Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

More BIGXII expansion news

It's down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati according to this guy.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/6/6/11...and-cincinnati

What schools should the Big 12 invite?

As far as I can tell, that question has already been answered. The ACC isn't going to give up its member institutions until the Grant of Rights is over after the 2026-2027 season and schools like UCONN and UCF no longer have relevance to the Big 12 as their value (TV sets for a network) has been removed from the equation.

Also, goodbye to Memphis, Colorado State, USF, Tulane, ECU, and others... Too little competition, too little relevance, too late to the party.

At this point, the list of things a Big 12 candidate must have is relatively easy to point to (as reported):
    •Large followings nationally (additional value for contracts)
    •Competitive teams on the field and on the court (compelling TV matchups)
    •Large fan base's that show up to big games (I.E., championship game attendance)
    •Relatively close proximity to existing member institutions to hold costs down

I could find a way to make several schools fit here... BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati all seem to fit one way or another. They also appear to miss in some areas. BYU is a bit of a hike for Big 12 schools, Houston's fan base doesn't always show up, and Cincinnati stretches the definition of the word "competitive" in football most years.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: More BIGXII expansion news

Instead of adding schools, we need to start kicking schools out, starting with us.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

It's embarrassing. Please, someone, get us out of the Big 12. The thought of being in a conference with a Houston or Cincinnati is horrifying. How much further down can you water down a conference?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Adding Houston, would help Houston, but I can't see any benefit for OU.
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Let's just mind-**** everybody and go to 8 instead.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Let's just mind-**** everybody and go to 8 instead.
    Fine by me, as long as we keep the Big12 name - too confusing otherwise.