SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

OU vs Houston Kittons Questions...

I got tickets and staying across the street from the stadium. Anyone know good places to eat that are close? I'll be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

TIA

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU vs Houston Kittons Questions...

Here's a list of places near the stadium.

LINK
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Outside of Pappadeaux's, you will be looking to go to the Galeria / Westheimer Upper Kirby area for good restaurants. I recommend Pappadeaux's for Cajun, but the other Pappas restaurants are rather meh.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Outside of Pappadeaux's, you will be looking to go to the Galeria / Westheimer Upper Kirby area for good restaurants. I recommend Pappadeaux's for Cajun, but the other Pappas restaurants are rather meh.
    Are you insane? Pappasitos fajitas are practically ambrosia. Especially with the garlic butter sauce.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Are you insane? Pappasitos fajitas are practically ambrosia. Especially with the garlic butter sauce.
    I have to give you that about their fajitas. But otherwise, I've not been that impressed. And since just about every Pappasito's is right next door to a Pappadeaux's, I don't get the fajitas very often. Shoot, even if I'm thinking Pappasito's when I leave the house, I usually end up at Pappadeaux's.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    DO not care for much of anything from Pappasito's except for the Cabrito, same for Mrs. THA except she is partial to the enchiladas. Their food is just meh... It has been so long that I have been at a Pappasito's that I don't even know if they serve Cabrito on the weekends anymore.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I live in Houston and Papa's steak house is one of the best Steak Houses in America, you will need Reservations and Bring your American Express Platinum or Black Card. It will cost about $250 for dinner and one bottle of house wine for two. It is great but I only go there on birthdays and anniversaries. Actually, I like all of the Papas restaurants, except to paraphrase Yogi Berra, "nobody goes there, they are too crowded."
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

vCash

Absolutely Agree about Pappasitios! My Son, Daughter in law and grandchildren are coming in for the UofH game and we will go there EARLY for a victory dinner on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by oudivesherpa View Post
    I live in Houston and Papa's steak house is one of the best Steak Houses in America, you will need Reservations and Bring your American Express Platinum or Black Card. It will cost about $250 for dinner and one bottle of house wine for two. It is great but I only go there on birthdays and anniversaries. Actually, I like all of the Papas restaurants, except to paraphrase Yogi Berra, "nobody goes there, they are too crowded."
    I've been to the one in Dallas and was pleasantly surprised. The steak was fantastic and the ambience very appealing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I hope you people get your vaccinations before entering that scum infested city.
    posse member

vCash

I live here and I agree with you it is a scum infested city but IT HAS NO STATE INCOME TAX. With the tax savings I can fly to home games in Norman plus I can go almost anywhere in the world without changing planes. Actually, if you live in certain parts of the city, its very livable, especially in the Memorial area just stay off the highways during rush hour.