Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of my

Nevermind. Turns out it was just a heat rash.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of my

No. No alcohol.

Poison ivy oil reacts with rubbing alcohol and creates 100% pure cyanide gas.

Go to K-Mart and buy you a brand spanking new calculator watch. Get one that beeps a lot. I love that.

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    Nevermind. Turns out it was just a heat rash.
    Just kidding. Thanks baja. That's some good work you done there.

I didn't know there was poison ivy back there til it was too late. I was just clipping up a branch that fell off a tree during a storm.

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    1. You really want to keep this watch.

2. Do not wear it again until it has been cleaned and all signs of poison ivy on your arm has cleared up. The heat/sweat from the watch would make it difficult to decide if the watch still still poison ivy oil on it or if it didn't fully clear up on your arm.

3. The absolute best way to clean it is to take it to a watch place. You have 5 possible openings in which the cleaner of your choice will enter the watch. The more important the watch is to you, the more likely it will happen. They can open the case, remove the workings and clean it. I have no idea what it will cost.

4. Call the manufacturer's service department. They may be able to clean it very cheaply and do a better job.

5. Do not use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide as your watch will not look as pretty as it does now. The posion ivy soap may work (I have never seen it before), but you would have to be very careful around the case. Q-tips, artist paint brushes (not to be used again). Plastic cleaners may work, though using it on the glass crystal is not good. Lint-free towel. But this is my least favorite of the options - I am afraid the watch may not work when you are done.

6. Don't work in areas with poison ivy while you are wearing anything you remotely want to keep.
    How do you know so much about poison ivy and watches?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I had to include one smart*** answer, just so I could fit in.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Weren't you on the board yesterday? Her husband is a dentist.

Edit: Okay, that was OUS...mom. Same diff though, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Weren't you on the board yesterday? Her husband is a dentist.

Edit: Okay, that was OUS...mom. Same diff though, really.
    baja is a chick?

Ok, nevermind. No way I'm doing any of that stuff now.

I'm just gonna put it in the dish washer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

I think DC still wants his sponsor gift. Give it to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

rub with bleach, let dry, rub with bleach again, let dry again.

You are very welcome
    one day

vCash

I am an R.N. (no, that is not a registered nut).
    I work at an elementary school and we see poison ivy every spring.
    I am old and have learned a lot over the years.
    My great-uncle was the jeweler at John A. Browns in downtown OKC for many years. My step-father also liked to repair things, so i picked up tidbits from him - especially electronic stuff.

And I didn't want to let Mjcpr down.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

vCash

baja is a chick?

Ok, nevermind. No way I'm doing any of that stuff now.

I'm just gonna put it in the dish washer.

Hey!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    I am an R.N. (no, that is not a registered nut).
    I work at an elementary school and we see poison ivy every spring.
    I am old and have learned a lot over the years.
    My great-uncle was the jeweler at John A. Browns in downtown OKC for many years. My step-father also liked to repair things, so i picked up tidbits from him - especially electronic stuff.

And I didn't want to let Mjcpr down.
    pheww. Thats a relief. I was starting to fear you were casing Beano's watch for some future larcenous activity.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not allergic to it so I've never really thought about it. Try some acetone or ether.