Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Bradford wants out of Philly?

According to Adam Schefter this morning. Very confusing....Yahoo article earlier said he intended to stay. But according to Schefter Sam says he won't be participating in any further Eagle practices, which is pretty specific.I think Philly threw him a curveball with the trade up to the #2 pick. He was probably thinking about how they could firm up the team in the draft, not about an obvious QB heir. Boy howdy, he sure put Philly in an awful position less than a week from the draft...maybe that's the intent.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Bradford wants out of Philly?

Lots of bitching from a guy who has only played two full season in the six since he's been drafted. One and a half seasons totally missed to injury. Only 25 career wins.

And, he's demanding what teams do with him? Give a team two or three full years and a couple of winning seasons before you start demanding things.

Sheesh. You think he'd be happy that anyone at all would even consider him at this point. He's proven nothing at all other than how fragile his body and - now - his ego are.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It seems a bit out of character given his past behavior as a team guy. He could be doing what his agent is advising him to do too. Given how much guaranteed $$ he has already banked and how (if true) conservative he is about spending it, he may not care about money anymore. He may just care about playing in the right situation and Philly ain't it.

vCash

Given the Philly fan base and the verified fact that they boo Santa Claus,
    I don't blame Sam for wanting out,(if true) and, yeah the team trading
    to get a 2nd pick in the entire draft usually means a franchise QB. I'd
    like to see him go to a team that I can root for, as in Broncos or maybe
    the Broncos or quite possibly the pro franchise in Denver.....

vCash

I'd like to see Sam as a Bronco too, but they were not exactly loaded on offense or OL.
    Amazing they won the SB with just a dominant defense and a barely acceptable offense
    that made just enough critical plays. And they lost a lot of talent on defense to free agency,
    so I could see them sinking back to average team level.

vCash

Welp, an average Bronco team is better by a factor of four over a Philly
    bunch.....just my opinion....

vCash

I agree and the Broncos certainly need a QB. The new rules prohibiting chop blocks
    *should* make Denver more QB friendly. Depends on how Kubiak responds since the
    old Bronco zone blocking run game depends on chop blocks. They will have to depend
    more on the passing game than Kubiak wanted and Sam would certainly be an
    upgrade to what was left in Manning's arm.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    It seems a bit out of character given his past behavior as a team guy. He could be doing what his agent is advising him to do too. Given how much guaranteed $$ he has already banked and how (if true) conservative he is about spending it, he may not care about money anymore. He may just care about playing in the right situation and Philly ain't it.
    I just want to see him playing behind a line that can really protect him, and have some really good receivers...I know, a lot to ask.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I'd rather see Bradford save his noggin and ditch football and see if he is good enough to make the pro golf circuit. Of course landing on the right team to collect a super bowl ring and then retire to golf wouldn't suk either.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Even if he stayed in Philly he'd draw good money for sitting on the bench. I can understand his wanting to be on the field tho.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I get that people want to label him a bust because $50 million guaranteed no playoffs lots of injuries blah blah, but this guy was the offensive rookie of the year and despite having to learn a new offense pretty much every season of his career, he was ready to stay in Philadelphia under yet another head coach and learning yet another new system and...

That's the NFL for players. It's why average careers are over in less than three seasons. It's why players care more about guaranteed money than overall contract value.

Remind me again why taxpayers finance NFL stadiums so that TV viewers can see a fraction of the number of college games we can see any given week during the season?

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

TDTW, you are a bit harsh... The Rams used him (and used him up) like Houston used David Carr. Hell is I were Sam, take the bank, get traded to a good team and sit on bench as #2. Enjoy life and guaranteed money. Retire after several more years without getting pounded.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Remind me again why taxpayers finance NFL stadiums . . .
    I could but you get banned for discussing "many"+"small bloodsuckers" on this forum.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I can't think of any QB that would have prospered under Bradford's circumstances. He has had the misery of playing behind some of the worst OL's in the NFL. Never had a legit big time receiver, really never had a good NFL number 1 type receiver and has gone through OC's like Spinal Tap went through drummers.....Now he finds out that instead of filling holes on the OL or finding a top-flight receiver they are drafting another QB, while he takes another year of beatings, to let his replacement learn the system.

If I were Bradford I would be mad to. Eagles management has put him in a terrible position.

vCash

I was in the opposite-of-awe watching Sam's passes bounce off receivers' hands. Same for when I heard that Philly receivers were dropping because Sam was throwing to them where they were about to take a hit.

Growing up on the pro game, I was amazed at how many passes were dropped in college, because I was used to NFL receivers almost-never dropping, even though practically every throw was into traffic, near the sidelines/endlines, and yes, where receivers were about to take a monster hit.

Regardless, I stand by Sam Bradford, whatever his decision is, because he's a good guy and a good quarterback, even if the rest of the football world doesn't agree. It's like when he helicoptered into OSU's endzone --- was it Sam doing everything he could to score (from OU fans' eyes), or not scoring (from contrarian perspectives). I am on the side of the helicopter-is-awesome

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I can't think of any QB that would have prospered under Bradford's circumstances. He has had the misery of playing behind some of the worst OL's in the NFL. Never had a legit big time receiver, really never had a good NFL number 1 type receiver and has gone through OC's like Spinal Tap went through drummers.....Now he finds out that instead of filling holes on the OL or finding a top-flight receiver they are drafting another QB, while he takes another year of beatings, to let his replacement learn the system.

If I were Bradford I would be mad to. Eagles management has put him in a terrible position.
    Eagles management has put him in a terrible position? WTF are you talking about? They just gave him a $35 million contract with $22 million of it guaranteed!

He needs to shut up, stay healthy, and win more games. He's got plenty of money. What he doesn't have plenty of is on the field results in the NFL. That's on him.

Sorry, Bradford's a nice kid. But, here, he's moved himself into the category of just another multi-million dollar crybaby who doesn't want to compete for a starting job.

It's put up or shut up time for Sam. He's being well paid despite a not so great track record in the pros. He should be thankful, not sulking and threatening.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Sam just wants a better blocking line and better receivers. Hard to blame him for that.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Eagles management has put him in a terrible position?
    I get that it's on Sam to have signed a contract extension with the Eagles after they already fired Chip Kelly and set himself up to learn yet a new offense, which he's done practically every year of his professional career. Maybe he should have waited a fielded offers from the Broncos or 49ers. Or, perhaps he did and the Eagles made the best offer. Either way, he signed so he's seemingly stuck.

However, based on the fact that Sam Bradford has absolutely no history of being a diva and then suddenly acting like this, which seems completely out of character, I suspect that the Eagles during contract negotiations were like oh no no no, we're not going to draft a quarterback! We've got Chase Daniel as your backup and you as the starter and nobody else!

Does money, even "a $35 million contract with $22 million of it guaranteed," make the Eagles draft move easier to take?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I get that it's on Sam to have signed a contract extension with the Eagles after they already fired Chip Kelly and set himself up to learn yet a new offense, which he's done practically every year of his professional career. Maybe he should have waited a fielded offers from the Broncos or 49ers. Or, perhaps he did and the Eagles made the best offer. Either way, he signed so he's seemingly stuck.

However, based on the fact that Sam Bradford has absolutely no history of being a diva and then suddenly acting like this, which seems completely out of character, I suspect that the Eagles during contract negotiations were like oh no no no, we're not going to draft a quarterback! We've got Chase Daniel as your backup and you as the starter and nobody else!

Does money, even "a $35 million contract with $22 million of it guaranteed," make the Eagles draft move easier to take?
    Sam Bradford, of all players, can't be this stupid. He was injured multiple times in college; and, he's been injured multiple times as a pro. He can't be so stupid as to understand that every team has to plan for its future - near future and the years to follow.

He's proven to be an injury risk: http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/inj...r/player/23976

The Eagles have to protect themselves at every position - and, some argue, there is no more important position than quarterback.

Sorry. Again, Sam's a good kid. But, this was a no-brainer for Philadelphia. Kelly left them with an injury-prone quarterback, whom they graciously re-signed. Neither the League nor the Eagles will fold once Sam retires, so Philadelphia is correct to draft based on their future with or without him.

Look at what a sorry state the Dallas Cowboys put themselves in by not drafting quarterbacks behind Tony Romo. When he's been injured, the Cowboys have been awful. You don't think their Division-mates, the Eagles, haven't taken notice of that?

vCash

Amendola is the closest that Sam had for a decent wideout and, if
    memory serves, few plays were called for him and when they were
    he had hands of stone. No protection, mediocre running backs, a
    new system every year, either in St. Louis or Philly...even DM couldn't
    do anything behind Philly's line....no wonder "guaranteed $$$" was
    in play. Heh, I bet that Sam still has most of the $50m from the Rams
    in blue chip stocks and guaranteed annuities.

I saw a blurb where Denver and Philly couldn't agree on a deal for Sam
    so the Broncos traded up and got a kid from Louisville or Memphis.