Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Hot, soapy water would be my guess. It's the oil from the plant that irritates the skin so something that gets rid of oil.
    I was also thinking this...washing it would be a good place to start.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    That appears to be a product for use to clean your skin and help reduce the oozing blisters and the itching.

While this did not answer my question, I will give you partial credit for actually posting something useful.
    Okay then, ignore me. The solution to your problem is as close as your tube of Crest.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    Watchcase - plastic or metal?
    Waterproof? Or water resistant?
    Metal Case, but the surrounding part is plastic. It's water resistant. I don't think they can make all those buttons on the calculator actually water proof.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

This, I think I will try. And this also saves me from having to post my next thread which was about how to remove stinky bo smells from a watch band.

Top Notch work there Homey.
    Hah. Sweet vindication.

BTW, my wife cleans her jewelry with toothpaste and an old toothbrush too, Believe it or not, the technique cuts the crud right off diamonds and other sparkly things.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro
    Exactly. Having said that though, if you washed it in a boiling vat of acid for 72 hours, I would still never put it on my wrist. Poison ivy is hell.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of my

?

vCash

Re: Hey poison ivy knowing about people. I have a question about how to get it out of my

Here's my question:

How do I get poison ivy out of my watch band?
    You'll get much better results if you're honest. We all know it's not really your "watch band" that got stuck in poison ivy.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

That appears to be a product for use to clean your skin and help reduce the oozing blisters and the itching.

While this did not answer my question, I will give you partial credit for actually posting something useful.
    Actually Beano you use it before you come in contact with the plant or if you suspect you did come in contact with it you can use it to remove the oil.... I use it occasionally....I'm very allergic and take preventive measures, since there's so much of it on my property.....Thanks for the partial credit though.........

Quote Originally Posted by achiro
    Which is the main point of this thread... what do I wash it with? Pay attention.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Metal Case, but the surrounding part is plastic. It's water resistant. I don't think they can make all those buttons on the calculator actually water proof.
    Do you think that you might have gotten it into the calculator area?
    Or just the band?
    Or not sure?
    Brand of watch?
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

vCash

Considering you didn't answer my question, I will retract my gratuity.

I can't get rid of the band because it's part of the watch. And I'm not getting rid of that either. I need to know how to clean it.

I typed it into google and i guess when people talk about "watch" and "poison ivy" they're all, like, "ooh watch out."

try soaking it in rubbing alcohol overnight.

You're welcome.
    My kids rock the flock!

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    You'll get much better results if you're honest. We all know it's not really your "watch band" that got stuck in poison ivy.
    Ha! An innuendo. Wow. Did not see that coming. No sir ree. Smacked me right out of the blue. I think that actually made the old ticker skip a beat I was so surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    Do you think that you might have gotten it into the calculator area?
    Or just the band?
    Or not sure?
    Brand of watch?
    I was just kidding about the calculator. Here's the watch:

Right now it's sitting on the counter in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    try soaking it in rubbing alcohol overnight.

You're welcome.
    Yeah, this seems like a good bet. I know that alcohol can act as a solvent for some types of oil. I was just kinda wondering if anyone knew of a commercial product specifically for this purpose.

Instead, everyone is all over me with wisenheimer remarks and stuff.

What did I ever do to you people?

vCash

Ha! An innuendo.
    I think technically an innuendo would have been a lot more subtle.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    I think technically an innuendo would have been a lot more subtle.
    Well, technically, it's the amps, not the volts that kill you, but I wouldn't go throwing a hairdryer in the bathtub all the same.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

I vote for rubbing alcohol as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

I wouldn't soak it in alcohol. Maybe after you wash it with good old soap and water, a quick swipe with a cotton ball soak with alcohol but I'd be afraid the alcohol would damage the sexy chick magnet type band and you'd be stuck replacing it with some cheap plastic looking thing...oh wait.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

1. You really want to keep this watch.

2. Do not wear it again until it has been cleaned and all signs of poison ivy on your arm has cleared up. The heat/sweat from the watch would make it difficult to decide if the watch still still poison ivy oil on it or if it didn't fully clear up on your arm.

3. The absolute best way to clean it is to take it to a watch place. You have 5 possible openings in which the cleaner of your choice will enter the watch. The more important the watch is to you, the more likely it will happen. They can open the case, remove the workings and clean it. I have no idea what it will cost.

4. Call the manufacturer's service department. They may be able to clean it very cheaply and do a better job.

5. Do not use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide as your watch will not look as pretty as it does now. The posion ivy soap may work (I have never seen it before), but you would have to be very careful around the case. Q-tips, artist paint brushes (not to be used again). Plastic cleaners may work, though using it on the glass crystal is not good. Lint-free towel. But this is my least favorite of the options - I am afraid the watch may not work when you are done.

6. Don't work in areas with poison ivy while you are wearing anything you remotely want to keep.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Toldya.