Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 DrZaius's Avatar
    vCash

So... is OU interested in any of the recuits that are withdrawing from Baylor?

Discuss....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: So... is OU interested in any of the recuits that are withdrawing from Baylor?

I haven't followed this super closely, nor do I have any inside info, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Parish Cobb heading to Norman. We also offered Patrick Hudson, Devin Duverney, and JP Urquidez. I would really like Brandon Bowen, but he hasn't asked for a release to my knowledge. Duverney looks like the prize, with Hudson not far behind.

vCash

Re: So... is OU interested in any of the recuits that are withdrawing from Baylor?

It looks like Baylor denied their requests to be released from LOI. We'll see if the NCAA steps in. Also, some sources it appears think Bowen is (or has) asked for release.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It looks like Baylor denied their requests to be released from LOI. We'll see if the NCAA steps in. Also, some sources it appears think Bowen is (or has) asked for release.
    Is that an official BU announcement? I saw on ESPN they told one player they would not honor it until he talked to the new head coach. Not really an unreasonable request, IMO. But if the players stay firm and pursue a release, BU will have a PR problem on top of the current mess if they don't grant them. My guess is that they decide the PR can't make things any worse and will deny the release requests.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Is that an official BU announcement? I saw on ESPN they told one player they would not honor it until he talked to the new head coach. Not really an unreasonable request, IMO. But if the players stay firm and pursue a release, BU will have a PR problem on top of the current mess if they don't grant them. My guess is that they decide the PR can't make things any worse and will deny the release requests.
    Yeah, I guess maybe they didn't deny them. I didn't have a great source---just word of mouth, and I assumed they heard it somewhere. I'm not seeing anywhere that they were denied their release. I'd have to think that either Baylor will do it themselves, or that the NCAA would step in. Then again, I'm particularly unoptomistic that things will turn out right given the Mayfield ruling today.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

A bunch of thugs!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Here's their 2017 decommits, according to 247 Sports:
    http://baylor.247sports.com/Season/2...ball/Decommits

Of their top five, OU has offered Baron Browning (5-star OLB), Jhamon Ausbon (4-star WR), Hezekiah Jones (4-star WR) and Kedrick Jones (4-star TE). The one that is most interested in OU is Browning, according to 247, with "cool" interest among the rest.

Quite frankly, OU has such a solid class for 2017 assembled already that I'm not sure that we want to need anymore at any of those positions, or if our goal at this point should be retaining our own recruits.

Baylor reportedly had 7 from its 2016 class ask to be released from their LOIs... to where? Some programs, like OU, didn't sign a full 25-member class in 2016, but in OU's case, that was based on availability of scholarships. Most others already signed a full class. Iowa State signed 29.

So... a mess. But hey, at least if any of them were walk-ons for a season, they won't be able to have that extra year of eligibility if they go to another Big 12 program