Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Question ESPN: Sooners have #3 recruiting class in the country..

I'm confused. Everything I've seen shows that the closest we are to #3 is within our own conference. Is there actually something to this or was the writer just tripping bawlls when he wrote this?
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ing-storylines
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ESPN: Sooners have #3 recruiting class in the country..

Rivals has us as #2. Not sure where you're looking.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: ESPN: Sooners have #3 recruiting class in the country..

I'm really not sure what to think about this, because I've seen numerous other programs come storming out of the gate, only to have a bad season, coaching change or other crazy off-field occurrence (i.e. whatever the hell is going on Waco) destroy a previously top recruiting class. They're all verbals at this point and will continue to be until the spring semester starts (early enrollments), but some will wait till National Signing Day, always.

So... don't count your recruits before they're signed?

A recruit signing the LOI is worth three giving their verbals?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    Most sites have us 3rd in our own conference for the upcoming season. The ranking in that article, as well as Rivals #2 ranking, is for the 2017 season. The high ranking is also reflective on the total number of commitments more so than the "perceived" quality. We'll drop down when other schools pick up the pace with commitments. The good news is that recruiting rankings don't win championships.
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app