discussion with Heintze took place.

Also, former strength and conditioning coach Gary Calcagno broke an NCAA rule by showing recruits a videotape of various types of weight training.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eauxkie Tiger

Stunned Okie?

It's less exciting when it's not your first championship game in 50 years.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy