Thread: 9/11

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

9/11

The flyover, the fireworks, the flag. A perfect tribute.

God bless America!

Re: 9/11

Amen! That was a cool sight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member instigator's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up Re: 9/11

It was very touching. I had tears in my eyes after that half time performance by both bands.

I was at the game in section 8. I happened to see the T-38's coming in from the SE as they entered their approach about 5 seconds before they got there.

This was one of the BEST flyover's I've witnessed. The difference is this:
    Usually the birds just come in straight over the stadium e.g. South to North or vise versa. These Air Force guys yeserday did it right. They came in at a curve around the field. (and I don't know how to desribe this bit of it), The formation banked counter clock wise (?)

What that does for us on the ground is that when they just buzz straight over, the formation is over and gone in a nano second. These chaps yesterday in doing what they did really put the burners on all 80 thousand of us for a while longer, and we got to see them for a bit longer!

Way to go for the USAF! That was an awesome flyover, and boy they got the crowd fired up, too. I wish that they'd do it next weekend before game to get everyone woke up and fired up for the 'Canes.

Anyone know what squadron those guys were from? I thought last night that they said something about the 88th somethingortheother. They started recognizing them so fast; I didn't get a chance to make a mental note of it.
    "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that."
    Bill Shankly, In Sunday Times (UK) Oct. 4 1981

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Oh...I thought this was a thread about Sam Bradford's passing numbers in the first quarter!
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

Didn't we have 911 total offense too?

vCash

a thread i started three years ago???

huh. and here I thought NP was starting threads under my name or something

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklaUalum
    I was at the game in section 8. I happened to see the T-38's coming in from the SE as they entered their approach about 5 seconds before they got there.

This was one of the BEST flyover's I've witnessed. The difference is this:
    Usually the birds just come in straight over the stadium e.g. South to North or vise versa. These Air Force guys yeserday did it right. They came in at a curve around the field. (and I don't know how to desribe this bit of it), The formation banked counter clock wise (?)

What that does for us on the ground is that when they just buzz straight over, the formation is over and gone in a nano second. These chaps yesterday in doing what they did really put the burners on all 80 thousand of us for a while longer, and we got to see them for a bit longer!

Way to go for the USAF! That was an awesome flyover, and boy they got the crowd fired up, too. I wish that they'd do it next weekend before game to get everyone woke up and fired up for the 'Canes.

Anyone know what squadron those guys were from? I thought last night that they said something about the 88th somethingortheother. They started recognizing them so fast; I didn't get a chance to make a mental note of it.
    They said that the squadron or group name was the "Lucky Devils," but I didn't catch a number.
    Baked fresh daily.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Zing
    They said that the squadron or group name was the "Lucky Devils," but I didn't catch a number.
    three of the four were wearing OSU hats... but we still gave them a standing o

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

In. God bless our soldiers and our fine country

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerDood's Avatar
    vCash

were they the T-38s from Vance?
    Where can I get Boomer Sooner ringtone? TIA

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBOI's Avatar
    vCash