Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Les dreams about us at night

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Wait.

Les Miles, the head coach of LSU of the SEC, mentions that he looks forward to meeting OU of the Big 12 to an LSU booster and since we respond to it and laugh about how infatuated and crazy he is, we're obsessed?

That's some good Amos Moses logic there.
    It was that Sugar Bowl game Miles recalled when a booster asked him last week about his 2003 verbal battle with Stoops.
    He was asked about the incident, so he responded. Big deal. I was wrong on one thing. There are 3 Les Miles threads, not 2, so yes some of you are obsessed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Have you guys picked which rival you're going to focus on all year forsaking all others yet?

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

MY bet is they will focus on Vandy and Kentucky. They are the two best teams right? Then Les could Let er' Rip on two schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Even though my spite for all things burnt orange is well documented in this forum, I have to admit to a bit of happiness watching Lester on the sidelines when the Whorns dismantled his team in the second half of their game this past season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 batonrougesooner's Avatar
    vCash

Do you think Les has figured out yet "which is which"?
    "I am batonrougesooner and I approved this message"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Brasky7's Avatar
    vCash

someone needs to edit that fark of leslie holding mini-leslie, to make em wearing the manly geauxld and purple of louisiana state...
    It's better than a kick in the crotch...

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eauxkie Tiger
    He was asked about the incident, so he responded. Big deal. I was wrong on one thing. There are 3 Les Miles threads, not 2, so yes some of you are obsessed.
    This was an acceptable response:
    "When you guys were playing Oklahoma, and I was representing another school, I watched every play and I was so damn happy that LSU won,"
    I don't fault him for this. What is he supposed to say? "Oh, I rooted for OU - conference pride, ya know." That won't give his fanbase any confidence in him.

This was not an acceptable response:
    "I look forward to meeting that team again and that coach."
    Why is this necessary? I don't know many DI coaches that talk like that about teams outside of the conference in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    Even though my spite for all things burnt orange is well documented in this forum, I have to admit to a bit of happiness watching Lester on the sidelines when the Whorns dismantled his team in the second half of their game this past season.
    That says a lot coming from gdc.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

Seems you are the ones obsessed. 2 threads here about Les. Here's what you should be asking yourselves..

So if Miles could more than hold his own against Stoops with a team that didn't match OU's talent level, how would he do if given the opportunity to compete with equal or superior talent?
    I think he showed everyone that in numerous season openers. Heres one example:
    Cowboys Snatch Defeat

From Jaws of Victory

by Justin Waganer

Senior Sports Writer

September 2, 2002

For the second consecutive year the Oklahoma State Cowboys lost their season opener after having every chance to be the victor. After a 39-36 loss to Louisiana Tech on Saturday night in which the Pokes blew an 18-point lead one can't help but wonder if the momentum is gone?

All the talk in the off-season at Oklahoma State was of carrying over the momentum gained in their massive upset of Oklahoma to finish the 2001 campaign. Late in the Shreveport, Louisiana night on Saturday the Cowboys dropped a 36-18 lead late in the fourth quarter to drop 39-36 after the Bulldogs had TD drives of 80, 99, and 73 yards to win the game.

Head Coach Les Miles tried to put it all in perspective afterwards. “When we look back there will be so many ways we could have won that football game,” Miles said. “It’s going to be hard to look at that film. We’re 0-1, but it’s just one.”

It is just one, but it's just one after what was perhaps the biggest one win in Oklahoma State Football history. The Cowboys looked like the team that beat a top 5 team a year ago for almost three quarters as they were on the brink of blowing out the WAC Champion from a year ago. However, the late game collapse that has haunted the Pokes for the last few years reemerged.

Louisiana Tech Quarterback Luke McCown's quote was one that we should have heard from OSU's Josh Fields after their win. "This is something my heart has longed for for a long, long time. We came so close at Miami and so close at Alabama last year. To pull one out tonight is huge."

No OSU didn't come close to beating Miami or Alabama last year, but they did beat OU and should have beat Southern Miss., Missouri, and Colorado in 2001. For those of you who don't know O-State lost those three by a combined 14 points and would have finished 7-4 and gone bowling if a few things had gone different. The Cowboys have had too many would have, could have, and should haves over the last few years.

Make no mistake about it there are games OSU can win on this schedule that people won't pick them to, but when does the 4-7 change to a 7-4 again? OSU is better than to do it once every 15 years, they should go bowling about three of every five. Until then they will continue to get less than the respect they deserve.

OSU will open their home schedule for 2002 this Saturday at 6 p.m. against Northern Iowa. The game will not be televised.

Any other questions?
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    I was at The Library Bar w/ Petro Sooner for that game. The bartender almost kicked me out of the bar for getting excited that texass kept scoring. She thought I was rooting for instead of against.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

STEP OFF, OBSESSORS!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg
    I HATE MIAMI!
    WORD!!!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 roostercogburn's Avatar
    vCash

screw les and the horse he road out on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by roostercogburn
    screw... the horse he road out on.
    You don't want to go there, especially after he's had his way. That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

With the treatment I received from rude lsu fans before, during, and after the Sugar Bowl, I would say that lester miles has gone to the right place. Go Bama!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Seems you are the ones obsessed. 2 threads here about Les. Here's what you should be asking yourselves..

So if Miles could more than hold his own against Stoops with a team that didn't match OU's talent level, how would he do if given the opportunity to compete with equal or superior talent?
    your the one on our message board asswipe, talk about obsession.

Crystal Football Re: Les dreams about us at night

Why do you Sooners dislike Les Miles so much. One thing is for sure LSU is not OSU. We are the flagship University in the great state of Louisiana.Les Miles is going to have a lot more to work with at LSU than he did at OSU. You guys know OU is tough to compete with. It is a the same type situation that Nick Saban had at Michigan State.Saban did a great job at LSU partly because he had a whole lot more talent to work with. Michigan is the dominate school in that state and in that part of the U.S. for that matter. I hope we get a chance to play the Sooners some day so we can say Geaux Tigers and "Let'r Rip".
    P.S. Beat the Horns !

vCash

Thats just it. He ended up not being able to hold his own. I think Les is right where he belongs; in a place that doesnt require any class. The Tiger fans are right up Les's alley.

I was really going to miss the free entertainment Les provided by periodically making a total idiot out of himself. Little did I know that he would continue to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerpsycho

OU Caravan: Stoops has an answer for Miles' words
    By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
    6/8/2005

View in Print (PDF) Format

Sooner coach finds humor in comments by LSU's new coach.

The shot Les Miles took last Sunday at Oklahoma and Bob Stoops was returned by the Sooner coach Tuesday during the Sooner Caravan at the OU-Tulsa Schusterman Center.

"He sure does think about me a lot, doesn't he?" Stoops said.

Miles, now head coach at Louisiana State after four years at Oklahoma State, said during a similar fan function in Thibodaux, La., that he was happy the Tigers defeated the Sooners in the 2003-04 national championship game.

"When you guys were playing Oklahoma (in the national championship) and I was representing another school, I watched every play and I was so damn happy that LSU won," Miles told LSU fans, according to The Baton Rouge (La.) Advocate. "I look forward to meeting that team again, and that coach."

Tuesday, Stoops -- who didn't shy away from cross-state verbal exchanges with Miles when Miles was leading the Cowboys -- responded to both media and fans.

"I find it humorous," Stoops told about 1,000 fans on the lawn of the Schusterman Center. "It cracks me up. He thinks about me a lot.

"I thought, 'Boy, I bet it was hard (last
    season) for him to watch us raise our third Big 12 championship trophy."

Stoops and Miles met five times in OU-OSU contests, with Stoops winning three. But OSU almost derailed Oklahoma's national championship hopes in 2000 (a 12-7 OU victory) and again in 2004 (a 38-35 OU triumph). And in 2001 and 2002, the Cowboys scored OU-OSU upsets that cost the Sooners any hope of a national title.

OSU and Texas, of course, were frequent targets of humor at the event. Even emcee Chris Lincoln -- a Missouri graduate and longtime Tulsa broadcaster -- got in on the fun.

"I don't know if you heard or if any of you (care)," Lincoln began, "but Oklahoma State announced today that athletic director Harry Birdwell has re signed. Apparently, he did that before coach Gundy could suspend him."

Lincoln's joke was in reference to Mike Gundy's dismissal or suspension of seven OSU players since becoming head coach.

In private, Stoops addressed rumors that running back Adrian Peterson might not be completely healthy in the fall because he's not aggressively rehabilitating a shoulder injury following surgery in January.

"There's a lot of things said that aren't true or embellished or sensationalized," Stoops said. "No, he'll be fine. It's fairly common, and the success rate for recovery is usually very high."

Stoops said every high school senior in the current recruiting class is academically eligible, and two junior college players are finishing summer school and "should be ready to go" in the fall.

Stoops, OU athletic director Joe Castiglione, men's basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and women's basketball coach Sherri Coale were featured speakers.

In four years how many times did Coach Les Miles beat Bob Stoops ? I can't seem to remember .