Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Texas A&M and Kevin Sumlin

Aggie gonna Aggie, but what the heck happened to the respectable, rising coaching star that was Kevin Sumlin? How is he allowing this to go on at a program under his watch?

The latest brick in the wall is at dead spin. Google chalk talk because my phone isn't allowing me to copy and paste

I am disappointed in Sumlin. He let his star players Manziel and Evans dick around and so he lost control of his athletes. Now his assistants are allowed to dick around with meaningless punishment too. Does anyone still respect him?

vCash

Re: Texas A&M and Kevin Sumlin

Sorry to tease you all this weekend without a link. Here goes:
    http://deadspin.com/guess-how-sexist...l-f-1784538045

It gets worse...

The one who tweeted the images just happens to be an Orangebloods writer, so the initial reaction at good ol' TexAgs.com was that it was a stupid TU sip whorn guy that was trying to make the Aggies look bad. As anyone that has ever had to endure Aggies know, they do a good enough job of making themselves look bad so nobody else has to do anything.
    http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/27*****

I would like to once again re-iterate how disappointed I am in Kevin Sumlin. He was one of Bob Stoops' best assistants at OU and his first head coaching job at Houston seemed to suggest the best was yet to come.

$5 million a year at A&M might make him think that he has to win at all costs, from letting the players do whatever the hell they want to now letting his assistants do whatever the hell they want with little, meaningless punishment. Coach, it's Texas A&M. They haven't won a conference title since 1998. They haven't won a national title since 1939. They haven't won a meaningful (i.e. BCS-level) bowl game since... dear lord... Sugar Bowl in 1998! No, they lost that one... is that really 1939 also? They haven't won the Sugar, Fiesta, Rose or Orange bowls since 1939?

Never go full Aggie, Kevin Sumlin. Please, reclaim your reputation, lay down the law and if that means a few 6-win seasons instead of 8-win seasons, so be it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Don't be so hard on Sumlin. You don't have to look past our own coaching staff to find disrespect for women:

-Dorial Green Beckham transferred here with Stoops' full blessing after assaulting a girlfriend
    -Joe Mixon remains on the roster despite breaking a girls' face

At minimum, you can say that at least at this point, Sumlin's acceptance of disrespect towards women is in word form only. Give it time and he may rise to the level of Stoops in accepting those who assault women.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

TDTW I posted on Mixon/DGB in the Mixon thread.

This was just the latest strike on Kevin Sumlin's Texas A&M tenure, so it's not so much a complaint about disrespect of women... these slides are just really stupid. Hurr hurr sex jokes hurr hurr.

It comes during the same offseason as an assistant going on a twitter rant due to decommittment, causing other top recruits to be like "no thanks A&M"

This is not how I expected Kevin Sumlin's career to go after he left OU. He had a 12-1 season in his final year at Houston, a program that continues to thrive after his departure. If Sumlin gives those rabid Aggies a third 8-win season in a row, they're going to take this off-field crap into account when they try to fire him for-cause

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

He'll be fired during/after this season because aTm has turned back into aTm
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

LOL this

Now... when will happen...

UCLA Sept. 3 (it's at home, so a loss here perhaps?)

Prairie View A&M Sept. 10 (Loss here and UCLA = fired after the clock runs out)

At Auburn Sept. 17 (A 1-2 start with only a Prairie View A&M win? 50-50 chance of firing)

Arkansas at Jerryword Sept. 24 (Aggies are crazy, so if they're only 2-2 after this game, 75% chance of firing)

At South Carolina Oct. 1 (SC has a new coach in Muschamp, so a loss here is probably a firing, especially if means Aggie is 2-3)

Tennessee "Maroon Out" Oct. 8 (the final straw and right before the first bye week. ample time to fire Sumlin and get an interim going before Oct. 22 at Alabama)

Fired by October highly likely. Fired by the end of October 99.9 percent likely... but if he makes it to Oct. 29, it's New Mex State at home.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Sumlin won at Houston with Art Briles players. now he's had some great recruiting classes at ATM (but they always have top 25 classes and win 7-9 games), lost some highly ranked QB's, his D is supposed to be better. i could have won 9 games with Case Keenum.

not what the love affair with Sumlin is here? they always say he was the OC at Oklahoma with Sam Bradford but it was Kevin Wilson's offense. kevin wilson called the plays.

Aggies are insane. they want one thing, they want another. half of them want RC Slocum back.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    I miss the "Slocum on the cell" bit that the local Houston radio did in the mornings... Aggie is gonna be aggie and R.C. was the best coach they could ever expect to get... They botched big time when they let him go. We should have a Sumlin on the cell bit or so in Houston.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.