Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Joe Paterno latest :(

I think Penn State players can stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ealed-records/

The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.

“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.
    This was not from the 80s or 90s as has previously been said as the earliest that JoePa heard about Sandusky.

This was from 1976.

And boy, did JoePa have a football season to worry about! After going a sh!tty 7-5 in 1976, his Penn State teams turned around and got back to back 11-1 seasons in 77 and 78.

Say a little prayer; that we will never leave college football to the Joe Paternos

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Joe Paterno latest :(

They should stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back, but hey, Richard Nixon has a presidential library that's still open.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Boggles the mind that an adult, in a position of authority and responsibility,
    could or would ignore a youngster's complaint of that nature and just walk
    away from him. Sandusky's place in hell is secure and he is apparently
    saving a seat for Joe....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    They should stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back, but hey, Richard Nixon has a presidential library that's still open.
    And, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump the current choices for president. Both already display a level of paranoia Nixon couldn't have even dreamed of having.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

There are Joe Paterno supporters out there in the depths of the internet comment sections. Then again, there are still Adrian Peterson supporters on this board. Football makes otherwise reasonable people lose their ****ing minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Oh, you've stopped preachin' and gone to meddlin' son.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

Wonderful, inspiring, uplifting, and predictable.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I would imagine Sandusky had Paterno blackmailed to take him down with him if Joe ever snitched. Who knows, but that would seem likely to me.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

About the only conclusion you can draw is that he was being blackmailed by Sandusky. Otherwise, turn him in, be labeled as an even bigger hero than ever among Penn State and the college football community for taking out the evil Barry Switzers and child rapists, etc etc etc etc.

It does not mean that Paterno himself was a sexual abuser. Rather, that Sandusky knew things that would ruin his legacy (which as we can tell, was very, very important to that loser) and thus, Paterno protected that rapist instead of children. How pathetic.

vCash

yep, Joe should have fired Sandusky back when the abuse was first discovered. After it went on, it became a situation where Paterno was part of the problem by not dealing with it.