Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Comments on seat selection/seat upgrade process?

Any comments on how the seat selection/seat upgrade process is going? I have to wait until next week and there may not be any seats available.
    Last edited by oudivesherpa; 5/9/2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: get rid of imogie
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Comments on seat selection/seat upgrade process?

There will be seats available. I'm a little surprised they are letting displaced seat owners pick ahead of high ranking donors, though. That is contrary to everything OU does.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

That is contrary to everything OU does
    Mostly, but in this situation specifically, not necessarily.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...2a3538fc2.html

Existing season ticket holders in the south end zone are also getting a $5,000 waiver. All new season ticket holders in the club seats will be charged $7,000 per seat initially, with much of it going to the capital fund.
    In other words, a $2K per seat donation on top of the $400-$500 season ticket. It seems like OU is trying to be a little bit nice to those that are getting their section of the stadium renovated. Kudos to them.

At the same time, I'd have to be very, very well off to even consider a $2,500 season ticket as opposed to a $500 one... and an endzone seat at that. No wonder more people are just spending the money on a giant TV at home instead.

vCash

Badger, thanks that helps. I looked at the South End Zone club seats but decided against it, due to the fact that I live in Houston and can only make about two home games per year. I did increase my contribution to the Bronze Sooner Circle hoping that might move me off the goal line. I'll see when my seat selection comes up on Monday. Anything to help the Sooners.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Keep in mind that the article was from last football season I think, and things may have changed since then. Oklahoma's economy has been down with the oil/gas industry. Think of all of the major employers in OKC and Tulsa that have had to do layoffs, bankruptcy filings or have futures up in the air.

All of this already caused OU to dial back its expansion plans, and it may also make OU more open to negotiations with its fanbase on football seating... or more desperate to get the money while it still can?

Any other year, a Big 12 championship and CFP berth would probably lead to bigtime $$$, but let's face it: Saudi Arabia is not going to cutback on drilling if they haven't already.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Mostly, but in this situation specifically, not necessarily.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...2a3538fc2.html

In other words, a $2K per seat donation on top of the $400-$500 season ticket. It seems like OU is trying to be a little bit nice to those that are getting their section of the stadium renovated. Kudos to them.

At the same time, I'd have to be very, very well off to even consider a $2,500 season ticket as opposed to a $500 one... and an endzone seat at that. No wonder more people are just spending the money on a giant TV at home instead.
    There are plenty of endzone seats that aren't club. The annual giving is $100--so season ticket for $555. The club seats will have nice chair backs, and free food (I think). It is a lot for a seat, but judging by how many club seats are left (not many), it looks like OU set the price correctly.

The crazy ones to me are the Sanatee lounge seats on the West side. These are up to $37,500 capital contribution, plus $5,000 annual per seat. That's a lot to be under cover when it rains and have access to Sanatee lounge. They must be making that lounge much better. I picked up a couple of section 31 seats, on the 50 for $500 annual contribution. I'm not under cover, but have just as good a view as those seats for a lot cheaper.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

vCash

Bermuda, you got a good deal. Were you relocated? I had been giving $500 per year but increased it to $1500 this year and still haven't got to choose a seat.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oudivesherpa View Post
    Any comments on how the seat selection/seat upgrade process is going? I have to wait until next week and there may not be any seats available.
    So, did you get your seats?

vCash

No, after paying $1,500 in contributions to the Bronze Sooner Circle, my seats were no better than they were last year when I was contributing $500. I live out of State and only go to two games per year (NOT being named Ohio State) it would just be cheaper for me to pay Stub Hub $500 per ticket than to donate $1,500 and buy season tickets. I'd still like to support the University, but in 2017 I just may watch on TV
    Still love the Sooners, but disappointed by the seat selection process.